Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gerg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mainly A and C, I play for the enjoyment of getting money, and unlike every other sport or game, if you loose in poker, you loose and get nothing for it.

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun. It's a good possiblity to clear my mind and it's different to my daily business.

L

leandr0s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you play poker?

is it because you like the mentalities of the game or because you believe you can beat it and so make money out of it. were you motivated by seeing big winners' game or rewards? Moneymaker effect has made wsop main event so popular because the average joe believes they can make millions just by being fortunate. poker became popular because it is not fair to begin with. thats why so many donks play poker and not chess. because in chess you dont get the joy of beating a better player. in poker theres this delusion often enough to attract bad players in the game so they can come again and again to lose more and more. and it is the motives that make a losing player i believe. if you see poker as a means to an end your end being money and financial stability then you miss the point. you should play poker because you like the thought. i like playing poker even with fake money, even though i know its not real poker because you dont care that much for fake money. but i am a very competitive person so i want to win even if the reward is just a chance to boast at my friends. but i play with fake money only with friends live, cause online fake money means donkings and absolutely no poker thought. but yeah you see my point. whats your reasons for playing? are they the same from when you got into the game? how do you view the idea of going pro (if you get the skills of course)? would you like to play poker to make the same money than in another job?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is it because you like the mentalities of the game or because you believe you can beat it and so make money out of it. were you motivated by seeing big winners' game or rewards? Moneymaker effect has made wsop main event so popular because the average joe believes they can make millions just by being fortunate. poker became popular because it is not fair to begin with. thats why so many donks play poker and not chess. because in chess you dont get the joy of beating a better player. in poker theres this delusion often enough to attract bad players in the game so they can come again and again to lose more and more. and it is the motives that make a losing player i believe. if you see poker as a means to an end your end being money and financial stability then you miss the point. you should play poker because you like the thought. i like playing poker even with fake money, even though i know its not real poker because you dont care that much for fake money. but i am a very competitive person so i want to win even if the reward is just a chance to boast at my friends. but i play with fake money only with friends live, cause online fake money means donkings and absolutely no poker thought. but yeah you see my point. whats your reasons for playing? are they the same from when you got into the game? how do you view the idea of going pro (if you get the skills of course)? would you like to play poker to make the same money than in another job?

It fun and challenging to play poker. The money is good but, I'm really starting to like poker leagues with a 3-4 month leaderboard . It shows how well you played over a certain period of time instead of just 1 game. I think this is a trend that could really catch fire.

Lourivaldo

Lourivaldo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself between a mixture of both . The game is really fascinating to play and make money from it makes it even more attractive. I'm still learning how to play but I'm already very competitive and play with real money makes the game even more exciting .

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't tell you why. Maybe because of poker spell.

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I enjoy strategy games and its a profitable for me.

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also enjoy strategy games, and I like card games, in general. Really, I enjoy every aspect of cards and games--not just playing them, but also the history and mystery of them. I originally got into poker after trying to master every patience game from an old book, stumbling across gin rummy, and then reading about Stu Ungar. A big reason why I play has to do with the people. Poker is a powerful game, in many ways, but especially in that it is played by such a wide array of people from every walk of life. There are so many games that I like to play, but poker is the only one that everyone else would like to play, too. My favorite type of card games are patience games, and poker is kind of the ultimate patience game. Good patience games seamlessly integrate skill and variance, much like poker. But, unlike patience games, poker is community-oriented and involves a level of interaction and influence beyond that of any game that I have played.

SerbiaGrinding

SerbiaGrinding

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe i can beat the game and coupled with it being a people's game makes it just that much more fun. It's a nice hobby overall if you're not a degenerate gambler.

W

WaxDabMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it's FUN!... Sometimes! lol ;) It's competition, it's gambling, what more could you want?? :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because I like monies.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Because I'm a philanthropist.

:top:

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
competition, fun and build a strong mindset, money only is marginal
but i prefer live games

wetmoose

wetmoose

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cuz I m mental, mentally challenged. that s not it. I like the challenges it s cheap entertainment far better than watching the pablum that's feed to us thru the idiot box

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly like multitabling MTTs on-line.
To which it helps me unwind and relax more than ring games.

Poker has always been about entertainment for me, never thou th t about money apart from managing the bankroll.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I play card games all my life and when I found poker I know it's game for me and of course it's fan.

M

MASURON2KE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because i love to lose money

N

nickisgeek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it is a source of dopamine. When people win something unexcpected, they feel burst of joy - thus dopamine works. It is that simple. Hormons...

C

caspi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love you cards game.Poker is the best.Funny game

Omar Kassas

Omar Kassas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol in first time i loose two thousand euro on omaha in 888poker then i start playing in pokerstars sitngo and mtt tournaments then i loose another 1500 euro i am almost down 3500 4000 euro, but i don't care money is not very important health and life is :)

N

nayesebi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wellllll....I really like the psychology of people,their reactions in different situations and everything linked to human behaviour .
Now in my opinion ,poker can be a game of body reading . So ..that's why I like poker .And let's not forget about the money . If there is any motivation for most of the people on earth , money is that motivation .:cool:

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because it´s the best and fun way to spend free time!

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think poker is interesting game of competition I want to proofe myself Im good in game ,and I always like especialy when I don't have cards but I win the hand.....

Zia

Zia

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. I have a competitive nature.
2. I have an analytical mind that needs exercise which poker provides.
3. I enjoy the family/community aspect of much of online poker both US domestic and abroad
4. I'm good enough to be able to play with other people's money
5. I like to have fun.
6. Winning is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.