Would you like a scholarship subsidy program thru a poker non profit organization?

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
A career scholarship subsidy program's purpose would be to support poker players who want to make a career in poker. It could cover your basic expenses to be able to start a professional poker career from scratch. What are your thoughts about this possibility?

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
I mean to have an organization that provides scholarship like programs to be able to become a professional poker player. If we analyze there are a lot of non sense careers being financed at this moment, that have no financial viability. At least in poker if you have the talent, dedication and good instruction, you can become a winning player.

Carvier, what do you mean?
I mean to have an organization that provides scholarship like programs to be able to become a professional poker player. If we analyze there are a lot of non sense careers being financed at this moment, that have no financial viability. At least in poker if you have the talent, dedication and good instruction, you can become a winning player.

Also wanted to ask: If a poker non profit organization existed, what test would you use to select the candidates that will have access for a career ship program package?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a nice thought but nobody is going to offer it.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why?
Educate gamblers! This makes no sense.
Teaching people to gamble responsibly is already encouraged. But the outright encouragement gambling would just be crazy.
Chase the dream responsibly.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A career scholarship subsidy program's purpose would be to support poker players who want to make a career in poker. It could cover your basic expenses to be able to start a professional poker career from scratch. What are your thoughts about this possibility?
Never heard of such a thing. It sounds quite strange. Are there organizations that are ready to spend money on keeping players. There are no guarantees that the player will be able to succeed. It looks like some kind of scam. Be careful.

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
It is a nice thought but nobody is going to offer it.
Maybe there is a possibility and that's why I am asking this questions to be able to understand the perceptions of the community and analyze the right steps to build something that many think is impossible.

Why?
Educate gamblers! This makes no sense.
Teaching people to gamble responsibly is already encouraged. But the outright encouragement gambling would just be crazy.
Chase the dream responsibly.
I consider that if you play poker as a structured professional player you are not gambling; if you learn how to manage the risk that you take in every tournament or session you will never go broke. And if you apply this to any other aspect in life your chances of being successful are exponentially bigger than if you don't have this skill. So this non profit organization will be forming better citizens for the society than a big percentage of the college careers that have a very expensive scholarship program that is already proven not to be financially viable.

Never heard of such a thing. It sounds quite strange. Are there organizations that are ready to spend money on keeping players. There are no guarantees that the player will be able to succeed. It looks like some kind of scam. Be careful.
I think that the answer is yes, there are organizations ready to invest in such a program to build professionals, and of course is not for everyone and that's why I would ask you: If a poker non profit organization existed, what test would you use to select the candidates that will have access for a career ship program package? Imagine is the equivalent of applying to a University like Harvard or MIT if you get this opportunity you can become part of a very exclusive club, so an effective admission program is required.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe there is a possibility and that's why I am asking this questions to be able to understand the perceptions of the community and analyze the right steps to build something that many think is impossible.

I consider that if you play poker as a structured professional player you are not gambling; if you learn how to manage the risk that you take in every tournament or session you will never go broke. And if you apply this to any other aspect in life your chances of being successful are exponentially bigger than if you don't have this skill. So this non profit organization will be forming better citizens for the society than a big percentage of the college careers that have a very expensive scholarship program that is already proven not to be financially viable.

I think that the answer is yes, there are organizations ready to invest in such a program to build professionals, and of course is not for everyone and that's why I would ask you: If a poker non profit organization existed, what test would you use to select the candidates that will have access for a career ship program package? Imagine is the equivalent of applying to a University like Harvard or MIT if you get this opportunity you can become part of a very exclusive club, so an effective admission program is required.

You are comparing to other professional who are not gamblers - astronomical difference.

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
You are comparing to other professional who are not gamblers - astronomical difference.
I think is a bigger gamble when you invest not only 5 years of your life plus 6 figures of future income, in a career you are not guaranteed to be successful. What I'm trying to say is that in reality we are all gambling with our life choices, maybe the poker player is more aware of this fact than the regular person that may believe that only by getting a degree he will become set for life, when at the end it only increases your chances. So being trained to become a professional poker player and manage risk can be a good option for some people that may have the right skills to be able to achieve it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This would only make poker less profitable.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A non-profit poker organization, we call it the Becking Fund, is an organization that funds players' participation in poker tournaments. The player gives away a certain share of the winnings, but gets a number of advantages: no need to risk your money, the rapid increase in bet limits, and the opportunity to learn from professional poker players for free.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It sound like a staking program but prettier. Too good to be true.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is a bigger gamble when you invest not only 5 years of your life plus 6 figures of future income, in a career you are not guaranteed to be successful. What I'm trying to say is that in reality we are all gambling with our life choices, maybe the poker player is more aware of this fact than the regular person that may believe that only by getting a degree he will become set for life, when at the end it only increases your chances. So being trained to become a professional poker player and manage risk can be a good option for some people that may have the right skills to be able to achieve it.
Right - but very very few poker players reach that level and the point I am making is nobody in their right mind is going to invest in a business like this. :)

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
This would only make poker less profitable.
I think this would only be true if the number of players coming out of the program has a very large number in order to represent a % that would impact the outcome of the results

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you talking about building a team? It would be opportune for you to have a good knowledge of the nature of poker or have some professionals to train your players to prepare them mentally and also good financial management.

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
A non-profit poker organization, we call it the Becking Fund, is an organization that funds players' participation in poker tournaments. The player gives away a certain share of the winnings, but gets a number of advantages: no need to risk your money, the rapid increase in bet limits, and the opportunity to learn from professional poker players for free.
How can I access more information about this organization?

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker staking companies 're doing that, building up average but mainly winner players giving away their knowledge to them, and the players are reaching levels where they can making the most from the game. But it's very risky to join one cause it takes most of the time your full schedule.
We (CC) also have tho staking possibility and quiet valid educational options.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Also wanted to ask: If a poker non profit organization existed, what test would you use to select the candidates that will have access for a career ship program package?
Very interesting. the intention is great. That's half the battle won! Now the structural part, goals and patience to achieve the long term are missing. Ahh and also face the risks.

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
Are you talking about building a team? It would be opportune for you to have a good knowledge of the nature of poker or have some professionals to train your players to prepare them mentally and also good financial management.
At the end a team would be created as a result of the program. And yes I agree with you that it is necessary to have good coaching to handle the selected members. This allows me to ask some additional question regarding this topic, to try to design the optimal program:

What features should a career ship program package, provide to a poker player to be able to become a professional a wining player?

For example: Minimum living expenses what should be expected to be covered?

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
Tools for the Poker career ship program let’s talk about HUD, which one would you pick and why?