What is your stance on Bots

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know are they exist but they are not allowed, however if you cant get somebody to talk to you it doesnt necessarily mean that is a bot, and location which is unknown to me doesnt mean that it is imaginative

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is, one person or entity controls many multiples of players, but you are only one player. How can you avoid the minefield to make it to the top when you have to win repeated flips? Like 10 or 20 in a row to have a chance. It's totally unfair. Like I said in my other thread I started, it's like playing a video game with one life, but your opponent has practically unlimited lives. How is that fair?

One thing I see is people here talking about bad beats and unfair dealing. I'm not saying that. I have to assume that the dealing is fair, it's just that the other players are colluding to take you out, perhaps (more likely than not) sharing card info.

Ivan Basic

Ivan Basic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if bots exist. there is no tomorrow

A

allamericanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HOW TO TELL IF IT IS A BOT

I think a bot is playing if he/she are always going all in pre-flop and yup they don't talk at all
....In that case , when i am playing a rebuy , everyone is a bot . There have to be some concrete ideas on how to tell if it is a bot. An idiot is not a bot .

A

allamericanboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SPOT A BOT

I think u r a bot.

I never chat because what the hell would I want to say...even if people ask me a question...I hate people
....I agree , if a player chats or not is not a way to spot a bot. There must be a few solid ways to spot a bot. LETS DO A SPOT A BOT CAMPAIGN and learn how to clean them out.

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a player is justified by the presence of bots.you need to play to their limits

sergey ptz

sergey ptz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not necessary to wait for good luck !!!

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bots are very real to doubt they exsist is pretty close minded

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No offense, but it is silly to worry about. I think if someone programmed a really good poker playing computer, they'd make more money selling it to poker players to practice against. That's how a lot of the chess engines are.

People going all-in on terrible hands are just trying to get lucky a few times to build a chip lead. They don't want to play if they don't double up a few times.

Hey, I said that! Word for word. :eek:

But I was way wrong about the first part. There are tons of them, and I have lots of evidence.

Zelengorov

Zelengorov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you remember only the times when you lose with your AA against lets say JJ, but you have to remember when your AA holds.

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is not profitable for pokerstars. They are well earned. But who knows ...

M

mauroc711

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This discussion is interesting, we have no certainties, but sometimes I feel like I play vs bots, however, sometimes I play emotionally and make calls as if I were a bot, LOL.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure we can ever be totally certain that there isn't a bot at the table. The real question is does it matter? Play your best game. 2 outers on the river happen all the time. that's both the attraction and the despising part of poker.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive learned a lot about the forum, and about my post here since I posted. They DO exist. You can buy one for about 150 bucks which I think is stupid. why play at all. They are easily beat. While they don't go on tilit, they are just stupid little monkey grinders. Rogue, I appreciate all your help.

MaksAnonim

MaksAnonim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
came across a bot in a tournament, like some of the players turned to the support of the PS!

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it really matter if they exist? I would think that if you play solid, variance will eventually produce profit. At least that is what I take from many of the comments here, plus, previous advice I have received in playing poker in the first place

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it really matter if they exist? I would think that if you play solid, variance will eventually produce profit. At least that is what I take from many of the comments here, plus, previous advice I have received in playing poker in the first place

Yeah, it does matter. For one, I'd like to deposit some money on ACR to play cash games, but I'm not going to until they stop allowing cheaters on their site. And if they are the ones who are responsible for creating these fake players, I still think it is cheating.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots in cash games I could care less, more money for me in the long run. Bots in freerolls NEED TO BE RID OF. Period.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I have a fat bot but what has the size of my bum got to do with poker.

:eek:

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all your inbots, I mean input:)

Zhendos

Zhendos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bots are unambiguously, there were news that regulyara of high limits revealed them and wrote to technical support, there were also videos on the Internet, well and employees of PS wrote that they have removed boats and have returned Buy in to those players who has suffered

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe if you like robots believe in playing I think this is a myth

PokerGrinder

PokerGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there are robots. That would mess up the integrity of a poker site if they got caught cheating.