When you play poker, do you drink or eat something?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play poker, do you drink or eat something? or just play focus
When playing poker, some people believe that certain drinks or snacks can enhance their concentration or mood. For example, some may opt for coffee or energy drinks to maintain alertness, while others may prefer tea or water to maintain a calm state of mind. Regarding food, some believe that light snacks help avoid distractions, while others may choose larger meals to sustain energy. However, there are also those who prefer to play without consuming food or drinks, focusing solely on the game and strategy. It all depends on individual preferences and how each player manages their comfort during the game.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes too much alcool if not its coffee lolllll and eat chips or something like that ........

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would drink coffee. Just eat normally. I use a tablet so it makes snacking and main meals fine to eat while playing.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No alcohol for me .... had to give it up entirely about a decade ago . I might munch on some fruit while playing .

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When you play poker, do you drink or eat something? or just play focus
If I want to eat I eat, if I want to drink I drink. For me, poker is a game that can be easily combined with eating and drinking. Sometimes I drink beer, sometimes tea or coffee. I can eat whatever is available, from sandwiches to snacks :)

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Water, coffee, cigarettes , if the session going long i eat some light meals in breaks .

FrankieFire

FrankieFire

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Hey All... I have been playing poker for 30years and have a situation that is in the gray area and wanting to hear your position on this if it was you.
I am all in with a player for 1k its the new dealers first hand and still getting settled in... I show him my set of 7s showing him as I keep cards in my hand keep them there as he looks and I ask him you see em...He says yes starts to pass his chips and I muck. The dealer wasn't controlling the game and just gathered the cards never verbally controlling our actions then started pushing chips 2 him.... Then guy lays his pocket queen's face up..... the whole room hears me at this point. I've never lost my cool and am very easy going because im getting cheated with dishonest actions. Im a Marine and Fireman and took allot to hold back physically...So I have other player confirmed he saw my hand and heard him say u see my hand... Floor rules to give him the money....Gaming commission is investigating got the call today....

Would like to hear your well thought out answers that can either help me have my beliefs upheld w Commission or reasons why I have no claim to the win...

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
depends. for short cash games just drinks. but for mtt food for sure

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the session time. If I play for more than 2 hours I tend to eat.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No drinks.. I might eat something..

kenzito10

kenzito10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Always some alcohol but not too much. I try to eat too so I can take more my time

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only play live, friends bring snacks and I drink coke and coffee. Its a late night! LOL

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When you want to do pro poker you don't drink ,but if you want to relax and chill out,you can open 3 4 beers :))

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah I keep hydrated ir drink coffee and eat snacks like crisps or nuts

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play tournament poker and during every break I go to the kitchen to eat something, and after I quit smoking, I started going to the kitchen a lot more often.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i am in a tournament i always have snacks at my ready

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, when I play poker I like to eat and drink something but without alcohol. I love playing background music or some streams from professional players.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play for hours when doing well. So i eat, drink and smoke as normal. I even clean up, wash dishes, do, laundry, attend to a child and stay clean.
I can't put life aside for poker and i don't have enough free hours to play an overly engrossed games of poker.
I enjoy as much as i can of it.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Coffee and water. If I am playing for fun I drink some beers.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to drink beer and eat French fries.

Carstten

Carstten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I eat lot fruit and drink only water. 😃

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
before I start to play poker , i eat as much as i can , because if i eat during the poker game I relax and lose focus , so i eat before and at the begining of poker i try not to make any important decision that could influence my game in the next 2-3 hours when my focus is very high

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
When I play, I prefer to drink coffee.
To have a clear mind