Who do you think is the most annoying player to watch on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1) Anyone American (especially the commentators)
2) Hellmuth

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sucks watching someone like Allan Cunningham who rarely says a word, or Mike Sexton, who should never consider saying a word. Tony G just makes me sick.

The ideal table to watch would be Hellmuth, The Mouth, Negreanu, Ivey, Doyle, Laak, and a naked Vanessa Rousso.

Rousso is not hot, but annoying yes.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would dip Kathy Liebert in chocolate and lick her like an ice cream cone.

If that mental image makes me barf on my computer I'm sending you a bill.:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If that mental image makes me barf on my computer I'm sending you a bill.:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Okay, YOUR barfing made me barf on my laptop. I'm sending YOU a bill. LOL.

Course, I'm gonna have to go watch somebody butcher a hog or something to get that Kathy Liebert picture out of my mind.

H

highway26776

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Ferguson does not play slowly and deliberately just to pretend like he has a big hand every time or to put on a show and get more TV time. Instead, he goes through exactly the same motions and routine for each hand so that other players can not tell if he has a big hand or rags. Same routine means NO TELLS based on his motions or movements. His behavior is based on logic, not ego.

I agree nothing to do with ego he is the master of no tells as this shows

YouTube - Chris "Jesus" Ferguson "lip tell"

I think its gotta be scotty or the mouth. I hope I never make a wsop final table because im sure that any man sitting 5 feet away calling me baby is going to get a smack in the chops . As for phil hes just paid to be an a$$ and hes just doing his job well :D

ICU2QTPY

ICU2QTPY

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put a vote in that Mike "the mouth" Matasow has got to be the most annoying player.

That guy never shuts up, and he's just bla bla bla. Sort of unruly I guess at certain times ( when he's drunk ), and I do not AT ALL find him to be a rewarding or overly smart poker player. I actually find him to be much more like an average calibre player.

Mike is a push-over.

Peace.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) Anyone American (especially the commentators)
2) Hellmuth

Hellmuth is American. And, you're telling me the Brits are less anyoning??? You have the most anyoning poker player of all time, Devil Fish. I can't stand that guy. I would probably end up in jail if I was ever at a table with him!!!

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you Chris is hard work to watch but the guy is playing for serious money and there is no getting away from the fact that he is a seriously good and successful player. I wish I good play the game half as good as he can.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth is American. And, you're telling me the Brits are less anyoning??? You have the most anyoning poker player of all time, Devil Fish. I can't stand that guy. I would probably end up in jail if I was ever at a table with him!!!
Devil fish would send the mob after you :p.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Devil fish would send the mob after you :p.

You're probably right!!! I ment to say Devil Fish is to most non annoying player and I have so much respect for him that I'd go to jail for him:D

Last edited:
puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's funny (and kinda sad at the same time) is how some of the newer players are getting PAID through endorsements for acting like total jackasses in tourney appearances, where some of the solid players that don't act out and draw a ton of attention to themselves might not be.

So the lesson learned for the newcomer to professional poker? If you're going to be on TV, act as goofy, jerky, and moronic as you possibly can in order to draw attention to yourself and you'll make $$$$!:mad:

The last few WPT tourney replays I have watched have had players that had come from playing online poker in them, and some of these guys acted like they had an armful of WSOP bracelets, were condescending to the other players, and were basically just jerks, so maybe that's the principle that they were going on??

R

rufzilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't stand phill hellmuth with his bitching and moaning
So i love it when someone beats him on the river especially a rookie because he just bitchs and i would just laugh

dropdead1

dropdead1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Scotty Nguyen. The "baby" stuff is cool for like 5 minutes, then I want to punch him. He might be worse than Matusow.
I totally agree that Scotty is sooooo irritating but having just watched the WSOP 2008 (yes we are a bit slow here in SA) I must say that the so called celeb Lukas Haas had me wanting to throw a brick at the TV every time I saw his face on screen!

What a twit!!!

dropdead1

dropdead1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree that Scotty is sooooo irritating but having just watched the WSOP 2008 (yes we are a bit slow here in SA) I must say that the so called celeb Lukas Haas had me wanting to throw a brick at the TV every time I saw his face on screen!

What a twit!!!

Ok so I could have got the name wrong...it might be Phil Haak or something like that...the boyfriend of Jen Tilly (just as irritating as her bf).

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so I could have got the name wrong...it might be Phil Haak or something like that...the boyfriend of Jen Tilly (just as irritating as her bf).

Phil Laak, the Unibomber.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I read on some poker site that Jen Tilly is 51!!! I can't believe that, she is hot for 51!!!!!

popo12

popo12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to say...hellsmuth..

he annoys me do to his childishness,and just a dink to other players who do the very same thing he has done perhaps five minutes before...bluff..or suck out...he's a big hippocrit

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hellmuth annoys the crap out of me most of the time, but then I remind myself that it's his "schtick." He reminds me of the villain wrestlers from my youth, before it became all Hollywood -- their job was to incite the crowds and get people in the seats. Hellmuth is a great tourny player (not so much ring player, apparently) but he plays the brat role to the hilt. Hearing those who know him personally say that he's really not like that in real life convinces me that it's an act, and one he excels at, so in that regard I have to get him credit.

Personally I don't care for Corey Zeidman either, he comes off as some kind of GQ wannabe who is a great stud player but cares more about the "celebrity" status of Hold'em. I will admit though that seeing him and Hellmuth go at it on PAD was funny as hell, Corey really dug into Hellmuth and totally threw him off his game. And Zeidman gets a lot of grief for allegedly slow-rolling Jennifer at the 2005 WSOP, although personally I didn't see it as a slow-roll, just his being annoying as usual.

And Mike Matusow is a different kind of obnoxious. He's more like the lovable goof or fat best friend that everyone likes to pick on, but ultimately would do anything for (and he them). He doesn't bother me at all, I find him fun to watch. Sometimes I actually feel sorry for him, especially after hearing some of the other pros telling their Matusow stories.

What I've seen of Tony G would have to rate him pretty high on my annoyance scale, he's way over the top even for show.

I've only seen Humberto play a couple of times, and while he came off a bit corny or silly, I don't remember seeing the sort of behavior you guys are talking about. Guess I need to go catch up on more of his play.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Tom "Durrr" Dwan has to rate pretty high on the annoyance scale as well. Something about his effeminate manner and voice just grate with me.

DenisXS

DenisXS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it's Erick Siedel! he just doesn't play poker at all! He stays serious and doesn't even talk! good but not interesting

B

BIGRIG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i gotta say the mouth hellman would be the worst.

oops i mean hellmuth lol..............

Last edited by a moderator:
D

drjeckelNmshyde

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I believe Hellmuth is pretty annoying. He is narcissistic as can be. But he is a great player.

It's hard to watch him on tv because he looks like he has plastic surgery and talks like a robot.

But poker is about tilting your opponents, and making them second guess themselves. It sometimes requires a pretty annoying personaility to be successful at that. Actually, I think it ois a prerequisite. :p

the_dude

the_dude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the brat phil nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.