Are You Afraid of Bad Beats?

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I feel nervous about a bad beat, i need a big reflex about these feelings, because maybe can be on tilt or i dont have enough confidence to play at this moment... so, those are some of the questions that a good player should ask.

Last edited:
R

rakspin_vr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not afraid, but it's bad to beat you with a weak hand.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
n an all in triple, you with KK have 45% and considering a Tight profile the villains get villain1 33% and villain2 22%

That's pre flop. Do you really think you should not pay?
Sorry, math is on your side.
Interesting thing, math...
For me folding KK on the bubble with multiple all-in is due to math: guaranteed itm
But... it is tempting to shove as well.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a good saying: wolves are afraid to not go to the forest!) And I really love shish kebab in nature)))

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I guess some people are disagree. :) I have a feeling like someone didn't approve my all-in with KK in previous league game.

You can not bother with that. If your all in was pre is 100% correct.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not afraid, but, nervous.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Interesting thing, math...
For me folding KK on the bubble with multiple all-in is due to math: guaranteed itm
But... it is tempting to shove as well.

So your account does not close. Mathematically you will pass ITM but the chance of falling is much greater than calling with KK in the bubble.

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not afraid to go with Oylin with AA KK, but very often I lose, the last time the opponent left Oylin with A2, I had a KK and I lost because A2 fell out.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always go all in with such monsters in all-in. Developments on the table to predict my actions.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I consider AA and KK pretty much all-in hands, in most situations. The only time I might consider folding them pre-flop:- If the tournament is at the bubble.
And
- There are two or more players already all-in.
And
- I am short stacked and desperate to cash.
And
- I am pretty confident that I can get into the money by folding.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and sometimes it affects my playing and leads me to severe losses :/

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid to go with Oylin with AA KK, but very often I lose, the last time the opponent left Oylin with A2, I had a KK and I lost because A2 fell out.

Well, one A would've been enough. KK has this silver bullet ( get it? bullet as in A? Right? Right? :D ).

Now I personally push on AA (even if my PS stats aren't looking good) and try to really play KK. Pushing out Ax limpers is my goal.

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play micro NL2 and I am constantly afraid of bad beats - some people will call absolutely everything to the river and I have lost a lot of my (very modest) bankroll many times because I was betting & barreling high on a winning hand and got beat in the last moment. Sometimes a whole stack doesn't seem enough to make people fold a weaker hand.

I do however tell myself that over time playing the hand "right" will eventually create +EV. Being a total beginner that's a pretty hard thing to do though ><

Due to poor reading of the board and villain I am guilty of more than a few bad beats as well, I admit. :confused:

T

Tittan84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I feel Bad Beat, but I can't send AA or KK. I don't know why so occurs.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Even if you had gone All in with AA and the villain had A2o. Mathematically he still has a chance. Minuscule, but it has.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I consider AA and KK pretty much all-in hands, in most situations. The only time I might consider folding them pre-flop:- If the tournament is at the bubble.
And
- There are two or more players already all-in.
And
- I am short stacked and desperate to cash.
And
- I am pretty confident that I can get into the money by folding.

Okay, but it's a bad decision financially. In the long run you will not be profitable. Fact.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, one A would've been enough. KK has this silver bullet ( get it? bullet as in A? Right? Right? :D ).

Now I personally push on AA (even if my PS stats aren't looking good) and try to really play KK. Pushing out Ax limpers is my goal.

Yes, in relation to AA the KK has chances of bigger losses. Usually you get a call of 88+ AJ + depending on the level of the tournament. But analyzing mathematically you can never drop AA or KK pre flop.
Already, you need to do several tests. In this situation it is acceptable.

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not angry after a bad beat... I'm happy , smiling and dancing)))

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only play micro NL2 and I am constantly afraid of bad beats - some people will call absolutely everything to the river and I have lost a lot of my (very modest) bankroll many times because I was betting & barreling high on a winning hand and got beat in the last moment. Sometimes a whole stack doesn't seem enough to make people fold a weaker hand.

I do however tell myself that over time playing the hand "right" will eventually create +EV. Being a total beginner that's a pretty hard thing to do though ><

Due to poor reading of the board and villain I am guilty of more than a few bad beats as well, I admit. :confused:

Is correct. Many beginning players take these hands to the river, playing looking only at the strength of their hand. But if you were all the time ahead, you made the best decision, the villain on the turn has only a 5% chance to hit the river. Then in 100 hands you will gain 95. You have to keep that in mind, despite the mental knock that bad beat causes, you have to reestablish fast not to affect other tables.

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was a joke))) of course angry and very angry but try to control my
emotions and the process of the game.

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:elefant:it was a joke))) of course angry and very angry but try to control my

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
:elefant:it was a joke))) of course angry and very angry but try to control my

Well it should not be a joke, friend, in your case the problem is self control. You need to study and understand the math of the game. When the villain has 2% on the River he is still alive and you have not won a hand yet.
I know how crazy this logic is and lose a hand like that. But you need this concentrate and focus on the next tables. That's the secret.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not afraid, I just try to analyze where I went wrong, if I could have played differently, and do differently next time.