Why Do You Play Poker?

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I like competition, I like to play cards and I like to risk and play for money. Only then is playing seriously. I will add that this is an exciting game that requires a lot of thinking and analysis

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is an interesting game, trains the brain, almost like chess :)

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that for its great advantages and benefits, its use of logic and all that, but I think the main reason why I play is because of the sense of risk and adrenaline that I have to bet and compete

S

samanista

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MY
Chips
I plat mainly because poker is specially challenging brain excercise and training. We must focus on everyhing that influences ourconcentration, state of mind and emotional control. This way we are forced to identify all the factors, and learn to eliminate all the causes that are affecting our state of mind, emotions, ideas and reactions in undesired ways. This way we build our mind discipline very efficiently. Also poker is a game that requires really advanced logical analytics of every single moment, situation and forming of our tactical plans for next moves. This is a great way to train your brain performance and also makes you repeatedly exercise fundamental principles of thinking process which is the principle utilized not only in other demanding tasks like maths, programming, designing, problem solving etc., but in general these practices are subconciously applied in the most humble everyday life situations, thus effectively making our life better because we are improving our most basic logic and decision making affecting our deeds every minute.

The motivating factor for this benefiting poker effects is for me the competition of other players, that drives me to improve and exercise my best effort to beat them.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like this game. And i can get some cash have playing my favourite game. I hope poker will be my work xD

T

The Driller

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's gonna be something amazing for me, if I win 10% of my looses.
The much you loose, the much you stick in this game un-controlling yourself while you're playing, to stop after a nice win and be satisfied for today.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play just for fun. Never intend to try and make really money.

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone has stopped to think about why they play poker, what the answer is and what poker has contributed to their lives.
Think about it and reflect and interact with the post.

I play for fun, I don't even care about the money, I used to be very competitive about it but now I am at a point in my life that I can sit and just play the game to play the game with out expectations which takes a lot of pressure off my shoulders

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many reasons! I feel that it's a really fun game that provides another source of income. There are so many different strategies and angles you can play and you are always learning from it.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I feel like my ancestors played poker. Poker has always been a part of my life, I like all aspects about playing, there are so many emotions and thought that go with the game. I like the adrenalin roller coaster and the possibility I could become pretty wealthy from it.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because i love the Game of Poker .

S

Suprymo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone has stopped to think about why they play poker, what the answer is and what poker has contributed to their lives.
Think about it and reflect and interact with the post.

I love reading people, i love when observation starting to pay off, and absolute control upon player takes place. Money is only secondary place, its the process itself makes me satisfy. Villains for life..Whop whoop!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part addiction, (Tho it doesnt cost me outside my budget) love of the game. Its funny, I had to ask my self this question this week. I used to be a better player I think. Im trying to play one game at a time this week, and find out WHY I really play 12 hours a day.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question!!!!
Fun and money
Besides it i think the challenge to win is obvious :)

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm shooting my shot to become a semi-pro and or pro someday.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As why play, the answer is simple money money money!

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is one of the few hobbies where I can have fun and make some beer money. All the other hobbies I've pursued end up costing me a lot of money (cars and winter sports).

S

sirgobbles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have already been fortunate enough to have a few big wins and just waiting for the next one ��

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i love it. its like chess, it keeps my mind thinking about whats next...

T

TossUpKing

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The atmosphere. I can talk in a poker-setting way more casually than another setting. The recognition; the power that comes with being a good player. The respect. The fun, obviously, of testing your skills vs others. To me, it's a really big part of my life and a learning experience. Life ties together in so many ways.. poker, to me, was a calling to my destiny. Not so much a choice.. some things in life are meant to be, I'm just meant to play poker! One day It will bring a smile to my face to say, I faced my adversaries and my obstacles and still overcame and achieved a lifetime of goals in poker and life as well! .. I've learned a lot about myself through poker.. I've learned about greed, fear, motives.. so much more! I don't think it's really what you choose in life but how you choose to do it...!!

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I play poker

I started playing poker at about 15. I believe the allure at that point was money and fame.

NOW - I had a life changing car accident January 8th. I'm writing this and playing a lot more poker because well quite frankly, what else am I going to do? Tomorrow will be just one day shy of three weeks being hospitalized with no target date on when I can get out of here and work on rehabilitation on my own.

Attached three fun pictures. This is the laundry list of injuries sustained on impact. Other driver was uninjured beside a sprained knee :p

Head to toe - Broken nose, Busted lip ( 2 stitches ) , Cracked sternum. 6 Cracked ribs, Punctured lung ( a needle decompression was used on the opposite lung in order to relieve pressure so I could breathe, Fractured right hand basically where you karate chop people that fifth metacarpal is out of place, 13 stitches just under my knee ( awaiting results of xray performed today )....

The real monster injury is in my right leg / ankle. It took them 25 minutes to extricate me and I was in and out of consciousness still at this point. The engine block had caved in and pinned my leg. Have about 20% bone loss and removal of my tibia. Fibula is mangled at the bottom as well as my heel / ankle have been blown out.

So - have fun out there and be safe. Always wear your seatbelt and obey the speed limit friends :)

Travis
BCP-horseshoebhole

Attachments

• mangled ankle.jpg
    mangled ankle.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 21
  • niece and uncle.JPG
    niece and uncle.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 21
  • vehicles.jpg
    vehicles.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 21
rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is correct to play poker as a game, setting a goal to play and get emotions as a result, then the result - to win money should come by itself.

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just love to play it. It is a thrill an i have won 1000$

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts