Why Do You Play Poker?

qRock

qRock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a great entertainment with the ability to win money. Few things give as much emotion as a game at the final table in a big tournament.

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for the love of the game, the money is just a bonus.

Warriorasf

Warriorasf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I like it is a game that every time I play I can learn something new.

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha

Wow , compared to that every bad beat in poker feels like heaven I guess.

Thanks for the response :) Im just grateful to be alive. Definitely puts a little padding on the heart, the bad beats :p

Poker has truly been a great way to just pass the time as well. I've been in the hospital for 22 days now and im definitely going stir crazy

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great point

Because I like it is a game that every time I play I can learn something new.

That's a great point. I've been playing for 15 years and I feel like im constantly learning. That is one of the huge reasons why i've taken to these forums so much. There is a ton of knowledge out there and we only know what we know. To hear different strategies from different players.... asking what they would do in specific spots. Its super beneficial and can really help you elevate your play.

Enjoy that feeling and remind yourself constantly you can only get better. Never get comfortable and think " wow I really got it figured out " The poker Gods will come running to put you back into place :)

drunkalien

drunkalien

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a great point. I've been playing for 15 years and I feel like im constantly learning. That is one of the huge reasons why i've taken to these forums so much. There is a ton of knowledge out there and we only know what we know. To hear different strategies from different players.... asking what they would do in specific spots. Its super beneficial and can really help you elevate your play.

Enjoy that feeling and remind yourself constantly you can only get better. Never get comfortable and think " wow I really got it figured out " The poker Gods will come running to put you back into place :)

Here's the thing... as far as I'm concerned, Poker is a mind game. My mantra in life is to try and learn something new every day and with poker you can never learn enough, nor stop learning this game. Its a fresh game every time, rarely do the same things happen twice, it's unpredictable, it's mind blowing and it's quite fun to put my books I've read on body language studies to the test and watch the unpredictable become predictable with taunts, goads, reads and stomps. Levels of aggression when tense-filled moments happen, the rush... it's all there. Where else can you possibly get something close to a heartbeat thump like nascar racing or downhill ski racing without having to leave your seat?

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting and addictive game! And a great chance to earn some extra money. or you can get together with your friends — to relax, have fun and chatting about playing poker. The game makes us more patient and reasonable. It develops memory and mental abilities. and she is very unusual and beautiful !!!:icon_king:icon_king:icon_king

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play because I want to get rich

It is just a dream to get rich the easy way so I can travel first class wherever I want to.
But I would also really like to help my children with their finances.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is just a dream to get rich the easy way so I can travel first class wherever I want to.

By the way, well then you wrote about your dream.
You do not know this, but I am your son, so when you get rich, write to me ...)))

P

Pocemon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, personally, I play poker because it's my hobby. And I make this though not a lot yet, but at least something) It's better than sitting at home playing computer games and not bring any income from entertainment:) But this is purely my opinion

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like excitement and the chance to earn

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to have fun within a unique mental/psychological competition. Part of that competition is the cash prizes for us to potentially earn if our strategy/skill and good luck align just right.

I don't play just for the money I might win, but without such cash prizes up for grabs, the whole dynamic of the game would change and my enthusiasm and interest in the game might wane as a result. The prize pools are like the special spices added at the end; they don't make a meal on their own, but you certainly can't have a decent meal without them either.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Game I love this sport just is fascinating in all its facets as each day with study and practice you improve control over the game and you realize when you master your opponents until you find someone better and you put more effort to be better and besides it is hobby that pays for itself ....

I

identifyuser

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I play poker

I play to cleanse myself of mental violence.:D

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Firstable I started poker as a game turned it to a hobby now it's just an addiction. I play poker for the opportunity to win big and get rid of my slave job.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Someone has stopped to think about why they play poker, what the answer is and what poker has contributed to their lives.
Think about it and reflect and interact with the post.

Why do I play poker? I play it to pass some time and it is a good hobby to have. Lately I only play the freerolls to try and build a bankroll. I like the challenge of poker. It is always changing game. You never get the same flop with the same whole cards in holdem. There is always something new to learn in the game.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker and sports betting are my hobbies, I play for fun and only when i am in the mood

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker to make money, otherwise it would be pointless.

S

schwarz64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

So if you're rich does not forget, I could be your son. Joking aside, it would be nice to win a lot of money, but I think that is not so easy when you play only freerolls and never einzahlst.

:top:

Daymo90

Daymo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really enjoy playing poker, and at the moment it is just a hobby until I can build a nice bankroll and see where it goes from there. I never put myself in a position were I feel I HAVE to win in order to not be down financially.

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me is a hobby, passes time and is interesting and is a challenge. I am retired and have a lot of free time on my hands. My buy ins are usually small and I like to see how far I can get in an MTT or a SNG. Sometimes I do pretty good, sometimes pretty bad. But that is ok. I spend about $50 a week on the game, that is my entertainment budget.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play poker cause for me it's a lot of fun and I enjoy the sessions .. Also I like trying to learn new strategies/ways to play and become better , and ofcourse make as much money as possible :)

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I play poker

The first reason I play poker is because it distracts me from thinking negatively. Secondly, It's like exercise to my brain and lastly, I would like to make money from playing poker. Oh and also it is fun.