What is your routine before starting a poker game?

D

danhewitt1986

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Make a brew. There isnt many things I can doing in life without having a nice freshly brewed coffee either before or whilst I do something.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like to sleep for about 20 minutes and then take a bath to play fresh

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm not doing anything 'extreme' but I make sure I'm well rested before starting longer poker sessions and I don't have things to think about and can fully concentrate on my decisions at the tables- so I can play my 'A game for as long as possible... GLGL all at the tables $$$

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I like to be wide awake, without fatigue or anything

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I drink a couple of beers, but I play more aggressively so I don't recommend it.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like not being hungry while playing. Always like before starting.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My routine is very simple, just try to eat well and get enough sleep to stay focused during the session.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whatever makes me feel at ease, puts actual financial repercussions on hold, and allows me to concentrate just on chip collection.
For some people, this might just drinking a cup of coffee, while for others it might involve meditation, reading or even drinking beer.
Most of the time, I find that meditation helps me the most to get in the zone. So i like to do 30-60 minutes guided meditation on my mp3 player
or my laptop, as a routine before starting a poker grind. :)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like to be well rested and in a positive mood. From there I'm good to go!

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None, i don't believe in rituals or superstitions or routines. I log on and play, quite straight forward.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you have some ritual?
I don't have any special rituals except a cup of coffee and a cigarette. It's basically all I need before a game. Although to be honest, I would rather do sports.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I just sit down and play but sometimes if I am playing a game where the buy-in is a fair bit, I will make sure Im comfortable - like go to the washroom, get a drink, sometimes a snack and most importantly make sure I am comfortably seated.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a routine, but I try to only play poker when I'm feeling rested and when I finished all my tasks of the day.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I don’t finish all my goals for day I’m dont start playing

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't do anything like that, during the game I constantly smoke, it calms me down and does not allow me to tilt if the game goes badly for me!

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Drinking water and also do some movements to relax my body :p

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have a routine, just if I have some free time I'm going to the game.

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite habit is to finish my work, walk my dog, take a bath and then play poker!Yes!😁

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
2 slices of lemon, a little Coca Cola in a glass of 250 and cognac over, power!

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I make my tea there, I roll my cigarettes in advance, when the break comes and then I go out on the terrace to smoke....

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Spend 5 minutes on the simplest physical exercises: squat, jump, stretch, push-ups - the main thing is movement. You will disperse blood throughout the body, including to the brain, which will have a beneficial effect on your quick wit and, as a result, your game! Engage in meditation, visualization, or practice deep breathing. This will help improve your concentration before the game, distract from extraneous thoughts. The main thing is not to get too carried away and do not forget about poker.Agree with yourself how much time you really want to spend in poker, and do not exceed this limit. This will help develop discipline, which will definitely have a positive impact on long-term results.Agree with yourself how much time you really want to spend in poker, and do not exceed this limit. This will help develop discipline, which will definitely have a positive effect on long-term results. Get rid of everything that can distract you from the game: phone, TV, chat, movies, and so on. A fairly obvious recommendation, however, many people forget about it.Try to play less for the first 30 minutes, 30-50% of the number of tables you normally play. Let it be like a continuation of the warm-up, smoothly turning into your standard game course. This will give you more room to make decisions and reflect on past mistakes. After that, connect additional tables, and into battle!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you have some ritual?
I have no rituals. Before the game, it is important for me to sleep well and have a good mood. These are two necessary components for a good game :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well... in my personal case, the first thing I do every day is do my homework... which I finish in about noon... then I have lunch, I prepare some cold drink and we are ready to start playing poker

Top 10 Games