Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They are both equal in my opinion.
The only reason why you see more men playing poker is because the ladies have much more on their plates than the men

Seriously. Is this ^ why you think there are less women poker players?

So is it normal practice in the country/region you live in... women are 'kept' busy and men have more free time and therefore can play poker while the women cannot.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We are equal, just in poker men are more than women, in politics it is the same, but that does not mean that they play worse, they just have less time for entertainment than men, the woman has to take care of the family and the man brings the money

Your comment is approximately 50 years behind the times for much of the World. Maybe it's the region you live in... or maybe it's just 'you' who is behind the times.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Look at the number of titles won and it will immediately become clear
This ^ is like saying this > "Look how many women have won the Miss Universe Pageant! That should show you that there are more women in the World"

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that women have household chores in the foreground, when they play poker, men are more relaxed and can concentrate on the game, although there are nuances, in my opinion, women and men are equally worthy in poker.

Aleks, So when you picture women players who are playing on the tables in online poker games, you picture them needing to do household chores while playing their game(s)? And because of this they are unable to concentrate as much on the poker game?
Aleks, do you have a daughter? If you do, I hope she kicks you right in the arse! And if she plays poker vs. you, I hope she puts down the apron long enough to play you HeadsUP for 1 year's worth of chores!!!

This thread is amazing...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Men are more refined in general and have a better sense of logic, so they are better.

I'm hoping your partner found enough 'sense' to RUN! lol (and only came back to smoke you in a game HU4ROLLZ after taking the CC 30-day course... but because she's a woman, she was able to complete all 30days of it in just 3 days! (mostly because she was used to multi-tasking because of all the household chores she is normally doing))

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well there are much more man in poker and all the legendary ones are male .
In defense much less woman play i assume so its hard to make an objetive opinion.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is an interesting question in my opinion. Which sex lies better?
Gender does not matter. Skill, experience, luck, patience and discipline are important, and all these qualities can be inherent in both women and men. There are fewer women in poker, but they are in no way inferior to men.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are more men playing poker, so there will be more good poker players among men, but there are also excellent players among women.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think men have deeper thinking. (women...no offense)

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A comparison of who is better, is only worth it if there are equal numbers of both opponents.
Since there are and have been more men playing in this game and in the history until now, this question makes no real sense.
So there will be no clear (scientific) answer to this question.

P

panama0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If a person knows how to play, gender doesn't matter...

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sorry to say but if poker wasn't such a male dominated player pool.

If there was a 50/50 split man and woman the ladies would probably iniolate us blokes i think anyway.

This lady taught me never underestimate females at the poker table.

The lady is Victoria Coren she used to participate in majority of the biggest poker tv shows such a shark cage and premier league poker.

With all the greats Phil Hellmuth, Tony G, Dave Ulliott (the devilfish) and and majority of the time destroying them.

Also she was the first lady to win an EPT and she ended up winning 2 of them.

So this lady taught me very early in my poker journey dont pay to much attention to players sex.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Before you write that men are better, think twice: Roflmao: I think it's the same as men who play well and women just have a difference in their number in poker, a large number of men, so they reach great heights, we hope that in the future there will be more women's categories in poker

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The womens are better in normal time , but the way is going very deep in the long time of tournament I think the mens are a little better , of cause durability phisicall ...more indurance and in aggresivity ...more c-bets and reraises ..

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Wow these are some pretty embarrassing answers that some of you gave for real. When profiling a player to be good or not has NOTHING to do with being a male or female, big, small, ethnicity, etc. If you are a good player it’s because you took your time to put the work in to do so. This has absolutely nothing to do with gender.

Saul2025

Saul2025

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It's funny. I see lot of answers with missed expectations, not reality.
Or it's just crazy correctness.

Look, it's nice to be kind towards women. I know few of 'em playing amazing poker.

But. Reality in poker is measurable.

Try to find woman among wsop champions.
Review official poker rankings and count how many of them you can find in TOP100.

Cheers!

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Looks like I stirred up the pot here a little. I think some of you miss-understood the question.
Remember women are usually smarter and more cunning then men. The can read situations quicker when pressed. Poker is a game of skill so most women excel. The real issue is why don't you see more women in the game. That is the real problem that should be addressed. I remember one particular skilled pro who always had on a Beastie Boys hat that got less respect then she deserved.
Anyone help with the name.....

oh well

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Someone who puts more effort into improving their game and I'm sure it doesn't depend on gender!!!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are more men in poker, so it seems that they play better)

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think the men are a little bit infront. At first because a lot of more men play poker so this the best pokerplayers are men. The men are more competetitive and interested to win against other people. If we had 100 men and 100 women with the same attitude to play, i would say the women has more chance to win. Because the have more emotional skills to could read the other players.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's probably impossible to say so clearly who exactly plays poker better for men or women. I know friends and men and women who play well. It all depends on the person who plays, whether it's a man or a woman. The only thing I think is that more men than women play poker.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an interesting question in my opinion. Which sex lies better?
Well I guess that would depend on who is answering the question. But if you are asking about poker I would say it is not the sex but the skill of the player to be a good bluffer or liar if you prefer.

letfmg

letfmg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Poker skill is not determined by gender in my opinion