Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know, what a major let down, annoyed is an understatement for me.
I just can't believe Cheong came back off the layoff so out of sync after being so poised and focused the whole tournament.:(

Out of sync??? Curious.... did you watch the final table play out? Because I watched every single hand play out til' around 5 left & then read every single hand after site went down that was airing it. Cheong played GREAT the entire time. His 5-bet shove w A7o.... he's obviously believing he has fold equity, he's got Duhamel covered & Racener is relatively short at this point.. meaning.. what would Duhamel need to make the call here? (KK+?... 'maybe' QQ).. does Cheong believe he'll make the call (obv not), has Cheong gotten out of line prior to suggest he's not holding a monster here?..

ythelongface

ythelongface

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Out of sync??? Curious.... did you watch the final table play out? Because I watched every single hand play out til' around 5 left & then read every single hand after site went down that was airing it. Cheong played GREAT the entire time. His 5-bet shove w A7o.... he's obviously believing he has fold equity, he's got Duhamel covered & Racener is relatively short at this point.. meaning.. what would Duhamel need to make the call here? (KK+?... 'maybe' QQ).. does Cheong believe he'll make the call (obv not), has Cheong gotten out of line prior to suggest he's not holding a monster here?..

Agreed.. Yes, Cheong had not gone to showdown hardly at all, but the fact is, the vast majority of the time his 5-bet shove with A7o would have been good to take down the pot or at least isolate Racener and give Cheong a shot at HU with Duhamel for the braclet. I cant fault Cheong here at all.. The young man had a great timing for the entire FT, and this was just unfortunate timing to run into QQ.

G

gns2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the updates folk. I was wondering how it went yesterday. STill gonna watch on Tuesday to see the broadcast. Gonna be a SICK watch it sounds like.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know when the last two square off. Do the y get Sunday off or what?

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Racener needs to at least double or triple up to really have a chance at taking it, but once he does I'm pretty sure he'll be able to handle Duhamel.

appaz86

appaz86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i REALLY hope duhamel doesnt win...

that call with A9os vs the grinder for his whole stack was pretty poor, as was his terrible play with JJ vs Matt Affleck

having said that, he did play decent at the FT... Cheong was just beasting it so hard, still cant believe he blew it. he played amazing, gg Cheong

B

baseballfool2231

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea iknow a few sites to watch the live stream, just pm me, i will hook you up to watch the november 9, great show down, goo grinder...

Last edited by a moderator:
nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like ESPN3 will be streaming the heads-up final tonight starting at 11 (I'm assuming EST).

NobleTruths

NobleTruths

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep....EST. Altho, I thought it started at 11:30...i could be wrong.

appaz86

appaz86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if any1 has non espn3 streams that would be appreciated!

pm please

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they gonna air the whole thing tomorrow night on espn? or is it gonna be another 2 episodes..one tomorrow and one next tuesday?

appaz86

appaz86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so the heads up is live on espn3 without hole cards like before?

i need an international stream :)

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racener needs a double up pretty quick, down to 10bbs...

appaz86

appaz86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what was the play like?

i missed it couldn't find an non american stream :(

i read racener got too nitty and played the short stack rather weak

O

Oil_Fan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 hours of HU play....I need to get some sleep. But it was awesome to watch!!

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
congrats to duhammel ..i was rootin for him even though he KO'd affleck

D

DennisC98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yupp congrats Duhamel.

Jonathan Duhamel has the button.

Duhamel's not letting up. He shoves again. This time John Racener calls for 14.95 million. The cards are on their backs:

Showdown

Duhamel: As Jh

Racener: Kd 8d

Improbably, after shoving several hands in a row, Duhamel turns up with a big ace here. He's a 3-to-2 favorite against Racener's suited king. Off to the flop they go: 4c 4d 9s

Duhamel is pumping his fists below the level of the rail as he dances around on his feet. Racener is also standing, shifting his weight nervously from one foot to the other as he awaits the turn... 6c

Still neither player has improved. Racener is down to his last chance. He needs to catch a king or an eight on the river or we'll have a champion. Here's the river... 5c

It's over! Duhamel runs back to his rail, many of whom are dressed in Montreal Canadien jerseys. They lift him off of his (un-shoed) feet in a sea of red and start chanting "Ole! Ole Ole Ole! Ole! Ole!" For the first time in WSOP history, the Main Event champion is a Canadian! (NICE)

Racener is consoled by his own fans. For 2nd place, he gets $5,545,955​

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm so glad this thread is here at CC. I was facing strange looks from my family as to why I'd spend so much time looking at an online poker game!

I'll admit that I was wondering just how addicted to poker I am if I'm willing to spend a good couple of hours watching the game! :) At least I'm doing laundry and dishes while I'm watching (go multi-tasking--keeps the family from revolting when I'm glued to my laptop!).

Golfers are worse, they do nothing but watch....lol

WSOP Organize a Home Poker Game