Would you like a scholarship subsidy program thru a poker non profit organization?

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
Tools for the Poker career ship program let’s talk about solvers, which one would you pick and why?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
How can I access more information about this organization?
Just google it. For example: staking poker players stable
Some links to stables may appear. Just be careful, and do your due diligence before signing up with anyone. You also need to have some kind of track record to show that you actually have some skills to begin with.

Last edited:
C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
Tools for the Poker career ship program let’s talk about books, which ones would you pick and why?

Tools for the Poker career ship program let’s talk about poker coaching, which one would you pick and why?
Just google it. For example: staking poker players stable
Some links to stables may appear. Just be careful, and do your do diligence before signing up with anyone. You also need to have some kind of track record to show that you actually some skills to begin with.
Thanks for the info, my idea is to be able to see whats in the market in order to build something better

Tools for the Poker career ship program let’s talk about poker coaching, which one would you pick and why?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe there is a possibility and that's why I am asking this questions to be able to understand the perceptions of the community and analyze the right steps to build something that many think is impossible.

I consider that if you play poker as a structured professional player you are not gambling; if you learn how to manage the risk that you take in every tournament or session you will never go broke. And if you apply this to any other aspect in life your chances of being successful are exponentially bigger than if you don't have this skill. So this non profit organization will be forming better citizens for the society than a big percentage of the college careers that have a very expensive scholarship program that is already proven not to be financially viable.

I think that the answer is yes, there are organizations ready to invest in such a program to build professionals, and of course is not for everyone and that's why I would ask you: If a poker non profit organization existed, what test would you use to select the candidates that will have access for a career ship program package? Imagine is the equivalent of applying to a University like Harvard or MIT if you get this opportunity you can become part of a very exclusive club, so an effective admission program is required.
Hello, I have a similar idea, with a structure. But it is not non-profit. However, it is very fair, with an entire organization to protect itself, and also with a fair profit so that it can maintain itself since the entire apparatus will require a considerable investment. If you want we can talk about it. The important thing is that you have the right idea for a successful business. I don't mind giving you that idea. I don't want anything unless it works out and you think I deserve something.

This would only make poker less profitable.
Maybe, for those who are afraid of competition. or is lazy to keep up with the changes and evolution of poker.

I think this would only be true if the number of players coming out of the program has a very large number in order to represent a % that would impact the outcome of the results
this is true :cool:

Tools for the Poker career ship program let’s talk about HUD, which one would you pick and why?
Hand2note is great and has several free tools, very complete and with tournament review availability. Well, get in touch with me and I'll give you a sketch of the idea and you'll see if you can improve it.

Tools for the Poker career ship program let’s talk about solvers, which one would you pick and why?
I don't have experience with solvers to recommend to you.

At the end a team would be created as a result of the program. And yes I agree with you that it is necessary to have good coaching to handle the selected members. This allows me to ask some additional question regarding this topic, to try to design the optimal program:

What features should a career ship program package, provide to a poker player to be able to become a professional a wining player?

For example: Minimum living expenses what should be expected to be covered?
Well, I already sent the whole idea privately.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just a matter of maturing and putting the minimum investment on paper, and where we want to get to.

If you are interested in following this project, please get in touch and we will develop this idea and look for the right people for each area. Don't share it with anyone you don't trust, don't do it with me, because you have nothing to lose.:ROFLMAO:
Everything I have is enough for me.and are not material goods;)
Dreams, honesty and peace are most important to me.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are interested in following this project, please get in touch and we will develop this idea and look for the right people for each area. Don't share it with anyone you don't trust, don't do it with me, because you have nothing to lose.:ROFLMAO:
I think I expressed myself badly, what a shame. language barriers. I meant don't do like I did

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, it would be good to give opportunities to people without conditions!

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Seriously, a non-profit offering poker scholarships.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A career scholarship subsidy program's purpose would be to support poker players who want to make a career in poker. It could cover your basic expenses to be able to start a professional poker career from scratch. What are your thoughts about this possibility?
where do i sign?
lol everyone would sign up and that scholarship would go broke

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Owe what? (love your avatar!!)
My goodness, I'm going to have to spend a season in the USA to improve my cheap English!:ROFLMAO:
The intention was to say: “Is it really possible that no one will do this”. If you only knew how redundant I have to be to make sense in English...🙄

Owe what? (love your avatar!!)
My avatar is a tribute to the forum, and to everything I have grown as a player and person through all the contributors. Soon I will get a tattoo of him with my nickname CC on my forearm

In my opinion, it would be good to give opportunities to people without conditions!
people without conditions don't! must have at least commitment and potential

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goodness, I'm going to have to spend a season in the USA to improve my cheap English!:ROFLMAO:
The intention was to say: “Is it really possible that no one will do this”. If you only knew how redundant I have to be to make sense in English...🙄

My avatar is a tribute to the forum, and to everything I have grown as a player and person through all the contributors. Soon I will get a tattoo of him with my nickname CC on my forearm

people without conditions don't! must have at least commitment and potential
Awesome

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no need for help in poker; anyone can begin to rise to the heights of the poker Olympus.Poker mathematics is not like the advanced course taught in colleges. In its basic version it is available to everyone.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It is difficult for someone to dare to organize it without profit in these times where money is a great motivation, and where people care little about others and see more for their personal interests or those of those close to them.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no need for help in poker; anyone can begin to rise to the heights of the poker Olympus.Poker mathematics is not like the advanced course taught in colleges. In its basic version it is available to everyone.
In fact, poker mathematics is very advanced and has many variables, issues that have no comparison with traditional mathematics. And the main issue in poker is emotional intelligence and mental preparation.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult for someone to dare to organize it without profit in these times where money is a great motivation, and where people care little about others and see more for their personal interests or those of those close to them.
Most people are blind and afraid. There are ways for everyone to win but it wouldn't be like the topic creator's initial idea. Non-profit does not exist. It's easier to create a school then and invest in intellectual capital to prepare players who would still need to set aside percentages of their profits in case of future success. Profit for those involved will always have to happen. because time is very expensive!

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
It's just a matter of maturing and putting the minimum investment on paper, and where we want to get to.

I agree with you that dreams, honesty and peace are the most important and a very good ground to start good projects. And of course lets get in touch. What is the communication channel you would like to use?

Most people are blind and afraid. There are ways for everyone to win but it wouldn't be like the topic creator's initial idea. Non-profit does not exist. It's easier to create a school then and invest in intellectual capital to prepare players who would still need to set aside percentages of their profits in case of future success. Profit for those involved will always have to happen. because time is very expensive!
I suggested the non profit legal structure because I believe it is the right one to use to be tax efficient for all the parties involved. But of course the organization has to have donations back from its beneficiaries in order to be sustainable in the long run. At the end we would operate thru efficiency this means we have to meet standards, including the ones related with income.

I have a few more questions, hope is not an issue to extend so much in this topic. What would be the stake ladder that you will recommend a career ship program candidate must follow in order to become a wining player?

What period of time will you give a career ship candidate to complete successfully each step of the stake ladder and how many buy ins should the non profit poker organization provide to each career ship candidate to be able to prove themselves?

If a candidate is not able to accomplish the ladder jump in the period of time or buy ins provided by the program. In order that the non profit poker organization can have an objective analysis of the results of each career ship candidate, what are the elements that you consider are key and also fair to take into consideration before making a decision if a candidate can get another chance or if the candidate will be removed from the program?

If a candidate achieves to make the ladder jump in the time frame or buy ins provided what type of perks would you like to receive as an extra incentive and why do you think this perks would be positive for the poker player to receive?

If a poker non profit organization existed, would you agree to sign a contract saying that when you become a winning player you will give the non profit organization a % of the earnings to pay back the career ship cost, and after this cost is covered you will give a % to the non profit organization of the earnings you generate for a X period of time in order that the non profit organization can help other players to become pro’s? If so what percentage of your future earnings will you agree to give in order to pay back the career ship? And what percentage and what period of time would you agree to give the foundation of your future earnings after you pay back the career ship cost in order to help other players that qualify for the career ship program?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Dreaming is not forbidden, the worst thing is to have nightmares, it's amazing how our imagination creates hypotheticals, I don't see the possibility of a mentor financing something at this level, but good luck and keep dreaming

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you that dreams, honesty and peace are the most important and a very good ground to start good projects. And of course lets get in touch. What is the communication channel you would like to use?
I sent private messages here on Cardschat, it looks like you read it, right? I will send you my WhatsApp privately here on Cardschat

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a few more questions, hope is not an issue to extend so much in this topic. What would be the stake ladder that you will recommend a career ship program candidate must follow in order to become a wining player?
This is not so relevant, micro stakes up to 6.60 can be profitable too, what changes is that players are better at each level. but it doesn't change much at Low either. The point is whether the candidates or "students whatever you want to call them" are winning at their level and what their profit capacity is. You can find out everything at Sharks Cope. even what type of investment to make, whether short term, long term, you can see the fluctuations, required bankroll, percentage of final tables, ITM. Another interesting question to study is: when a player wants to borrow or stake, it is a sign that he is not doing well with his money. This does not mean that he is a bad player, sometimes in a mental phase bad. So we could prepare psychological tests to see the player's needs and prepare him beforehand... I had many other ideas related to this subject

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Personally it sounds good if it's true, it's another thing. The truth is that it would be a great opportunity. I wish it were true. I know a dozen talented players who don't have enough resources to start and waste time on other things because they don't have enough time for household things.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggested the non profit legal structure because I believe it is the right one to use to be tax efficient for all the parties involved. But of course the organization has to have donations back from its beneficiaries in order to be sustainable in the long run. At the end we would operate thru efficiency this means we have to meet standards, including the ones related with income.
This point is interesting, we have to mature this idea. Two brains are better than one.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What period of time will you give a career ship candidate to complete successfully each step of the stake ladder and how many buy ins should the non profit poker organization provide to each career ship candidate to be able to prove themselves?
All of this depends on the player's ability and his characteristics, it has to be well studied. The human being is very complex. This part also depends on the investment. If the investment is very high, I recommend not making long-term bets, and even then it is a very big risk. for more experienced players. I would say that mixing bets and deadlines would be a good strategy.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a candidate is not able to accomplish the ladder jump in the period of time or buy ins provided by the program. In order that the non profit poker organization can have an objective analysis of the results of each career ship candidate, what are the elements that you consider are key and also fair to take into consideration before making a decision if a candidate can get another chance or if the candidate will be removed from the program?

Game analysis, a correction if there are a lot of leaks or even sloppiness. and if this is not the case, do the psychological preparation again. As I said previously. We could do some tests and questionnaires with hidden psychological questions. to identify the players' profile, and fix the part that is out of date before starting, I know from my own experience that mentality is very important.