Why Are So Many Against Showing Their Cards?

R

richard tarr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with this 100 % you can use it as a weapon when ure depper in the blinds

N

nur_8797

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually in this kind of situation i'm showing my cards only when i got the best position and showing only one of them, sometimes depends on my stack, usually players show cards all everytime when they got this kinda situation, cos they'r proud of some blufff they made or some big hand they had. All u'r doing when u show ur cards is giving ur opponents free information. You're telling them that they made a good lay down or that you're capable of bluffing big with air. The more ur opponents know about ur play the better they can play against u next time. If ur opponents want to see ur cards, make them pay to see a showdown by getting more...

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will only show my 7-2, unsuited! Win or lose. :D

Got to love this! Hahahaaha!

Sometimes I will show if I have a Royal or Straight Flush draw!

Most of the time it is Muck City! :)

W

wabbitfry18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually set to "auto muck" because

I like playing tournaments, if I am at the tournament table with the SAME 9 players for an hour, and I show them 4 hands that I could of auto mucked, it might not be that big of a deal!!! If 5 of the players are at my tables for many hours and see 14 of my hands that I could of mucked, it might become a big edge for them, so I automuck!!!~!!!

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahha , poker and a set of information ... curious OS lose money SO ...

never show anything ... it makes no sense

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rarely show but will for specific reason hoping it buys my a hand down the road.

vali246

vali246

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes when i make a successful bluff i will show my cards,but not very often because you give away information

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can do it strategically. For instance, if you have a reputation as a very tight player who only plays premium hands, then when you get a big hand and win, showing what you have only reinforces what other people already think of you. That might help you down the road pull off a bluff.

I don't think it is a big deal one way or the other. I think most players way overestimate their ability to "read" their opponents.

J

jimjjamj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no show

i don't want to give an opponent any insight to my play.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My grandfather taught me to play and he would return to haunt me if I showed my cards.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I even saw Daniel Negraneau show his pocket Aces the other night on the wsop Main Event coverage.

T

ThanJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never Show

I have to disagree with showing cards. Some people argue that it may be beneficial to show a bluff to a tilting player or to show a solid hand to build a table image. But good players will be able to remember a lot of information about the hand that was played ASIDE from your cards which could come back to haunt you in the future. Additionally, the tilted player may be equally as thrown off emotionally if he doesn't get to see your cards.

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like showing in a few places just to give a different image. But i dont do it that often.

Alexeyss

Alexeyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only show my cards when I have promised to do so. But to be honest, this almost never happens, in fact I rarely show my cards. Only to friends in a game for fun. It reveals a lot about your strategy, that why I dont do it.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of information , therefore the less information my opponents have is good for me ! I think 99.9% of the time there is no reason to show your opponent your cards unless he has paid to see them .

SteelyDanFan

SteelyDanFan

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing a bluff to win a big pot is one of the most exhilarating moments in poker. People who say they never do it are either lying or missing out on one of the best adrenaline rushes you will EVER get at the tables. Also, nothing can put someone on tilt quicker than showing them they lost by laying down the best hand.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will be giving a lot of information of your game showing the cards.

O

oshriam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because you give too much information... but sometimes it's can change pepole minds by showing your hand while you had a bluff for example... can get your oppnent on tilt and then he can do some bad mistakes etc

H

hammersc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
uhmm , because I think that poker is that brindes the least information to your oponete ( s ) , so I learned that you should not msotrar your cards , since the show are seeing with which you fold that hand fails, or afraid to go , you should not show your letter

B

Bazslazs93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because if you show then you give up yourself, not a good step. just be mystical then you have a chance to be unreadable. i guess.. Dont neccessary the other players know your playstyle or cards. thats my opinion

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I never show my cards, as people have said you don't want to give villain any info on how you are playing. Why would anyone give their opponent a free note on yourself.

If you want to know if I am bluffing, then call.

Some people tilt over anything, and not showing can also tilt them.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it shows to opponents your strategy and playing style, so pay and see my cards

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have the question wrong. It should be, "Why would anyone ever show?". It slows down the game. Online the player pool is big enough that you're unlikely to see many of the players again. And it gives the Villian (you) information about how you play for free. The next time when you wonder if your middle pair is good you'll know you have to call to find out.

escurimX

escurimX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
by looking at your cards the villain will know when he will be bluffing or when you have a good hand. Never show your cards at the end of a lost hand !!!

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite often I see a guy saying "Will you show if I fold?" and it's always followed up with a No. A lot of people playing online poker simply set their cards to auto-muck and never show, even when asked.

What the hell? Why are people so against showing their cards now and then? What's so bad about it that people are against it so much?

I often show if i have the cards that will give them the information that i want them to receive. If i bluf and i want them to know that i often do so, i can show them the cards and it is a good way to put them on tilt too!