What is Your Favorite Type of Poker?

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like Hold'em but I am learning Short Deck recently. I feel excited and there are many bad players.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've tried a lot of poker variations too. I really like the 2-7 triple draw and Stud. I don't like Omaha Hi / lo either. And yes, my favorite is Holdem.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
7 Card

7 Card is my favorite type of poker.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 MAX NLHE will always be my favorite to play. Perfect amount of action so you aren't board folding all day. PLO is a close second though.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have only just started playing different variations of poker but I am quite enjoying the different variations of poker. Finished a good 15th in the 5 card stud, Been doing quite well playing horse only thing you have to watch out for is when it changes from razz to 7 card stud lol. I hate Omaha H/L but still have to play it. 8 game has a great variation of poker games. Plus it keeps you more awake playing different types of poker. But I still love Holdem above all else.
The 1st few years of playing poker, I too hated Omaha & Omaha H/L, but I now enjoy them quite a lot and prefer them to Holdem. HORSE & Stud H/L have been my favorites for several years, but I think Fusion is currently my favorite. I like playing most the variant games! I played Pinapple for the 1st time yesterday. That was fun too. I just get so bored with playing Holdem all the time. :)

But more important than the type of game, is the type of players. I Love to play a game with Good players. It is Not fun playing "allin or nothing".

Last edited:
Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Omaha h/l only such tournaments have I won:deal::deal::deal:

C

captain1821

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many Greeks are born with a deck in their hands. For as long as I can remember myself, I was playing various card games with my father, grandfather and uncles. Back then we didn't know about poker, but we were playing poka which is similar. Poka has many crazy variations with even crazier names, like "Koukos monos" (cuckoo single), "Thes de thes me dio arnisis" (You want you don't want with two refusals), "Boba Ηarakiri" (Bomb Harakiri), "Nekrotafio" (Cemetery), "Poutana" (Harlot), "Sibethera" (Sister-in-law), "Mamouthaki diplo" (double little mammoth) and many many more... Some would say that the poker games we know are Poka variations.
Nevertheless, there is a reason that people all over the world know how to play No Limit Texas hold 'em. It is like the universal language of card games. It is fun, the rules are easy and straight forward and requires more skill than luck.

I'd say that No Limit Texas hold 'em quickly became not just my favorite type of poker/poka, but my favorite card game since I learned it.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL Holdem Freezout and Sit&Go DON

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I play mainly Texas Hold'em. Pot Limit Omaha Hi / Lo is also pretty:)

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only played texas holdem so far. Still learning, i think i will start omaha soon

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly hold'em but love Razz too, but never that many people around to play it though.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve been playing 5 card Omaha hi lo. Game is crazy fun. If you wanna know where to play online, you can PM me.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone chooses a discipline to their liking.You're not the only one who likes Hold'em.And to study other disciplines is not a hindrance.If only there was progress in training.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like most No Limiti Holdem, but sometimes i also play Omaha. It´s very differente and you need to pay attention in diferent things in each one.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Texas Holdem is very simple and easy to learn which makes that game so attractive

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course,that would be Texas Hold'em because it's the most popular one,but I like to play Omaha as well,sometimes.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Three card low is one of my favorite poker games.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most popular :):) Texas holdem.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, no limit Hold'em is still the most popular poker game. It is relatively quick to calculate the options for the development of events. But there are also enough pitfalls here. After a working day, this is what the doctor ordered.

M

Mahereid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's Holdem following by Omaha. I have been playing NL Holdem forever, but I recently developed interest in Omaha.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello guys I like omaha pot limit for cash and poker hold'em for tournaments.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play aggressively, to go far in tournaments.