Who do you think is the most annoying player to watch on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mbranham

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant stand to watch hellmuth,he's a crybaby.
i don't care to watch anyone that whines every
time a hand doesn't go their way.

golan

golan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hellmuth i want to slug him in the mouth he is such an idiot. I cant understand why they let him talk to them like that
peace

Agile Beauce

Agile Beauce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Mouth by a long shot. Phil might be a good player, but more people would think better of him if he didn't cry and whine all the time. It gets old very fast. No matter how good you play your cards, there are times when you are going to get caught by a bad beat on the river. If you are going to play, learn to live with it. I have seen others take a bad beat and when interviewed afterwards, they say "I'm real happy with the way I played" and not cry like a baby like Phil always does.

Phil also is not very pleasant on the eyes to look at. I would much rather be watching Daniel who is always very cheerful and pleasant to others, and cute to boot. Too bad he is way to young for me! He's my son's age.

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
hellmuth i want to slug him in the mouth he is such an idiot. I cant understand why they let him talk to them like that
peace

Anyone else sense the irony here?:D

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching the 2007 wsop today. There was a hand where Hevad Khan went up against Humberto. Khan wound up busting him out, and it was hilarious to watch. They howled like a couple of monkeys, Humberto kept flashing his shark light on his king (AA vs AK), and then Khan picks up a chair at the end and starts dancing around with it. That's my kind of poker :)

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching the 2007 WSOP today. There was a hand where Hevad Khan went up against Humberto. Khan wound up busting him out, and it was hilarious to watch. They howled like a couple of monkeys, Humberto kept flashing his shark light on his king (AA vs AK), and then Khan picks up a chair at the end and starts dancing around with it. That's my kind of poker :)

Yeah, I remember that one. I was rooting for them to kill each other right then and there and improve the poker community. And I'm willing to bet that the majority of players and spectators on the floor wouldn't have done a thing to stop it. :D

Something happened to Hevad over the Winter. He has actually been subdued the few times I have seen him in tourneys. Wonder if somebody bitch-slapped him into acting like a human?:D

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker brat is diffinity my least favorite to watch on tv, that guy goes nuts for no reason sometimes. his skills are amazing dont get me wrong but hands down the most tilt guy on tv, i think haha. sometimes i think he dose that to be more famous lolz

E

ecoutee72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most annoying player would definately have to be Humberto Brenes. And his annoying shark. Can't believe someone hasn't taken that shark and stepped on it yet.

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most annoying player would definately have to be Humberto Brenes. And his annoying shark. Can't believe someone hasn't taken that shark and stepped on it yet.

I was thinking of a much more personal and intrusive use for the shark. :D

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't have many poker TV shows in the UK, but I've been watching Roland de Wolfe recently, and he always looks like a sulky schoolkid. He's quite annoying, too.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Devilfish.....Luckily here in America, we don't have to see him in many tourneys.....

With Hellmuth, he's just trying to get you to not show your hand I think....maybe fold before showdown if you don't have the absolute nuts. That's just part of his game.

As far as Hevad Khan.....there was a "Hevad" rule put into the 2008 world series, this is why he was so subdued....

H

housebreaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is by far the most annoying thing on televised poker. If imma watching a poker show, it's because I want to watch poker, not prettyboy primadonna flipping out whenever he loses a hand. He's got the talent, but he need to get some personal pride in how he carries himself in public. If he wants to be known for his poker ability, he needs to suck it up and stfu!!
You said it Sheepodog, I've got 3 year old twin boys and between the two of them they dont cry as much as Phil. When I first started watching poker on TV I thout he was putting on a show but now I know he's not. Even with that being said, he is a good player.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to think Phil Hellmuth was a great player. I'm not so sure now. I mean, he is a good tournament player. However, I wonder if his arrogance has caught up with him. Hoss_TBF blog entry is just one example. Daniel Negreanu said that he wouldn't play Hoss in Limit Holdem heads up. He said he would play Hoss in HORSE though. Negreanu gave a link to Hoss's blog entry which is another good example of a Phil Hellmuth blow up. I guess he doesn't care how big his audience is. Although, I don't think Phil knew his chat was going to be posted on the net for all to see. Chech out the Phil Hellmuth rant here. Enjoy!!!

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't stand watching the whiners of the poker world(Hellmuth esp.), they get a disproportionate amount of tv time because they can't handle the bad beats every player in the world has to take with any class...I always believed that how you act in your best and worst moments should be what you are judged on, and they fail miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.