WSOP 2009 Final Table *SPOILERS*

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it was 4-3-2 with 2 spades.

I didn't make out much of what Moon said in the background, but I definitely heard "if you push all in I'm drawing dead"
How could he be drawing dead against that hand.
Will be interesting to see the ESPN broadcast of this.

P

Pokerdude420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Moon had something like 98 or Jack10 suited...he figured Begs had Jacks-Aces or a set already so he didnt want to lose 6 more...it was a crazy hand though 7 to 1 odds u gotta call with almost anything

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't make out much of what Moon said in the background, but I definitely heard "if you push all in I'm drawing dead"
How could he be drawing dead against that hand.
Will be interesting to see the ESPN broadcast of this.

Yeah, I heard that too. Obviously there is no hand Moon had where he'd be drawing stone cold dead. It's possible that perhaps it was set over set, in which case Moon would have been drawing virtually dead (and wouldn't have had the pot odds to call). But it's way more likely that Moon doesn't know what he's doing or saying.

bryan24

bryan24

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ivey is slowlyyyyyyyy getting into the thick of this thing.....

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For anyone worried about Ivey...he just won 3 of the last 4 hands to get up to 16.7 Mil, which is the most he's had.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dinner break - back in two hours.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 hr dinner break 2 hours of UB COMMERCIALS LOL

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dinner break...they said they'll be back at 9 PM Pacific, Midnight for us East Coasters. Which means, I'll probably pick this back up in the morning.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
darvin moon has already made the 2 worst plays on televised wsop ME history, and we still have 7 players left to go through. that's pretty amazing when you think about it. sweet mother of god. this is why you hire a coach or read a book when there's $8 million on the line

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 hour break?!? BOOO!!! I wanna watch more NOW!! lol.

GOOOO IVEY!!! He's up to $16.5mill. I think if he can get upto $25mill+ then he'll have a great shot at running these fools ova (apart from buchman, i think he's doin well).
The commentators said Ivey was waitin for it to get shorthanded so he can whip out his plays, so i hope all the best to him and that it works out. I wanna see ivey win this so bad lol.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
darvin moon has already made the 2 worst plays on televised WSOP ME history, and we still have 7 players left to go through. that's pretty amazing when you think about it. sweet mother of god. this is why you hire a coach or read a book when there's $8 million on the line

Maybe he should have a least picked up the little green book for some basic info before he came to the final table...

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did stupid to not do any research, playin poker or any training/reading when u've got a tournament as big as this.
Hmmm what a tool lol.

R

RyanDG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
darvin moon has already made the 2 worst plays on televised WSOP ME history, and we still have 7 players left to go through. that's pretty amazing when you think about it. sweet mother of god. this is why you hire a coach or read a book when there's $8 million on the line

I really think more than anything the time off hurt Darvin Moon the most here. He doesn't seem to be able to get back into the groove as quickly as the others at the table. I wouldn't say that he was stupid, but I think the stage, the time off, and the fact that they don't have a comfortable 'moving in' period to go through really hurt his streak he was on.

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are they on dinner break?
Showing replay on bluff magazine

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really think more than anything the time off hurt Darvin Moon the most here. He doesn't seem to be able to get back into the groove as quickly as the others at the table. I wouldn't say that he was stupid, but I think the stage, the time off, and the fact that they don't have a comfortable 'moving in' period to go through really hurt his streak he was on.

yeah, i also wouldnt be surprised if a bunch of his friends/poker buddies have been telling him for the past few months "darvin, you're the chip leader, you gotta be aggressive!" or "darvin, everyone thinks you have AA/KK all the time, you gotta make some moves". if so that might have led to darvin trying to force moves in situations where he's completely uncomfortable with it, and where it doesn't make any sense

i'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt...

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw moons play with the a4 isnt that bad. It obviously isn't great but he donks at the flop to win it, but then thinks the raise which it likely is a good portion of the time so he commits the rest of the chips. It isn't good, but its not *that* bad

WSOP