Total posts
Chips
because cadas suckouts were MASSIVE

33> JJ
22> QQ

Moons

AQs? >QQ
AQ > AK

So two 70<30's by a bad player is better than two 20>80's by a good player?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Congo-Rats to Joe Cada! Youngest wsop Champ ever! I think he'll be holding that record a lot longer than Peter Eastgate did, haha.

Cada's 99 defeated Moon's QJ for the win.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cada played pretty well on the final table. Altho he did suck out, he was in the right place at the right time lol :p
Congratz Cada!!! Moon too for making it to 2nd lol.
Shame about Ivey, guess he was jus card dead and didnt like his spots? Ahwell lol.

aL

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but the real winner here is Johnny Bax lol, half of Cada's winnings to be shipped straight to him.

Ivey will win in in 2010 ldo

Last edited:
M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like a fool this morning since I wanted to put money on Cada before the final table started and didn't get a chance to do it. I missed out on that one. Bummer

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone else think Cada played the HU match completely wrong? He played right into the hands of Moon. Instead of playing small pots, waiting for Darvin to trap himself with his over the top all-ins or huge raises, Cada decided to gamble in big pots right along with Darvin, thus taking away his own advantage.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. He won.
But he didnt need to gamble as much as he did. His backers and supporters were practically screaming at him to stop raising on the button so much because Darvin was coming over the top of him or calling the raise then leading out for 80% of the pot on the flop and taking it down.
Don't be so results orientated.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But he didnt need to gamble as much as he did. His backers and supporters were practically screaming at him to stop raising on the button so much because Darvin was coming over the top of him or calling the raise then leading out for 80% of the pot on the flop and taking it down.
Don't be so results orientated.

In the end.. results are all that matter.

W

Waboca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Saout had AKs and was the aggressor. It was Begs who called with just the pair. Saout was technically a 51-49 favorite with the nut flush draw and overs. It wasn't a bad play at all.

I was speaking as in this was a bad call by Begs, not Sauot

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't wait to watch this on ESPN tonight. The play down from 9-2 had a few interesting moments. Curious to see what the players were holding.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What do you think the over/under will be for tonight's heads-up match?

1 hour?

My guess is it won't even go that long.

Do you think Moon will be that patient?

Remember, Cada makes a living out of high-stakes headsup matches online. I be he just sits back and waits for Moon to make one of those nice fat raises, and then springs the trap.

Should be fun.

Sorry but felt the need to put in a comment here... regarding Joe Cada and HeadsUp SNG play.....
YES Joe Cada plays ALOT of HeadsUP SNG's online, BUT he does not make a living from them (unless someone pays him a considerable amount of money for losing them purposefully??).
Here's Cada's stats. for online HeadsUp SNG's
pokerstars
1,919 HU games played, ROI -7%, avg.buyin $1,319.23
net profit -$89,015 (MINUS.. yes he is DOWN almost $90,000 in them!!!)
fulltilt
1,919 HU games played, ROI 0%, avg.buyin $352.77,
net profit, +$259.75 (UP $259.75,...almost 'one' buyin).

For sure he has ALOT of headsup experience.... but it is not where he's made any money. His money has been made in online MTT's, with biggest cash coming from a 1st place finish in the $750Kguar. on Fulltilt.
Between Stars & Fultilt he has played 1,807 mtt's and is up $450,000

Cada's backers must've been pretty excited about the match last night, one of whom could be heard cheering in the background during the broadcast.

It was a great match. Moon played it very well imo... unfortunately kinda made a blunder with the turn shove with an OESD (obviously figuring Cada couldn't make the hero call with a '9' in his hand... but then made the call for the win when he faded 8outs on the river).
Great job to both of them. I think Moon represented himself far better than many had expected. Hats off to him in his performance and for his awesome show after the event when he took hold of Cada's arm and raised it in victory, somewhat similiar to what would be seen in a boxing match.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, Phil Ivey in '10.... This should be a sign....

and i love how ivey TOLD Darvin Moon to give him some mints...so baller.

RoyalFish

RoyalFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is hilarious to watch. :) Moon doesn't seem to care whether he wins or loses, which I guess makes sense. Guy lives in a 1 room cabin in the middle of nowhere and is happy to just go back and stick with it. He already won more money than he'll need for the rest of his life. Good for him for not being caught up in the rat race like the rest of us.

I have to say it's funny to see that in his much maligned laydown he actually didn't have odds to call. He couldn't have known that, of course. Thanks, BTW, for the explanation a couple days ago.

angiedubs

angiedubs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just finished watchin it too. Final table was th reason i didnt go to my twitter or visit any poker sites this weekend. didnt want th surprise spoiled. Plus it was good excuse to take weekend off from playin poker online too which is why i wasnt around this weekend. I'm back now. Enjoyed th show. Was rootin for Ivey though.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, Phil Ivey in '10.... This should be a sign....

and i love how ivey TOLD Darvin Moon to give him some mints...so baller.

i literally LMFAO at this.

there sitting there talking and Moon busts open a box of mints, Ivey sees the box and holds out his hand and says GIMME SOME OF THOSE lmao that was great...Moons a great sport..he made a new friend at the table (Ivey) :cool:

swrittenb

swrittenb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a great match. Moon played it very well imo... unfortunately kinda made a blunder with the turn shove with an OESD (obviously figuring Cada couldn't make the hero call with a '9' in his hand... but then made the call for the win when he faded 8outs on the river).

* technically 7 outs, since Cada held a J.

Kasanova King

Kasanova King

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I missed the final table ESPN episode last night, (too bust at an intense house game of 1-2 hold em).. does anyone know if it downloaded anywhere on the web yet? Replay? Stream?

WSOP