Would You Rather Be Lucky or Knowledgeable in Poker?

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am on the same board. If you play 10+ million right hands in the right way you win. Moreover, you can expand knowledge, but you can not influence the luck in any way.
Sorry for my English, if something.

Good Knowledges to all.:wink:

I agree with you. Skills are a higher priority.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a relative concept.Today there is luck-tomorrow it may not be.But the knowledge and experience to bring results!Go ahead for the next batch of knowledge in the game and more experience for you!

frederixo

frederixo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer luck, but depends off The days to had luck ��

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowledge of the game is essential when you become an advit poker player and is needed to better your game. However, luck can always beat knowledge at any given time.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowledge is not enough to win poker and you need luck. I don't know how much luck and how much knowledge, but the two together can make you a great poker player.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: Luck or knowledge that you prefer in poker?

I prefer to balance the scale, 70% skill and 30% luck, as long as the river accompanies we are fine :top:

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck cannot be increased, so the choice is obvious knowledge)))

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree in poker you need knowledge and luck, if you are not lucky you will not win a single tournament.:)

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

you need both happiness and knowledge:):):)

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that a combination of knowledge and luck will give the best result.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a professional player once said if there was no luck i would be the best poker player

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck and skill working only together, but skill is more important. Without luck you can still build your stack, but probably selecting less cards to play with, and admire positions and other's stacks more.
Without skill, your moves are predictable, and your control in the game are taken over by better players. Skilled players also can assimilate to the new situations easier - I believe these two factors can make them more effective in long term.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that a little bit of each, you can be good technically, but if you don't win flip you won't get anywhere.

A

atyagi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill an knowledge.
Luck in poker is nothing but variance that you can minimize by having right knowledge.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly knowledge. Luck in poker will be few and far between, since knowledge has enabled you to make a profit in the long run.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer both, because no matter how much knowledge you have without a little bit of luck, you could loose, because the villain got lucky.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win a tourney, you need both, there are phases, where you can separate them, but in the end you need both. So I prefer luck&knowledge.

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely knowledge because luck can turn into bad luck rather quickly... and it would make wonderful forums like this, for naught, if poker were just about blind luck.... There are deep calculations about expected value%, pot odds, etc. that need to be made BEFORE becoming a profitable winning player in the long term..

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that both are VERY important.

If you look at the top pros, they are all very lucky. Why? Because they know how to use the luck, and they know how to get lucky.

How many times do you see them stay in a hand with two rotten cards? Often. They can size up, instantly, what their odds are, based on how many are left in the hand, their position at the table, the playing style of those left in the hand, and very importantly, pot odds.

Daniel Negreanu, and Doyle Brunson are the best I've ever seen, at this. They can turn a rotten hand into a good hand, because they recognise a possible lucky situation, and have had it happen to them before.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Professional skills are the basis of good luck.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider both knowledge and luck important.
You can be any good player, if you are unlucky in poker, you cannot win.
In vain is the best strategy if your ace pair is taken away by a lucky 2 7.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly knowledge, luck helps those who have the right knowledge in the right decision.

elefece

elefece

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think both are really indispensable