Why are so many people who play poker so frustrated?

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Because they loose too much and have a goal to succed as a poker player. If you play it as a hobbie and start loosing, there's not much impact on your frustration.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
because they quickly want to hit the jackpot, but instead they only lose. and they don't want to think and learn, and throw all the blame on the random number generator, not on themselves.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what the poker player's goals are: to play for fun or to make money from poker. In the first case, I don't think many players are frustrated, as they don't set any high expectations from the game. In the second case - yes, there are a lot of frustrated players, because poker is played by millions of people, and win dozens of people. Just like the lottery, for example. :unsure:

G

Goldenbeardy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Everybody wants to be a professional poker player, but nobody wants to lose any money.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
More people lose than win, this can be very frustrating. Nobody enjoys being a loser.

Miyagi not miyaji

Miyagi not miyaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
As obvious as it sounds, losing money ain't fun.

So, if you're having a bad session, poker is not a fun game to play

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Because they want to hit the million so quickly and they star plating with out goals ,strategies and good play , So they start losing and losing again, This is why so many people who play poker so frustrated .

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Because they either suck at playing and blame it on rigged sites or cheating, are in a downward spiral or I guess they bring private stuff onto the table

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am very frustrated when I make mistakes, being convinced from the beginning that I am not doing well. I always end up at odds between logic and everything else.
Making the same mistakes over and over again is very frustrating, especially if you're also losing some pennies.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you play for money, you have to be ready for disappointment. Because only a few players win big money.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Gamblers who lose, not poker players

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because very few players constantly win and a large number of players constantly lose money.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
because they do not have enough mental strength to be persistent in the game, nor the discipline to make long-term plans, since in the short term nothing will be achieved, and they do not understand that the variance sometimes when one is starting out plays many times. a devastating role that often makes those who are new to the game leave it precisely for that reason

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a lot of people get frustrated because they think they are playing correctly, when they are not.

So they expect what they believe to be rationale play to work and become frustrated when it does not.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think people only get frustrated with poker because they have high hopes that they are going to win an easy money playing poker and that's definitely not true. Of course when you start, it's ok to have high hopes because you don't know much about the game. But after a few months, every player know that is not easy to be a profitable player, specially in higher stakes.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In a tourney there is only one winner, the rest of hundreds or thousands players gets busted. And getting busted is frustrating...

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Millions are playing and there is only one winner, which is why there are so many disappointments, but that moment of winning the tournament is priceless.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because you play 20 tournament and cash 2 or 3

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The financial pressure of losing money... o_O

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
because those who play with the intention of becoming professional, play to win, and nowadays, gaming houses are stealing a lot and making good players have bad results,

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
People tend not to regulate expectations

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level