Would You Rather Be Lucky or Knowledgeable in Poker?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer both since you can be the most professional but if you lack that point of luck you will not reach the end ...

Luck in poker looking at the long term, practically does not exist.
Remember that.

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, knowledge is more important, but luck will not hurt either, because often with a good hand, you have no luck at all in the end

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me knowledge is important as you need to have a good understanding of the game. Luck will not help you out as it always seems as the opponents always have luck on their side.

Beatlebug

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As famous golfer Gary Player said, "The more I practice, the luckier I get." I think this means that the more you improve your skill/knowledge, the more you improve your playing, so you make better decisions that place you in more positive situations = better results (more luck).

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
El conocimiento, por supuesto, la suerte te está esperando en una mesa real con jugadores reales y aplica la experiencia del juego en línea.

T

TUGIN777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a beginner poker player at the moment and have very little knowledge, so I rely on luck mostly.
It would seem that what is common between the game of poker and Feng Shui? At first glance, nothing, but let's look at it from the other side. Feng shui is an ancient set of karmic rules, following which you attract spiritual harmony, good luck and prosperity into your life. People have always sought to draw good luck into their world by performing every conceivable ritual, making amulets for good luck-from horseshoes on the front door to tattoos on the body in the form of Chinese characters - symbols of good luck. There is no evidence that these symbols and rituals helped anyone, just as there is no evidence to the contrary. Someone is lucky, someone is not.
As you know, what we believe in works well. Poker players, like all people, are superstitious, they have their own signs and rituals, following which, as they believe, leads to a big win. Usually, players carry an object with them and place it next to or on top of their chips when they sit down at the table. Especially popular in recent years are figures from Feng Shui-a laughing Buddha, toads with a coin in their teeth, various animals that symbolize good luck in a risky business.
In addition, the occult meaning is given to shirts and other items of clothing in which the player was lucky enough to once hit a solid jackpot. And some do not even erase the cherished thing, believing that the water will wash away the miraculous properties. In this vein, the wsop and WSOPE series of bracelets are especially popular. Their lucky owners do not so much boast about their achievements, as they seek to have a psychological impact on the opponent.
The game of poker and the art of feng Shui are related not only to the wearing of occult objects by players, but also to signs. For example, according to feng shui, any display in the house of an angry dog contributes to the departure of good luck from the house. So poker players have a sign that you can never start playing in the house where the dog is located, otherwise you will lose to the nines. Although it would seem that someone will still win, why not reflect on the luck of the winner. But there are also certain differences in the signs. For example, the cross in the teaching is interpreted as a powerful talisman on the part of all four elements – water, earth, air and fire. The cross is embroidered with most of the paintings that symbolize good luck in a particular field. But in poker, crossing hands, legs or any objects promises failure in the game. On the other hand, in Feng shui, all the symbols and signs have a double meaning, and the same cross-stitch, made with flaws, will not only not bring good luck to the house, but will also help to ensure that it does not return. Another sign that is inherent in both poker and most Eastern philosophies in their modern interpretation is the presence of a lucky mentor. It is believed that through training from such a master comes not only knowledge, but also a piece of luck.
According to the players, this hobby gives rise to signs that are not related to any philosophy. It's all about people and their quirks. But the players still remember about the dogs and try not to play in rooms where there are these animals. On the other hand, players have a sign that dirty clothes will certainly bring a big jackpot. That's why it should not be used to neutralize the influence of the dog. Although according to the same feng shui, the worst thing you can do for your karma is to walk around in dirty clothes. It also accumulates the energy of withering and brings with it the approach of troubles and the loss of good luck. So in this sense, the influence of poker and feng shui is quite contradictory.
At the same time, many online poker players do not disdain symbols – so on the forums dedicated to poker, there are often discussions on the topic of attracting good luck with the help of magic symbols and runes. Often, avatars of online poker players are accompanied by corresponding appeals on feng shui. For example, rather than just want a fish, start weaving a net to catch it. Or another more close to the theme of poker "Look at the sworn enemy, if you do not see a fish in it, then you are the fish!" Fish in the context of poker means a bad player. So before you sit down at the game table, look carefully at the opponents, maybe it's better to sit at another table. Good luck to everyone!

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever we win a tournament, we can find a few hands where luck has saved us. Luck is an indispensable factor, but not as constant as knowledge. Luck comes and goes, but knowledge is the foundation that stays forever.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to be "good" than "lucky". Good players stick around a lot longer than lucky players. But, wouldn't it be nice to be both? Haha

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
due to the large number of new players who do not always prefer to play according to a certain strategy "luck is as important as good experience", there is a very large number of players who make very ill-considered decisions but still take the pot as a result... there are a lot of examples of this: for example, yesterday's hand to a player with 56 spades makes 3 bets, I have an ace king ... and what do you think on the turn he gets a flush....

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with knowledge comes also the luck. ;)

D

dima08191

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Professional plays with knowledge, for amateurs very important luck)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Luck is always nice, but even if you hit trips on the flop when you are holding any pocket pair you still need to be cautious, as the Villain could have made a bigger set or a straight or even a flush. the possibilities are huge.
Remember the hand is never over until the River card comes.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need both, because without luck your experience won't bring you anything ... Poker consists of both experience and luck, and if both are available you could make a difference

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need both knowledge to play and luck in a hand that can open wrong and win

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say only 3% of people are not able to learn foreign language.
I believe there is small % of people are not destined to get luck in game.
I know there are no people winning on a distance without knowledge.

So, I hope to get luck but make an effort to learning.:icon_stud