When To Quit

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never give up, always think positive and improve and continue trying until you get the objectives

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's what I was thinking.Apparently there comes a time when you just get tired and fun do not get.The more the loss.And only professionals can receive income from poker.And such units.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When I lose, they increase the SNG bet. if the bankroll is reduced by 30 percent then I'm leaving the game

I

iceiceice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should quit when your tired or the game gets bad. With proper bank roll management you shouldnt quit a good game if your playing your a game.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the reason why an individual wants to quit is because they keep losing their bankroll than I say it is time to put more of your time into the study of the game. Once an individual studies the game than they should implement the information gained and see where it takes you. If you are still losing than you need to study some more. If you keep studying the game than it's only a matter of time before you turn that study time into a nice shiny coin. Kerching!!!! Kerching!!! Don't give up. You will be successful.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like to quit when my point is made. At that point I figure I earned my government check and the rest of the tournament don't matter. The government likes us take out the cronic winners and set the bet for the struggling beginners. To make sure we are not just throwing it to make money for a con they like us to win our percentages. With two hundred people and fifty winners you should place a quarter of the time. So in cardschat hundred dollar freeroll on ACR you should place about once a week.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably quit during a gut feeling that i'm getting nowhere. I think overall gambling during my lifetime I lost about 700 dollars. I actually am starting to slowly win back my losses.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I interrupt the game when I think I should end. So there is not a certain number of played tournaments or let's say I set myself a limit until I play. Basically when I go well I play as much as I can use that period when it all complicates and I would recommend it to everyone. When you go well, you do not have to give up and interrupt the game but to fully use it and get the most out of everything.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im pretty much there now. Poker just take too much time now to turn any kind of extra spending money not too mention the insane amount of time and the software youre up against these days aint slack

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke but when I play poker it must be anxiety or nerves but I smoke twice as often as I want to leave it at some point only if I keep playing I will not have to control my nerves

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think everyone noticed that rarely compete often win.Who plays on a daily basis and many lose more.In this case, what schedule do professionals play on?

A

anteupgoat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very results oriented and get majorly tilted if Im down in a session and sometimes I feel I have to grind it back up. That is the wrong mentality. You have to take results out of the equation and its so hard. I use to think I have to get to this number than stop or lose this number and then stop. Its a mind trap. The best way to play poker in my opinion, is that if you are good- above average. Study to be better and play withing your BANKROLL- So for me I need 5,000 for 1/2 and 10,000 for 2/5- and I like 2/5 way better than 1/2.

From watching poker vlogs on youtube I try to find mentors. I really like Andrew Neeme. My new approach is take out the results and just play for time. Keep accurate records. But if you love to play poker- Play for say 30 hours a week- once you-ve played 30 hours you are done for that week. You can have up sessions, you can have down sessions. But the fatal mentality is to chase loses from sessions. Just put in the time and play at least B+ game. play within bankroll- keep records- but stop being session result oriented.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You know Riggy. I found that its best not to quit. The people supported you till you could get enough luck to get the job. Once you got the job, you should be there by semi-losing. So you support the next person that can get the job. By semi-losing, you only lose if the player is doing thier math good enough. It like, if they did thier math, just calling they will win. See poker like a college degree. The good and lucky move on to work. This is good when you get the job its hard to lose the job until someone beats you. See there comes a point where really cant get better at a job but the stress takes over. The poker luck can keep them at bay so you can successfully retire.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Drop down to much smaller stakes or play freerolls until you're confident in your game. If you're not winning over a span of thousands of hands then you're probably not playing very good.

Do you actually enjoy playing poker or are you just looking for a lucrative way of making a quick buck? If you answered yes to question #2 then it's probably time to quit. Consistently Making money from poker is not easy and it's not quick. This is why it's important to have a genuine passion for the game or you'll end up getting impatient and wasting a lot of money due to careless mistakes.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When to quit poker for good: When I am DEAD

When to quit playing in the middle of a session: NEVER

When to quit playing for a few days: When your bad luck brings your so many bad beats and bad cards that you can't help but go on tilt.

For me, that is when I automatically think "Don't lose this hand," when I enter a pot. It's way too much like stepping to the plate while thinking, "don't strike out, don't strike out". It ruins my ability to focus on the task at hand, and at that point continuing to play would only make things worse.

Of course if you are not having fun, you should stop playing. It is not always fun to play, even when you still love the game and have fun playing most of the time.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you feel that you can't control the situation trying not to play good but only return the money you lost by raising the stakes.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There comes a time in every players game when he/she thinks, "it's time I folded the tent". When this point is reached, is it when your Loss Limit is reached, or some mathematical method based on the number of Buy Ins or BBs, or even a gut feeling that you are getting nowhere, or something else?

If you are playing cash games and set a time amount you are going to play. Play that amount of time regardless of results. If you start feeling tired/tilted and it's affecting your play then quit your session and take a decent break or just stop for day.

If you reach your time and feel good and playing good at a juicy table then you can extend your time.

As for tournies just quit registering if you feel tilt but you can't just up and leave so you have to chug through the rough patch and keep a level head.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
much depends on what you are playing, you have to type in a cash game table low value as 01/02 with a value limit you can keep up jongando get a good bank for the loss is minimal.
now is because in a month of high-value, already has tripled the amount I usually went out and enter again on the table and if you lose Dendo already so do not waste your day

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
before you leave you need to think.How long have you been playing poker?How much money did you win and how much did you lose?.Are you addicted?What game for you?Is it fun or a way of life for you?Answer will come.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a designated lmit money for the game day. If I lose or win enough, I will end the game.
In the poker software, I set the right limits so that tilt does not decide for me.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my oppinion deposits drive the poker economy and what sort of players deposit, lose deposit rinse repeat? Active players do. What I need to say is that it is absolutely normal to lose balance when you play poker. Poker is a mental game, the player psychologically feels the losses and forgets the gains easily.

It may mean a lot if you need this money to pay the rent. Or nothing, if you are a recreational player.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You really don't want to quit unless you were on a winning streak. The people want you to think that cause its your turn to win. They know you will start coming back and the winnings will break you even. The play comes into the rake. If you rode it enough to get part of the rake, I.E a CEO job in poker, thats how you keep making money in poker the honorable way. You just have to take a five year hiatus from poker with your winnings and spend it wisely until the five years are up.

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There comes a time in every players game when he/she thinks, "it's time I folded the tent". When this point is reached, is it when your Loss Limit is reached, or some mathematical method based on the number of Buy Ins or BBs, or even a gut feeling that you are getting nowhere, or something else?

for sure I must be doing something wrong to get to that point, could improve the game in the beginning and take it easy so I do not have to be thinking about BBs, because everything or nothing ends up being a game of luck and poker needs calculations and concentration

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it quits being fun and seems like a job. I enjoy cards but sometimes, at times though, really not wanting to play. Those stretches can last for months. Most enjoyed when you want to play.