Chips
for me a pair of The A Pair of Kings

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean AA is the answer to this question ;) JJ always seems to be a hand I have a lot of success with though.

It's good to see someone doing well with JJ I usually end up out of the tournament when I do shove with JJ

For me it is AA, KK, QQ, AK, JJ, TT.

the same as in the previous one with JJ or with 10-10 I am usually out of the tournament they are terrible hands for me.

For me the premium hands that are AA, KK, QQ, AK In these cases I would do shove but it all depends on the information I have of the opponents and the stage of the tournament in the case of AK unless for reasons of my stack I have to expand my range

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK and AA. But it is always more pleasant to go all-in if you already have a set.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best hand to go all in with against limited players is pocket aces, it's just a fact. With multiple players, if your stack permits it, 10-9 suited, j-10 or even hands like 9-8suited suited etc are not bad hands to call with when there are multiple players in the hand. Like I said, your stack needs to have those players way covered to justify that call

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always prefer to play the post flop, I go all in usually with 10 big blind with equity hands. I don't have a favorite

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% AA, 99% AK Suited, 98% KK. 97% AK Mismatched, 96% QQ, 95% AQ, 94% JJ, 93% 1010, 92% AJ, 91$ A10. 90% 99, 89% 88, 87% KQ Suited, ... and so on :)

Interest is charged on the All in, not the win.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't go all in preflop unless I'm short stacked usually. Even with AA, I cringe when I call all in. I am a suckout magnet.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It all depends, if I am playing in BB position; then AA or KK.

jogger3

jogger3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you click on the upper range. almost always we will get a stake and play a coin. push better starting from the position and purpose.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The AA is the best hand I think, but also suited connectors have many probalidades to win, hands like KQ suited, J10s, 910s etc.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess every pocket pair is a good hand, also AK,AQ, KQ , or something like that is also a good hand.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course with premiums,but it depends on how many chips I have and my opponent as well.

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cards are war in disguise of a sport!
My favorite hands AA, KK ,AK and etc :D:D:D

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is not a matter of a top pair. It depends from the situation and the personal analysis of the game. It depends from the maths of the game, the position, the sequence, the other players and of course from our psycology.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides premiums, I honestly have the most fun when I’m making a shove I know to be correct but at the bottom of my range. It makes me feel good about how much I’ve studied to reach the point of knowing what looks like a weak shove is actually a profitable one—even though if def doesn’t always work out in the short term! :)
cannot agree with this sentiment more. such a great feeling to know when the river hits that its in your range and not the villians and you shove and get it through

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, i will only 3bet shove AKs. For the other top 3 pairs i will keep on re-raising.
For tourney, i love open shove with it too.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suicide Jacks...All-In. Your move...

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, this is AA. The highest pair in poker is the best option for the game.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALL IN depends on position, players, chip amount and other factors, not just the cards.

I 100% agree, it all depends (stacks, tournament or cash, opponents qty/style, position, etc). In general, I believe it is a mistake to go all-in in a tournament knowing only 2 cards, unless you are shortstacked. Yes, we will win more hands than we lose with AA, but a single all-in loss in a tournament is a disaster. In a tournament setting, if we consider a sequence of 10 hands where we have 85% probability to win in each, we will have the most chips at the end of these 10 hands by only risking/winning 66% of our stack, rather than going all-in and losing 1 time in 6, which is a very real possibility. We will only win 5/6 times with 83% equity, like AA.

In a cash game, let 'er rip. There is no need to string consecutive winning hands together in a cash game, though of course, it is better if we do. The reward in cash far outways the penalty for having zero chips 1 in 6 times, in a cash game. If I double up w AA in a cash game, I can walk away from my session and consider it a success, because I earned 100% ROI. In a tournament, winning 5/6 allins may not even get me to the money bubble. We must think differently.

No one seems to really agree with me on this, but I can prove it. Of course, I will probably never win a million dollars playing poker, so...... go figure.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands