When losing more often, what you do immediately

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop playing and watch videos that I like or some series that I do nowadays, when that happened to me I usually bet on sports to try to recover and 99.9% lost because I did parlays of many positions, outside of that I was never affected in poker , I did not open more tournaments, maybe sometimes it affected me that being in other tournaments at the same time was more aggressive:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I immediately do nothing, it's a sunk cost..

Today, for example, I had "the" walkaway hand, to seal the tourney, full house . Enemy had quads; what are you going to do? I could tilt, go ballistic, but why?
I lost, fair and square, and gained the "don't forget about the possibility of quads when there is a pair on the board" viewpoint.

Try to view each hand on their own, one bad beat doesn't mean world is conspiring against you; on to the next hand.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

When you are runing bad and loosing crazy hands, stop , take a break. If posible , change tables. You cannot get out of a bad streak by being agressive or continuing to play.

PrOKatana

PrOKatana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also have this problem, over time I adjusted

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such situations, I learned to stop and take a break. For me, this is the only and most effective way to save my money.

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as I start to lose, I immediately take a break and give myself a promise that I will try another time, for example, in a week so as not to fail. This way I can control my bankroll and not let myself get upset.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always have easy control over my emotions. Due to the fact that I follow the bankroll management system I never spend more than I can afford. That is why my emotions are always under my control.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not create such situations.If you do not follow the calculation of the bankroll, then the result will be a deplorable loss of it .Take breaks.If it takes a long time.There is a time for everything. The winner is the one who knows how to wait and endure the time.Learn to control yourself.Everything is in your hands!Good luck friend!

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
If you find yourself tilting massively and losing your bankroll when dealing with a bad beat, it sounds like the reaction is much more expensive than the initial situation. While this can be frustrating of course, the good news is that this is the part that you can control and you’ve managed to identify the problem—which is a huge first step.

Personally I’d go with a hard and fast rule if I had this problem myself—stop playing immediately when you feel tilted. If you’re still in a tournament of course play it out, and try to be mindful of your self-destructive tendency. If you’re playing cash though, sit out right away.

In addition to that, I wouldn’t let myself play again until I’d studied a pre-determined amount of time, and I’d start with studying stuff to specifically strengthen my mental game—something like “I have to study 6 hours and feel ready before I play again.” I know the 6 hours probably won’t all be able to be accomplished that day, and that’s part of the point. Hold yourself responsible for playing well and hopefully you won’t lose your roll making plays you know to be suboptimal in the future.

Best of luck to you and hope this helps! [emoji4]

what a great advice, thank's Katie, I will apply this

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to say that I stop playing and wait for the next day. But the truth is that I tend to always recover my losses (usually by playing bigger limits) in the end I lose everything.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always manage bankroll to never defeat but after losing some game by most unbelievable ways - likely you can lose and then.....
Whenever this happens i just lose control then using bankroll madly with bigger buy in and allin, more aggressive, bluffing.. sometimes back to zero

What you do for this situation?

This is one way to go broke very fast! losing over and over again, whether from Bad Beats or suck-outs is a quick way to Disaster if you start to "Tilt", The important thing to do is STOP! give the game a rest and come back in a better frame of mind a day or two later.
Never play when in a bad mood, If you have had an argument with a partner or your boss, staying clear from the tables is definitely the best option, and as most players will tell you Bank-roll management is very Paramount.
You have to set yourself limits, and stick to them religiously, I once told a friend I was playing a bankroll of $150 and he said if he had that much he would be buying into $50 games and try to win big, I said no thanks, I am happy playing $1 SnGs and winning small but regularly.
My way I could lose 10 games but still have enough to come back a day or two later and win that £10 back, His way was 3 strikes and it's Game Over! There are lots of stories of Players coming from a satellite game or free-roll and winning huge tournaments for Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars, It's true but you have to remember for every winner there are thousands of loser's, I just don't want to be one of them.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
After wins come the loses, it is natural, it is maths. When this happens, I play fewer games and more concentrated , waiting for the reverse!

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i tend to study more when I lose, if I'm feeling like I'm facing much better competition, if it's just being unlucky I take a walk & play the same game when I return

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing to get out of the bad streak. If it lasts more than 5 days then rest 3 or 4 days and start playing studying what you were doing wrong.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I evaluate my game in the long run and for me the most important are my good and correct decisions. Therefore, I never get upset and do not pay attention to the results of one day.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
STOP!!! To analize, to learn, to stop being poorer.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When I lose, I turn off the computer and go to sleep. If the next day there is a loss - I turn off the computer, go to take a shower and then go to sleep. If I feel defeated on the third day, I buy a beer and go to the river bank to watch the sunrise or sunset.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I concentrate on what went wrong. It has helped my game loads!

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s depends on whether I’m playing a cash table or a tournament if I’m in a cash game I’ll normally leave the current table I’m at sit out a few hands then find a new cash table. If I’m in a tournament I’ll sit out a few hands and reset and continue on.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I turn it off and go to cool down and rest. The main thing is to understand that I played everything correctly.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to take a break from the game and calm down, otherwise you can lose your entire bankroll.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such situations, I immediately leave the online site, so as not to catch a tilt and not lose even more, five minutes pass and I calm down and everything becomes fine.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after losing a lot, it is best to just turn off the computer and switch to off-line.In the gym for example goes well helps

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try change the game!, if I tilt, try to go out, play CStrike, or take a shower. But often i do the same of you! Experience will be teach when you should stop

J

jonnybegoode

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am on a downswing, it is easy for me to go on tilt. Especially if it is while playing a freeroll, small tournament or low stakes cash games. If I am playing in a bigger tournament, I can handle a bad beat better as I can still try to focus on at least having a significant min-cash. But if cashing in the tournament is small relative to my bankroll, I am very good at punting the tournament away lol