What's the best hand to go all in with

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to make an allin, my favorite is AA and KK almost 95% I have won with those hands, but it depends on who player you are facing, AK and AQ also use them to get value.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA thanks lol... anyway preflop and value of cards is not the most important things you must consider in poker, you can play aces, 2-7, but there are moments when you can play some hands or not.

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends on how much BB you have, how many players, and position.

For exemple in a tournament, with early position, and deep stacks, I would just call AA, QQ, KK and I would Jam 99 10 etc

That's my play, but again, depends on the things i mentioned

Well that's pretty bad. You're isolating yourself against better hands early and deep - they're going to have AK at best and QQ+.

Unless you get people that call with crap, in which case you are losing so much value from slow playing your premium hands.

K

killosaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I like AKs KQs, obviously AA. If deepstacked one cant go wrong with 22 or 55. All this being said it mostly depends on what style of play the opponent is utilizing.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the tournament. In AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT turbo. AK, AQ, KQ, KJ are possibly playable hands! All this taking into account other factors such as: Position, Stack, Villain, etc.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your favorite hand to perform an all-inclusive preflop? since some are more risky

This is kind of a silly question because there are a lot of variables. A lot of people will jam bif pocket pairs preflop but that can often be a mistake for a few reasons. First, if you and the rest of the table are deep stacked, if you jam preflop then you are unlikely to get much action (in real games, not talking about freerolls and microstakes where players will call off with almost any two cards). The only action that you are going to get is from other premium hands. That is not what you are looking for. You want to get value from your premium hands, so playing them the same as you would play the rest of your range is the most profitable play plus it makes you harder to play against. If you are just jamming big hands and either limping, making regular size raises or calling with premium hands, then you narrow your range for your opponents and become very easy to read.

Next, when you are short stacked, there are lots of options for jamming and you should be jamming frequently in tournaments when you are below 10 BBs. But when you are above 10 BBs, jamming is rarely the most optimal play. There are certain spots where jamming is a very nice +EV play.

Finally, you don't want to be a player who is easy for your opponents to read. Unless you are going to jam with your entire range in a given spot, jamming with only premium hands makes you easy to play against. Think about balancing your play and betting your AA the same as you would AK or J10. This will make you harder to play against and make your more successful.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands