Will Omaha soon overtake Hold'em in popularity?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Friends, in my opinion, Omaha has already surpassed Holdem in many respects... I also observe that many famous streamers have started playing Omaha... And what do you think?

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm surprised it hasn't. i've never seen the fascination for hold 'em. When I started playing back in the seventies it was unheard of here. The only game in town was seven card stud with a tiny bit of five card stud.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I love Omaha, but I think I'm finding it very difficult to beat Holdem for now.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
PLO has been the game of the future... for at least 25 years!

It's too many cards for most people. Holdem is almost solved HU and people still prefer it because it is so simple.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Enjoy both, but I have seen nothing to indicate that while Omaha is 2nd in popularity to Holdem, they are not even remotely close in number of participants.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think Omaha will ever overtake NL, it is a lot harder to master and the swings are so ridiculous unless
you use bankroll management you will go broke. Omaha is a great game but not for the majority of poker players.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Omaha will not overtake Hold'em in popularity how many years it takes to achieve this result, I think a lot because Hold'em is very popular and no matter how many players switch to Omaha, all old players will play and love Hold'em, I only play it so I think there are a lot of such players

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I don't believe Omaha will ever take over Hold'em's spot. It is too popular and is consider the "Cadillac of Pokers" to quote a legend.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think Omaha will overtake Hold'em, but Omaha is increasing in popularity, poker is growing in general.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t think that at all there is a scenario after which Omaha will surpass NL in popularity. For nl everything - recognition, excitement, the largest prize etc.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't know if it will overtake holdem to be honest. While Omaha is a really fun and exciting game it's also got a really high variance than many people won't like as well. The one time I played it live, every pot was in the several hundred Doller range and way to many all ins. I think that aspect of the game will keep the recreation players away. They will be just to scared to lose too much too fast.

Lego Best

Lego Best

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I don’t think that Omaha will be able to overtake Hold’em in the near future or even come close to it in popularity, the main argument is that a simple offender who has nothing to do with poker will always be closer to Hold’em than Omaha, again because of its popularity.

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No way. Omaha is the type of game that gambling players like to play, always playing with the hope of a miracle.

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Even though I do like playing Omaha, I do not think it will ever surpass the popularity of Hold'em.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't see one better than the other. They are two fun games and both will always have their place. But I think it's difficult for Ohama to surpass Holdem because big players will always prefer Holdem because it's more predictable. Lower level players have more chances at Ohama due to the variance. Therefore, the system will always support Holdem.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Friends, in my opinion, Omaha has already surpassed Holdem in many respects... I also observe that many famous streamers have started playing Omaha... And what do you think?
Omaha has not surpassed Hold'em in terms of traffic, and I think it never will. Hold'em is the simplest of the poker varieties and therefore will always be the most popular.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that Omaha has its peculiarities but it doesn't surpass Holden in popularity, as there are more players who play this model.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That will never happen.While NL Holdem is easy to play, Omaha is very unpredictable

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Omaha is fun to play, but I only go there when there is no Holdem worth playing going on. An unpredictable game played by unpredictable players that do not understand the game and try to play it like Holdem. It will never surpass IMO.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not as player friendly and NL, its much harder for new players to pick up.

The variance is higher and beginners will tend to go broke faster playing PLO than NL.