What's better? being a poker player or a lottery bettor

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really comparable. Just different things. Like comparing apples and oranges. As long as you know your limits and know when you are chasing bad money after good.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
It depends on personal preferences and risk tolerance. Poker involves skill and strategy, offering a chance to improve over time. Lottery betting relies on luck, with slim odds of winning big. Consider your comfort with risk and the enjoyment each activity brings.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a poker professional, one can study and develop edge over population and improve his winning rate.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Without a doubt, a poker player who, if you study and play correctly, gets results quickly and the money comes now. Lottery players bet many times and don't get the same return

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lottery is luck and poker is skill so without a doubt poker is better than the lottery

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
poker for sure but if luck is on your side then lottery would be my choice

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Poker is better, lottery is pure luck, póker required ability.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Def poker player cos i suck at lottery

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
For me, who am in love with poker, obviously poker is better. If you study a lot and play a lot in the long run you reduce the variance a lot and you can win money the lottery is just luck

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A bit of a philosophical question. I have never played the lottery, well, if you do not count sports betting, although there is also a lottery here.
It is better to be a poker player, where you can learn a lot useful for life, and the lottery will not teach anything, this is my opinion)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What brings you pleasure? process or result? poker is also a process, the lottery is just an addiction to a dream, you can play both, the main thing is according to your bankroll

D

dem_al100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only make money in the lottery on luck. In poker, you have to think, then you can win.I think poker is cooler, as the probability of winning is higher

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Unlike other gambling games, in poker players have the opportunity to influence their mathematical expectation.Poker is truly a form of gambling by definition. Poker also involves betting a certain amount of money on uncertain events/outcomes. How much you win or lose on a particular hand is out of your control, so yes, there is definitely an element of luck involved.When you play slots, roulette, lotteries, etc., the events there are random, and it does not matter who is sitting in the chair next to you. Players have no control over the outcome at all.

L

larabe1997

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
TN
Chips
lottery depens only on luck! and it's so hard to hit it ! in poker you are playing vs humans so it's doable and bigger chances to win

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In the lottery, your chances of winning are slim - 1 to several hundred million, so it's a matter of luck; in poker, if you play in a large tournament with, for example, 5,000 players, your chances are much higher.