Why The Average Person Can't Win In Poker?

J

Jlo111888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fear i think they do not want to take risks at all to bet :confused:

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear many times that an average person can not win at poker in the long run. Why?

It depends on what kind of player and what level of play. If a player plays well at a distance, he will be in the black.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't agree, we can all win at poker.
What will depend on your winnings is how much time you have to play, how much you want to invest in tournaments, if you study.
If you are patient in tournaments, do not go in any hand ... because for me the most complicated thing is to be patient, sometimes anxiety catches me and then I fail.
Plus any player can do well in a tournament.
I already won a live tournament and I had a lot of experience, I counted on luck, but everything is possible.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree, anyone can win at poker, especially beginners and those who know how to masterfully bluff are lucky.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the average person can win the game but the problem is the average person does not study the game. Poker is an ever changing game. If you dont learn and evolve as the game changes you will be left behind. Mike Sexton said it best, No Limit holdem, Takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. If a player plays just for entertainment, there is nothinbg wrong with that...But against folks who have played for years and have devoted time to study, may not have a chance.

Lastly, what is an average person?

Cheers!