Why do you play poker?

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, I play poker for the money. But I also like poker as a game where you have to constantly think and make decisions.

Y

YoloASAP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do I play poker?

I personally play poker, to make a living. I have grinded a long time to get where I am today. I have studied the game, different strategies, the math, etc... Online poker is a different style than playing Live. I play online poker to literally make an income. I started playing poker for an income a little over 1 year ago. It's been a great decision for me. I make more than I would if I was working a full time job somewhere around here. I wouldn't recommend just anyone to quit their jobs and start playing poker for a living. It took A LOT of dedication, I play for hours per day. Sometimes as many hours as I would, if I was working a 9-5 job. I also have studied for hours and hours and hours, read many books, lots of practice. A lot of my studying was done online.

Anyways, in short, I play poker as a profession. I don't play to make a million dollars overnight. To play poker professionally, as a main source of income, it takes time. Set goals, manage a bank-roll appropriately, lots of things to do this successfully.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is primarily a hobby in my free time. It is much better than just stupidly watching TV or getting drunk in the company of friends. In addition, a hobby that sometimes brings money!

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because, like chess, it’s a challenge, competition,

schwede777

schwede777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing cardgames since I was a 7 year old kid. Starting of with "Memory" to Romme, Bridge, Canaster it didn't take long to Schafkopf, Doppelkopf and Skat. So Poker has been the logic consequence. At least I like a lot of different cardgames but with poker it's often more easy to get a game started since it's that popular and of course at the internet.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And good luck to you, I'll be happy to meet you at the poker table

Thanks!!

You will enjoy playing the games on this forum, the guys here play very well. I'm already playing.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, I like poker. And the rest is no longer important.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To get some extra money and to have fun.

M

Minikiwi9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this question and think it's important for people to know why they are doing whatever they are doing in life.

I enjoy the game of poker and working on solving it as a puzzle. Where players all over are always improving it is imperative you do the or else you will get beat. So that is my main reason for playing is to try and beat the game.

Beating the game results in earning money, which, of course is amazing. Earning money is a great feeling especially (IMO) after doing lots of study and work to get you to that point.

The last reason I play poker is for the community, though it may look like an individual game it requires others to learn and grow. I have learned from plenty, and continue to do so, and I in turn plan to help grow a community of players that enjoy finding more edges to the game as it continues to get tougher. :cool:

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play when I'm at a loose end to relieve boredom. I don't have the levels of concentation for long games so I avoid tournaments. Still get a buzz from winning at micro stakes cash tables

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for the love of the game. I play mostly in the winter time as I am a outdoorsman so I don't have much time in the summer. I am very competitive and love playing in tournaments. I learn more and more about the game the more I play, and now being more involved in sites like CC! I get satisfaction out of knowing I played the best I could, knowing that I made rational decisions that allowed me to make a couple of dollars or earn some points in a competition. I do not consider myself a very good player but I enjoy the moments when I face a very good player and take them out.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a simple answer is i love to gamble golf, tennis, bowling and poker. you might say i am a gambling fool been doing since i was 14, I am now 74 and wont be slowing down anytime soon. still work 40 hours a week, play and enjoy life. but i have to work because i love to gamble i didnt say i was a good gambler lol

Last edited:
FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because, I love this game and to win some money.

Last edited:
M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love for the gamut of emotions that can be obtained in game on poker tables

Lutring87

Lutring87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always liked to play cards ... especially the more modern multi-limit, no limit texax holdem.
Strategic and playful tactics keep me busy and I love to win :)

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker brings pleasure while you play, as soon as you fly out of the tournament introspection and reasoning begin, and why I played this way and not otherwise. Poker is your world, the main thing is not to play too much and start losing money like a donkey.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don’t play poker for fun. I play only with the hope that someday I will be lucky for the big.

D

DamocValentin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for fun and also i wish that someday i will get better and maybe i will win some consistent money

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m gonna say it now that I believe that poker is helping you in different situation that you can find every single day, outside the game.
But it s a pleasure for me to play. I love the game. And yea, if some $$$ are coming, is even much better.

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played for fun when I started after I became a professional dealer and paid for my studies with this job and today I started playing for fun again, but it seems that the stress is greater ... I no longer have the same emotional structure as before to concentrate and not get lost for a bad or not to cling to bad hands as a newbie

S

Skema07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It like that many times is a mind game, you do not have the book but bluffing and you raise, somehow show the character of ...

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play because its a hobby and if I make money from it so much the better.:):):)

A

AdiGospo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this moment poker is my partener to go forword to my hobby :D!

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because poker is an intellectual and interesting game, and of course with a good and successful game you can earn

N

nicolaskcs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like different games, I like it even more if I can make money from them:p