Worst feelings in poker

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm interested to know what are some of the worst feelings in poker aside from the obvious bad beats and busting out. Mine is being in the BB with something like KK and everyone folding round to me!
Yeah the only worst thing is having AA and everyone folding especially when you are low stack. It seems like everyone knows what you are holding and they just spite fold

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The worst thing about poker, besides all the reasons you listed, is when the lights go out in your town because of russian missile attacks on energy facilities. Last winter I won 3 satellites in a row at Titans Events on PokerStars. I had a ticket to the final satellite - $530. There were 10 players in the final satellite and I started that tournament by doubling my chips. And then... my lights went out. I got eliminated by blinds in that tournament. :confused::poop:
Not sure anyone is going to top this...

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Not sure anyone is going to top this...
Yeah, the only reason I didn't throw my laptop out the window at that moment was that I didn't spend money on the buy-in, but went through the 3 satellites in stages. But it was still very frustrating. But there is something to remember and your topic reminded me of such an unpleasant story. ;)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the worst feeling in poker is when I got the urge to play, sat down to play and after 2 hours of playing I saw nothing but garbage hands!!!This puts me out of balance and calm and I start doing stupid things!!!

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A 3 way heads up of full houses. You having the lowest one.....

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The worst thing about poker, besides all the reasons you listed, is when the lights go out in your town because of russian missile attacks on energy facilities. Last winter I won 3 satellites in a row at Titans Events on PokerStars. I had a ticket to the final satellite - $530. There were 10 players in the final satellite and I started that tournament by doubling my chips. And then... my lights went out. I got eliminated by blinds in that tournament. :confused::poop:
I sympathise with you, I'm also from Ukraine and my electricity was cut off several times a day. The internet also didn't work or worked very badly because of that, and I lost a lot of tournaments, but it's nothing compared to what our soldiers are going through at the front....😥

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The worst feeling is losing with pocket aces and kings vs a lower pairs

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the worst feelings is making it deep in a tourney or even to the bubble and playing a bad hand and getting knocked out.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
A legrosszabb érzés, amikor veszítek egy magas párral, pedig jól játszottam, emeltem.Plussz az is rossz érzés,ha a verseny végső stádiumában esem ki.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
losing with a pair of aces is a very bad feeling for me

Amigodzzz

Amigodzzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
first of all I wanted to thank you for this topic it's a good question that you asked
Where a lot of players, even professional ones, can encounter it several times in their career.
In my opinion the worst feeling in poker is losing control of our emotion whether it's positive or negative happy with your run your hands wins and negatives with bad run and tilting this is the most dangerous feeling is losing control of your game strategy :rolleyes:

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, it's not a good feeling when you get a garbage card and you're like an observer at the poker table.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst for me is when variance is just not in my favour and it feels like Its lasting forever. My mind can start to sink in a deep hole and my confidence becomes compromised as well.

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
The worst feelings for me are the anger, frustration, anger that people have when playing or developing a hand and ending up losing it. That is why there is the term tilt, which reflects all the emotions one feels when losing one or more hands.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It used to be when I lost with a couple of AAs I felt really bad when I first started playing poker and I was very angry. I'm sitting on the big blind and I have a strong hand and everyone folds up to me. I think what the hell and when it happened a lot of times it made me a little angry but now it's a different time and we're not mad at such factors

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst feeling is sitting at 2NL and realizing you are up against payers who actually take that level seriously. Then you know that online poker is in real trouble.
what is wrong with taking 2nl seriously?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
what is wrong with taking 2nl seriously?
It's a waste of time if you do not think it's extremely entertaining. Plus if people are taking 2NL seriously what about 100NL and above - pretty much dead if you want to earn money from poker. Then I started playing online some sites had 25NL and 1/2 limit as the lowest starting level. So the development is depressing to me.

The exception is of course: 1. if you are training for LIVE games, 2. are a total beginner, or 3. live in a third-world country where a few dollars means something.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I share your feelings, I am also from Ukraine. I don't want to discuss how much grief these neighbors have brought us (it is customary to avoid using bad words on the forum), but as for the game - I understand you very well. Losing control, and not through your own fault - at least a day to recover.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the worst feeling in poker is being sure that I won the hand and at the end of the game I was eliminated from the tournament. It's very frustrating. This feeling of unexpected defeat leaves me devastated. But I soon move on and manage to recover emotionally.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Flop the world, some bingo player gets there on the river

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The worst feeling is when i hit the nuts in flop and suddenly in river becomes a nightmare

Ej: have j10 flop AKQ turn q river k

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The worst thing about poker is the tilt feeling.