Why are so many people who play poker so frustrated?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's simple - they don't like to lose money,,, to me

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
....... because many people play bingo instead of poker. Disappointment is a consequence of a lack of bankroll management, discipline and patience. Luck is of course also important, but luck is not the only factor that determines your progress as a player. In order not to feel disappointed, just try not to play with junk :)

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
people who are frustrated are people only looking for big profits and not enjoying the game IMO

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe because only one player can win a tournament. Everyone else can be named a looser.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, there are a lot of poker players and everyone wants to win and earn big money and they want it very easily, but it's easy not to do it, and many people don't watch it, they go to play big, then they lose after which people get angry and so many players and everyone wants to win so if you lose, don't be mad

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Because you've got to be patient. Many just slam all in the moment they have 2 high cards.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Because most people are not professionals, they play as a pastime, it's their hobby.
Anyone who has a regular job, family, and life cannot necessarily rule out their successes/failures in other areas of life while playing poker. I have also sat down to play when I was stressed due to other areas of life (e.g. work). But frustration can come from many other things.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker requires dedication, to study and grind, but people are not willing and that's why they get frustrated!

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Because a lot of people overestimate their abilities in this game. Using my example, I can say that when I started playing I thought it was very easy and simple. And as it turned out, it is almost impossible to achieve success in poker without knowledge and practice. I also heard that, according to statistics, only about 30 percent of players play plus money.

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Because in all tournaments only 15% - 20% of people enter the payouts, imagine the other 80% lose their money! poker is for those who endure it and have patience and get used to losing and winning

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Because they're losing and they can't understand it. Their expectations are too high and any failure only negatively affects them.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Poker can be frustrating due to its inherent uncertainty and the influence of luck. Skill is important, but outcomes are not always within a player's control, leading to frustration when unfavorable results occur despite strategic play. Additionally, the pressure to manage emotions and make optimal decisions under uncertainty can contribute to frustration in poker players.