Worst Bad Beat in Poker History

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nooooooooooooooooooooo haha!! .. it says: AA winning small pots and losing big pots!!

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The worst bad beat in poker history is every time it happens to me...

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst bad beat in poker history is every time it happens to me...

Haha, same story, when I am 300% sure about the win... someone beats me.Once I lost with quads to straight flush and I was really disappointed

R

RickH1983

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like how Affleck played his hand. With the flop he already could be loosing, even though he was not at that point. From the flop on, he should have been more aware that he could be loosing for a straight... AA is just the top pair, Duhammel could have 2 pairs, a set, even a diamond flush! Think about it.

A set maybe...A straight. Really? Do you get 5 bet with j8 or 68 often? A flush would have had to have been rivered. You have to remember how deep into the tournament this was. He finished in 15th. He cashed for half a mil. I think he played the hand well... almost perfect. He got unlucky it happens.

As for the outburst at the end when you play that long and go through the ups and downs I think you are allowed to be upset or pissed. I am surprised he didnt flip shit more. People get pissed over losses in small cash games. This was for millions of dollars and to end it in 15th like that just sucks.

SANDYHOOKER KY

SANDYHOOKER KY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, I don't know exactly how many hand combinations there are, but it seems like it's in the hundreds of thousands, so there should be hundreds of thousands of bad beat possibilities. A player shouldn't be too surprised then that this happened.

Brodermatt

Brodermatt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly Quad Aces vs Royal Flush! So crazy!

Ive seen Quad 9's vs Quad Queens....so mean!!

U

United

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This was one hell of a bad beat in the end.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That wasn't too bad of a beat. He had and open ended straight draw to go along with his pair of jacks.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's rough to swallow for sure and J.D is a donktard and got lucky, Matt played the hand beautifully and trapped with it, knowing what his opponent had (Close enough right), and chose not to scare him away with a massive bet preflop.

Sucks for sure but hey it's part of the game

B

Bowman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe not the right thread but Nice Job on the Aces, I'm at Jacks level.
Just noticed these icons today. Pretty cool :)

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know what is worst beat holding AA on hand and still loosing vs 99 - it happened to me near final table of one big tournament and instead of hundreds of dollars I got only a scrap... on board came A 9 Q than Q and on river 9... I nearly was crying how badly it turned out for me ... I lost 1 200 000 chips - half of my stack and suddenly I wasnt first out of 15 left but was 15th ... and in a minute later blinds were 600k ... and I ended as 12th... chipped out...

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In one tournament I lost with straight flush to royal flush - it was funny however because the guy was low stack and everyone on 9 member table went all in - he got most of chips and I get the rest.. 7 people were eliminated because they all called my re-raise all-in ... :) Before that hand I bluffed twice with nothing and they catched me in act or so called and when tried the same again they were angry and made a mistake :) Yet it was only one tournament where I ended in heads up and made a deal with one guy that we will split no matter who will wins. 400 people, 0,25 USD buy-in no chipping out - only one reward worth 100 USD :)

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, good videos :)

Tough when aces get cracked like that :)

1 outers on the river are pretty hard to take also :)

X

xunekas23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So so bad ! if i was afleck my mind blows.

C

CalBandGreat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some great one's posted ITT. My favorite is the A7 vs AK WPT hand. That guy with the A7 played so bad during the whole final table, he must be the worst played to ever win a major tournament. That was when I first started watching poker on TV and I couldn't believe how someone so bad could win a big tournament like that.

T

Talbot1975

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad beat

I have seen worst bad beats then this and it happens. I have seen quads vs. quads, that gets interesting.

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had K9 and my opp had AA. Flop:K96 and my opp goes all in, I call. Turn:10. River:10.
It was the worst bad beat in my life. Even A on the river would be OK, I would understand. But two tens crushed me.
Not big bad bead, but that was awful anyway

Even lose with quads to straight flush was easier to understand LMAO

Raving Lunatic

Raving Lunatic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW is all I can say!!! However I do have to ask how many of us would not have done the same thing. Sure if you would have all ined pre flop you would not have made that much but I could see myself trying to bait someone in.

We as poker players run in to this everyday. It will always happen someone will get lucky once in a while. I myself would have been happy with $500k.

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely rank it up there as one of the worst beats in poker history for a couple of reasons. There were pretty deep in the MAIN EVENT at this point, top 15 I believe. Also the fact that Duhamel went on to win the title that year leaves a really sick feeling in Affleck's stomach. He probably still thinks about it to this day, how much differently his life would be had he won that pot. He might even have himself convinced that he would've been the winner not Duhamel.

Although the quads A's vs Royal Flush is a very sick beat, it wasn't nearly as deep into the tournament.

You have to consider the context, not just the cards, when considering a hand as the 'worst ever'.

Definitely up there, but not worst of all time.

R

RickAversion

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the worst bad beat in the history of poker!

TimboJonez

TimboJonez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was brutal to watch, I feel bad for Affleck.

I

Izandurrrrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually feel sorry for ben and what coulda ben lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
not the worst beat. shitty for sure but he tried to trap pre flop. sometimes thats what you get.he shoulda of re shoved not smooth called. we all do it but late in tourneys i dont smooth call and chance it . called getting greety
I think he played it great. He max'd out value & got villain to make biggest possible mistake. What more can you do than that?