Who is the best poker player of all time?

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate Charlie Carrel, he has a weird way to play what normally would say a trash hand, and winning @ showdown somehow. I think he is teh 2nd best, below the really great player online:
LLinusLLove

K

KillaB0248

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Best poker player.

Well l would have to say only second to myself Daniel Nagraneau is possibly the best. I believe he has an uncanny ability to read the cards and know what his opponents are playing with. I personally think he's come very close to mastering the ability to count cards and possibly watch edge cuttings and he's irregularly lucky. Phil Ivey is also one of my favorites to watch but even he has openly admitted to edge counting. While both styles are frowned upon at the tables a player has to take any advantage they can get when the decks are literally stacked against us from the house. An l don't see how either would benefit anyone on the online poker scene where only the poker bot is the best player online. Good luck to all and may the poker God's smile upon you all.

Blurt Reynolds

Blurt Reynolds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no idea, I used to rate Daniel Negreanu but now I think Jonathan Little and Alex Fitzgerald are my favourites.

I honestly don’t think anyone person can be the best as there’s a lot of contributing factors and it would depend on the day.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellmuth still owns the most wsop bracelets. I feel like until someone takes that record he's the best all time.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

And in your opinion, what are the reasons for finding this best poker player of all time?
:as4:

It is a very difficult question nowadays, we will always say to the most famous like daniel negreanu, phil ivey, Doyle brunson, phill hellmuth ect.

personally of all these poker legends I lean more to Daniel Negreanu for me and the one of many is the live poker player with the best reading of the game and of his opponents, he also has several WSOP bracelets although phill hellmuth has more Daniel negreanu is still a much more complete player than hellmuth.

but today today there are many players who are better than them if we go to the statistics for earnings or scores of the GPI Global poker Index both in online poker and playing live.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Chip Reese

On my previous reply wrote names of tournament players.
But in cash games:
David "Chip" Reese

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's many. Hard to tell which one is the best.

RasterGFX

RasterGFX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who else??

And in your opinion what are the reasons for finding this poker player the best of all time?
:as4:
In my humble opinion, he is one of, if not the best... at least of the many many I've seen.
:) Negreanu!!!!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Stu Ungar. He was a phenom that no one could play against when on form. Abrasive and troubled, he was a card savant.

He is the only 'old school' player that if magically transported into todays games would comfortably outplay any contemporary player. And I do not just mean the likes of Ivey, Helmuth and Negreanu but players such as Koon, Holz, Schemion and Chidwick.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stu. He won 3 main event bracelets.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Stu Ungar. He was a phenom that no one could play against when on form. Abrasive and troubled, he was a card savant.

He is the only 'old school' player that if magically transported into todays games would comfortably outplay any contemporary player. And I do not just mean the likes of Ivey, Helmuth and Negreanu but players such as Koon, Holz, Schemion and Chidwick.
I fully agree!

B

bigplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say me but I been taking some very bad beats this month and last. I love phil helmuth because he has the titles and he is like me when he loses.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Depends on what "times". The best seem to change with the times, every 10 or 20 years. There are a lot of them.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha at first I always thought it was daniel negranu but now I can only see that one of the best currently is adrian mateos

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in the top 3 is Daniel Negreanu, my favorite player! But to pick the best is really hard to do!

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil hellmuth

you have to say its him. he has won the mosy wsop trtyn of all time and he still playes at a top level today. so i have to say GO PHIL

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Difficult to decide between all time, but it's been a long time since Daniel Negreanu has been playing pretty strong!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if its the best all time but I feel Daniel Negreanu has shown time and time again he is one of the most consistent poker players to cash in tournaments and cash games.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its very simple game its all luck 10% skill

Doyle Brunson
A real genius.

I think that such a player has not yet been born, everything is still ahead.

Stu Ungar

Mercier was always my favorite player too😊

since I follow poker I have followed the story of Canadian Daniel Negreanu. for me he is the best.

I like the most gus hansen... ;)

I hate Charlie Carrel, he has a weird way to play what normally would say a trash hand, and winning @ showdown somehow. I think he is teh 2nd best, below the really great player online:
LLinusLLove

Well l would have to say only second to myself Daniel Nagraneau is possibly the best. I believe he has an uncanny ability to read the cards and know what his opponents are playing with. I personally think he's come very close to mastering the ability to count cards and possibly watch edge cuttings and he's irregularly lucky. Phil Ivey is also one of my favorites to watch but even he has openly admitted to edge counting. While both styles are frowned upon at the tables a player has to take any advantage they can get when the decks are literally stacked against us from the house. An l don't see how either would benefit anyone on the online poker scene where only the poker bot is the best player online. Good luck to all and may the poker God's smile upon you all.

I have no idea, I used to rate Daniel Negreanu but now I think Jonathan Little and Alex Fitzgerald are my favourites.

I honestly don’t think anyone person can be the best as there’s a lot of contributing factors and it would depend on the day.

Hellmuth still owns the most WSOP bracelets. I feel like until someone takes that record he's the best all time.

It is a very difficult question nowadays, we will always say to the most famous like daniel negreanu, phil ivey, Doyle brunson, phill hellmuth ect.

personally of all these poker legends I lean more to Daniel Negreanu for me and the one of many is the live poker player with the best reading of the game and of his opponents, he also has several WSOP bracelets although phill hellmuth has more Daniel negreanu is still a much more complete player than hellmuth.

but today today there are many players who are better than them if we go to the statistics for earnings or scores of the GPI Global poker Index both in online poker and playing live.

Danyel negreanu:jd4:

On my previous reply wrote names of tournament players.
But in cash games:
David "Chip" Reese

There's many. Hard to tell which one is the best.

In my humble opinion, he is one of, if not the best... at least of the many many I've seen.
:) Negreanu!!!!!

Stu. He won 3 main event bracelets.

I fully agree!

Fedor Holz

I would say me but I been taking some very bad beats this month and last. I love phil helmuth because he has the titles and he is like me when he loses.

Depends on what "times". The best seem to change with the times, every 10 or 20 years. There are a lot of them.

haha at first I always thought it was daniel negranu but now I can only see that one of the best currently is adrian mateos

I think in the top 3 is Daniel Negreanu, my favorite player! But to pick the best is really hard to do!

you have to say its him. he has won the mosy wsop trtyn of all time and he still playes at a top level today. so i have to say GO PHIL

Mike Postle :)

Phil Ivey

Difficult to decide between all time, but it's been a long time since Daniel Negreanu has been playing pretty strong!

I don't know if its the best all time but I feel Daniel Negreanu has shown time and time again he is one of the most consistent poker players to cash in tournaments and cash games.

Hello guys!

Thank you all for your opinions and answers.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I think Tony G is a very strong player, he has a good command of his emotions and knows how to bluff