Where did you learn playing poker?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read a bunch of poker books, used several training sites, and got coaching. Another thing that really helped me was using an icm tool -sngwiz.

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learning poker on ipoker platform-expekt poker:) i made first deposit and won 1k first depositor freeroll than i start my poker career;D

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First my friend introduced me to the rules, then I started playing demo balance and freerolls, and then started playing tournaments with small buy-ins

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at first a friend of mine taught me, then I read books and then I watched a lot of YouTube🤪

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
At home then with buddies to the online version. Now there is no problem, you can play anywhere and learn the game and train anywhere thanks to mobile Apps.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Zynga poker on Facebook.It was a conversation between friends we had .She told me how many hours she spent on that game and how interesting it was.Next day I played myself....lol

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
through ESPN channels I had the opportunity to get to know the game around 2010 I was young about 14 years old I watched it every time it was on, then I played it at school with some friends my great mentors are Doily Brunson, Phil Hellmuth, daniel negreanu and especially Andre AKKari he made a program on youtube in which new players during their online games recorded their moves (complete tournaments) and sent and Andre would say his opinion saying what should be done in the hands played

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was taught to play poker by my older brother, then I told about this game to my peers and we played for small money, because of the tort of years I have already discovered online poker and most play only it

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I started to master this amazing 888 poker game. I don't even know if I've learned how to play it.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I have not fully learned to play poker, but I am in the process of improving every day, or at least I hope so, but the basic rules and the value of the hands I learned from a relative who plays online tables, in the days that There was a nova and supernova in pokerstars and later I opened my account in 888 and played freeroll and little by little I was learning by myself,

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So many ways and places.

First I learned online at the most different sources but the thing is, I was loosing sooo much and I wanted to learn how to improve.

So I went online looking for free resources that at first was really confusing.

There's so much to poker, so many concepts.

And then I found splitsuit sweeney videos on youtube and liked it a lot cause of the way he explains things and also the clean designs he uses.

Then I started listening to podcasts on spotify and my favorite was smart poker study with Sky.

Then I started watching tournaments on Twitch...

So many ways... But the thing is, I had to play to get into difficult situations and understand what I couldn't figure before even if it was told to me thousands of times.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I recommend you start playing with play money at PokerStars and on their website you will find a very complete guide to the rules and tips that will gradually make you a good player. I also recommend you not to place bets risking money that you cannot lose thinking that you are ready and "you are lucky" and do not forget to have fun!

N

njrbj4321

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I learned by myself just learned the rules and started playing.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I learned with a group of friends and then I started using online sites.

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I continue to learn a little whenever I can, so far my responsibilities (university, gym and health) don't allow me to devote too much time to studying poker. And I'm still a little lost among so much information, that I don't know why to start.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Where did you learn playing poker?
My friends explained the basic rules of the game to me, and I read a short course and started learning by playing freerolls.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the beginning I researched the basic rules on the internet, I liked the game a lot and I bought some books and today I see many videos of players commenting.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was 14 when someday I was scrolling through Facebook and I've seen an ad of a Poker game. I was captured. However, here in this small town where I live, I knew nobody who knew how to play, so I had to understand and figure out the rules by myself. I struggled a lot to understand at first, but some days later I played more and more. Then, naturally I searched for strategies and how to play better. Discovered sites like PokerStrategy and CardsChat, and I started learning. However, I could not play for real money. Then, when I have gone to college, I forgot poker for quite some time. Today, I am here again trying to understand the game a bit better and also trying to get some money.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
learned poker from YouTube video lessons and work with coaches who can point out your mistakes if you have the opportunity to purchase training, do so in the future

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I accidentally stumbled upon the broadcast of the EPT tournament on YouTube. I liked it, I learned the rules and now I play periodically

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I actually learned by playing in my room on my computer. By trial and error, observation and analysis, I practically taught myself. As an aid, I used free materials on the strategy of many variables in this beloved game.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Learnt it with some friends at a pub, part of the local league.

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing with my mates. Then started taking it a bit more seriously by reading books on the subject.
But to be honest most of my learning still takes place by actually playing the game.