if you think if are going to win all hands, you`re the fish of the table

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For online poker my favorite is one I made myself though I am sure someone famous probably said it before me .. kind of stolen from Doyle Brunson - "May the RNG be with you"

For poker in general
“Just play every hand, you can’t miss them all.” - Sammy Farha

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best advise that is a simple saying & has saved my ass so many times lol
- A chip and a chair!
- Any Ace!
- Steal the blinds :)

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day vs Year

I like. If you win at poker for one day you’re lucky - if you win at poker for one year you’re good

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
“Fold and Live to Fold Again.”

"Eat like a bird, shit like an elephant" (If you are winning for a long session and don't leave the table with your profit until you start to lose and tilt hand after hand)

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Like the Bird and Elephant Analogy...

“Fold and Live to Fold Again.”

"Eat like a bird, shit like an elephant" (If you are winning for a long session and don't leave the table with your profit until you start to lose and tilt hand after hand)

Who do we attribute those wise words to?

Sounds like an unfiltered Confucius? I am not sure if he was a big poker player, but it certainly is applicable. I like it!

Best of Luck at The Tables Rob and All, and a Round Of Bird Seed Please! Just remember, GO when it is Time To Go, do not hold it in for the Big Blast, that will be painful! :eek:

CheezeWiz

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Who do we attribute those wise words to?

Sounds like an unfiltered Confucius? I am not sure if he was a big poker player, but it certainly is applicable. I like it!

Best of Luck at The Tables Rob and All, and a Round Of Bird Seed Please! Just remember, GO when it is Time To Go, do not hold it in for the Big Blast, that will be painful! :eek:

CheezeWiz
The first was told by Stu Ungar, the second, by Cowboy Bill.
Best of luck!

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of Course...

The first was told by Stu Ungar, the second, by Cowboy Bill.
Best of luck!

How could I forget about Cowboy Bill Confucius! (at least that is what I call him... lol)

I also like the Stu Ungar quote. Not as colorful, but equally wise!

Thank You and Best of Luck at The Tables, Rob, and All!

CheezeWiz

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I read an article on poker quotes on Doug Polk's site a while back, and I saved these quotes for some reason. I don't know whether they're my favourite, but they stood out for me among other 100 quotes, so there must be something special about them. Here they are:

“Poker reveals to the frank observer something else of import. It will teach him about his own nature. Many bad players do not improve because they cannot bear self-knowledge.” ~ David Mamet

“Poker is not simply a game of odds, moves and calculations. It is a game of controlled and exploited emotions including greed, fear, over-confidence and anger.” ~ Steven Lubet

“The strong point in poker is never to lose your temper, either with those you are playing or, more particularly with the cards. There is no sympathy in poker. Always keep cool. If you lose your head you will lose all your chips.” ~ William J. Florence

“Poker is a fascinating, wonderful, intricate adventure on the high seas of human nature.” ~ David A. Daniel

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will be good if you understand when to bet and when to fold.

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“Life, like poker, has an element of risk. It shouldn’t be avoided. It should be faced.” ~ Edward Norton