Will Omaha soon overtake Hold'em in popularity?

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I love the game of Omaha, but from my point of view, Hold'em will remain at the top of the pyramid, because its popularity is increasing every day.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
It will never happen, too much randomness and too many swings, in a lot of hands it almost doesnt matter what hole cards you have, can almost justify shoving 80 percent of your hands

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think this will ever happen. I like Omaha, but I still like the game of Hold'em better!!!

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me I don't think it is possible, it is very noticeable in the number of players in the tournaments. Omaha's is much smaller.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont believe that . I think is more common
that some years ago but nl hdem still the most played

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Friends, in my opinion, Omaha has already surpassed Holdem in many respects... I also observe that many famous streamers have started playing Omaha... And what do you think?

I really found it interesting to play Omaha, I think it's more exciting, but it will still be difficult to beat hold em for at least the next 2 years, unless the sites constantly implement new tournaments with high prize pools

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Omaha is a fun and exciting game increasing in popularity, but I don't believe Omaha will ever overtake NL, even in the next 50 years.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I like the way you think.. any other game has already overtaken holdem long ago for me, there are so many interesting games that a steady diet of one game is so boring. I think most people are creatures of habit and don't like to try new games but it would be awesome if there were more Omaha games👍...

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
In my opinion not, because Omaha is becoming or more fish players are playing, nucho limper now plays Omaha and what to say if it is a tournament with bounty, there are some players who enter the hand. That's the bad thing about Omaha in my opinion.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I only like Omaha h/l in the game HORSE, not an easy game to play.
Hold'em is much easier and that is probably why everyone prefers it.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Omaha has its fans and can be popular in certain circles. However, Holdem is currently the most popular variant of poker in the world.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you're overstating people's desire to play Omaha. Texas Hold'em has probably been and will be the top poker game as long as it is. Why, would you say? Because first of all, it is the least dispersive game of all types of poker. It is also the most popular in the poker community. Judging by my experience, playing only Omaha all the time, I still want to return to Hold'em and play there after a while, and on the contrary, if you only play Hold'em after playing Omaha, you don't want to change anything.

C

Chabita03

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it can be more entertaining i dont think it will ever overtake Hold`em.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think that Omaha can overtake hold’em in popularity, because absolutely all poker players know about hold’em, and some don’t even know about Omaha after several years in the game, so I don’t see any danger.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Omaha will never become more popular than Hold'em. Omaha is a very interesting game, but in poker there is such a thing as variance, and in Omaha it is much higher than in Hold'em. If a player does not have the patience to wait for the variance to level out, then it is better for him not to play Omaha. These two types of poker are completely different. The tactics of the game, the range of starting hands, the playing of hands on the flop and many other factors are completely different in Omaha from Hold'em. Hold'em is a classic and I think it will remain so forever.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing poker for 20 years and I think Omaha will never beat Holdem, you can see it in the numbers. Holdem tournaments have the highest number of registrations.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is popular but not as Holdem, Holdem is like the NBA of all poker games, that's because the dynamic is more complex than all other card games that involves high level skill, well in my opinion at least!

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friends, in my opinion, Omaha has already surpassed Holdem in many respects... I also observe that many famous streamers have started playing Omaha... And what do you think?
I might be wrong, but I believe is hard achieving it.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I dont think so ...because in omaha there are 4 cards and almost every hand is a gamble ...in holdem you can figured in close range the opponent hand ...:)