When To Quit

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There comes a time in every players game when he/she thinks, "it's time I folded the tent". When this point is reached, is it when your Loss Limit is reached, or some mathematical method based on the number of Buy Ins or BBs, or even a gut feeling that you are getting nowhere, or something else?

excellent question and this is reason I don't play cash games online... cause there is no end to it and i would just play & play until my account was empty lol

i play MTT and SnG so i have no problem quitting, there is an end

i am new and i lose a lot in poker, so I have set a daily limit of $25usd, that's all i can spend for buy-ins... so if i wish play a $55 event i need save up for a couple days
so if everything goes for sh*t... i lose maximum $750 in a month

I have been playing since May and never got anyway near that...
one day I hope I need worry about when i winning when to quit lol

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing when to quit is always a difficult decision. That's why I like tournaments. You're out when you lose all your chips and you can't buy back in.

For cash games, it is tough. You get up and you think it's going to keep going, then you chase a flush and try to bluff someone else and the next thing you know you're back to your starting stack wondering where all the chips went.

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a sequence of defeats I try to recover what was lost by making riskier bets, changing game or room. I stop only when I realize that I'm tilt or I've recovered something.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently had a realization about just this very thing..
Any time that i become preoccupied or any time that im not present and giving atleast the majority of my attention to the game, then i need to quit. Ill just give it away lol.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, I have a gut feeling I'm getting nowhere every time I play(kidding..........not). But it's fun right? Maybe someday all of the tireless hours I've put in will pay off, but as for right now that's not the case. When I make my first million I will definitely post a message in all caps and bold letters on here.

S

SatisfyMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quit when poker becomes dangerous to your life, and for some, the danger of poker is what makes it exciting for those who use it as wake up call to get better.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I need a million dollars, then perhaps I can go))