What's the best hand to go all in with

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favourite hand to go all in with

What is your favorite hand to perform an all-inclusive preflop? since some are more risky

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, a pair of pocket aces is the best pair for allin. The remaining pairs of AK and pocket premium cards are already of lesser importance.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont generally like to jam premium hands, think you lose too much value, but a hand like 22 with 20bbs hu is probably my favorite.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket aces and queens, i dont like kings

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your favorite hand to perform an all-inclusive preflop? since some are more risky
I am a loser with AA in hand and now I only go all in if my hand is from KK.
I am a loser with AA in hand and now I only go all in if my hand is from KK.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Anyone who chooses other hand than AA to go all in preflop is mathematically wrong.

You are mathematically correct that anyone who enters allin preflop without AA has a lower chance of winning but for me the most beautiful hand with which to enter is 10 10, and the balance of this pair in my case is more winning compared to AA which often brought me misfortune.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really depends on the situation. if i'm short stack less less than 5 blinds, then pretty much any pair, suited cards. if i'm less than 10 blinds, then higher pair, ak-a10. again really depends

uros1991

uros1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is 88 .. I won alot of those allin's on that hand and it's my second favorite hand to ...

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this isn't a difficult question to ponder over.

Aces, obviously.

Because best odds.

No opportunity for mind games or playing the board.

The opponent can only call and hope he lucks out.

Doesn't mean it's invincible, just means that if you win with a worse hand against pocket aces, you relied on luck.

A

aasdehaas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the chips are down enough i will shove with any hand i feel i found some faith in.

if i get plenty chips i try to avoid making such moves or puttin myself in such situations. but calling for it all with ak and other premium hands is ussually a good choice

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually I do not go all in preflop, because I do not want to destroy my game so early and because like this you play a lottery and it is not a right strategy. I would do it only in a very fast mtt like the hyper turbo, and I would follow my calculations and my intuition!

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you go all-in with a couple of aces you are likely to throw everyone out of the pot and only win the blinds. Going all-in preflop is a marginal move that obeys certain circumstances, but for many it seems that it was the only button they see on the screen.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am against players who only play all in, I only give all in if I have a very good game on hand.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket aces so often lose, so i trying to see the flop before deciding to go all-in

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I make these decisions based on the size of my stack, but I usually go all in with average pocket pairs.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The range of playing hands always depends on the tournament and table. The more important the tournament, the narrower the range, and even it’s completely impossible to play allin

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preferred hand

normally i would say depends on table, tournament and stack!

but think more often AK, AQ is the one i do most since AA or KK is better not to scare people.

one excemption is multihands with 3-4 or more players, i actually prefer like KQ, down to J10/ 10 9 suited. but ok very rare i do all in preflop multihands

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the way online poker is the best is pocket AA. but you still can lose and it happens more than often

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is one of my favorite hands to go all in with preflop. It is a very strong hand but is not a made hand yet like a pair would be and you might need all 5 community cards to make a winning hand with it. Obviously AA and other big pairs are fine to do this with but those hands are already made and I find that I like to get action with those big pairs and play flops with them. AK is a lot trickier to play a flop with than a made big pair I find as well. So all in preflop for me in a lot of spots (not all), if you get called, run 5 cards and see who takes it.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands