MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At what time of your career you become Poker pro? is it about your poker earnings, the stakes you play or just a title?
When poker becomes the only source of income, I think you can call yourself a PRO. And if the question is whether I consider myself a PRO, of course not.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you can earn a regular income from poker that covers your living costs, similar to a real job, then in my view you can call yourself a pro.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most beautiful hand in poker is when I had the AK of clubs and managed to make a royal....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-012705.png
    Screenshot_20210415-012705.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 6
jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe that poker has several stages in a race towards being pro.
1) you start out as an amateur. You play for fun, until you see that you start to get some good results and this game starts to get you excited.
2) This step is considered the most important. Here you must first start studying, not only the game in which you play, but you must also learn to manage your bankroll. In turn, you must get used to managing the variance, which is neither more nor less than the bad streaks you have. Get used to the fact that in the MTT you will not enter the ITM at all. And many other things that will give you wisdom. Not to forget the practice and analysis of your game.
3) Once you entered the previous stage and you begin to realize that you are a profitable player, that is, knowing how to manage the variance your day to day, or month to month, you increase your income, you could think about becoming a semipro. In other words, even if you have a stable job in daily life, poker can give you dividends during free hours to have a better economic life, so to speak.
Of course, point 2 and point 3 go hand in hand. You must always continue to do point 2.
4) And this point would be to become a pro player. In other words, you decide that economically you are going to depend on your daily work in poker to survive. In other words, poker becomes your main means of income and you already organize your life around games, tournaments, or whatever you decide to do in terms of living professionally from poker.

This is what I think, as I have seen many stories of professional players, who have told their experiences of how they got to the top of poker.

Some came from very low, such as Elias Gutierrez "ZerosPoker" Spanish player, or my compatriot Alejandro "Papomc" Lococco who was neither more nor less than a rapper, who did his work in the subway here in argentina, until one day He started playing and making his profession around poker, with very good success.

Well friend, I hope I have pleased you with your answer.

Greetings:):):)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you earn money to pay your expenses, you are already a professional player.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey buddy, being a professional poker player means making a sustainable living through the game. This means having the ability to properly manage the bankroll, I hope to be a professional poker player, regards

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I have not yet become a professional in poker and I am afraid that in the coming years I will remain an amateur.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tho I do not have any desire to become a poker pro, I would consider a player is a poker pro when they are able to consistently have a very high win rate & decent earnings. For decent earning, one needs to play on high stakes games.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think when you are able to be a massive winning player at your levels, it means you are doing this game pretty solid.

I can never really assimilate to those people who are able to pay off 5K+ buy-ins from the pocket. When the field is filled up with only professionals cause the regular players must be quality ones on these levels, what will be the difference between them?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At what time of your career you become Poker pro? is it about your poker earnings, the stakes you play or just a title?
When I retired 10 years ago, I made a remark to one of my Friends, when he asked me how my job on the Royal Mail was going? I said "Oh haven't you heard, I turned Poker Pro last month" He knew I was a Poker fanatic and was gobsmacked! Thinking I had given up my job to play Poker for a living.
Until I explained I had to give up work due to my Heart Attack and Triple bye-pass operation, so playing Poker was the most strenuous work I could manage now.
It is still only a hobby for me, but now I have more time on my hands to play Poker.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
To dedicate yourself to being a Pro you must first have money

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i'd have to dedicate most of my time and energy and revolve my life around it if I were to go pro

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
when poker makes money so that you can live on and that you don't do anything else but poker, then you will understand that you have become a professional player and can now devote time only to poker and relax and learn more about poker and develop

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think when your skills are enough to earn money playing poker and let you participate in tournaments that give you the opportunity to get money.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be a professional I think you have to feel like you're playing at a high level for a while. I have good streaks but also bad moments. With these ups and downs, it is not convenient to aspire to be a pro.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never. Poker is just a hobby which brings me some cash because i don't lose money. But I am never gonna be a pro. I am not skilled enough and for me poker is just a game , not a job

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I consider turning pro when I will be regularly winning by playing a large number of tournaments per year and in clearing a good return on investment.

I envision reaching this stage one day and having my sharkscope similar to that of a professional poker player.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I will consider myself a poker professional when this hobby is my main income. Now poker is not my main income, but an additional one. I still need to learn a lot to become a professional and earn money playing cards for my needs in life.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it all depends of your poker earnings. If you are winning more than you win in your regular job and you like poker enough to play almost everyday then this is a good moment to consider to become a professional poker player.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To become a professional player, you need to work hard on your game, regularly analyze the played hands, look for errors in them and eliminate them !!! Only by working hard can you expect to become a lucrative player and make a living just playing poker!!! Yes, I love to play poker, but I don't have the patience to look for and fix mistakes, although sometimes I do, but, unfortunately, very rarely and mostly it happens when I notice that I lose too often !!!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Becoming a professional poker player is not my goal. It's hard. I just want to become a regular in the middle stakes.