What is your big goal in poker?

LordMan

LordMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
My true goal in poker is having fun - both playing a strategic game that stimulates my mind, and bonding with other poker enthusiasts at the table

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How close have you gotten to it so far?

Close enough to make it hurt. After 8 hours+ of play I got heads up in the deep stack event and finished 2nd. It was this event that drive me to want to win that one live title. I had not had that goal until after watching the champion get his in that event. It was then I really started my journey to improve and go for my title. Sadly, for me, just as I felt ready to really go for it covid hit. This has allowed me to become an even better player by working on my game more but it's had to find games at this point that qualify for my goal. It will get better as time goes on and i hopefully will have my chance again just hoping its sooner than later. In my area of the world tournaments like those are rare at the moment but we do have a wsop Circuit event coming in March of next year so I will get a shot at least then,

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowdays entertainment with a portion of money too. I would love to win a Hot / Big / Bounty game once again when I'm able to return to the fields on a lower flame. 🔥

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My goal is to win the Sunday Millions and become one of the best-known poker players in my country.

And you, what is your objective?
My goal is just play for a living ))

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My goal is earn some money while i'm getting fun, I mean playing 3 or 4 hours per day being a regular winning player.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I eat 140 dollars, I haven't played big tournaments enough to win a lot of money, but in the future I hope so.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My goal is to learn how to play in such a way as to receive a regular, even not very large, but regular income. Unfortunately, so far my game and results look very unstable, about like the Bitcoin exchange rate :)

L

limeokok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ES
Chips
Close enough to make it hurt. After 8 hours+ of play I got heads up in the deep stack event and finished 2nd. It was this event that drive me to want to win that one live title. I had not had that goal until after watching the champion get his in that event. It was then I really started my journey to improve and go for my title. Sadly, for me, just as I felt ready to really go for it covid hit. This has allowed me to become an even better player by working on my game more but it's had to find games at this point that qualify for my goal. It will get better as time goes on and i hopefully will have my chance again just hoping its sooner than later. In my area of the world tournaments like those are rare at the moment but we do have a WSOP Circuit event coming in March of next year so I will get a shot at least then,
Wow, so close! I hope you're able to get there.

You mentioned you spent time improving in the game - how did you do that?

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Participate in a High Stack tournament and profit from it, I will start from earning tickets from freeroll tours

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My main goal is to enjoy the game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, so close! I hope you're able to get there.

You mentioned you spent time improving in the game - how did you do that?

How did I improve. I started to really study more and more of the game. I used a coach and tried a few training site until I found one I really was comfortable with. Once I found the perfect one I was given the advice to to really work on my game piece by piece and treat it like I was getting a collage degree. I even gave up playing a lot of poker over a 20+ month span.

I took the advice to heart and really concentrated on each are of the game and until I was really improved and understood that section of the game I would not more to another section. While I am still working on my game and still have a lot to learn I have a much better understanding of the game today.

I only recently started playing ore seriously again and the results have been really good.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Recently, I played a Mystery Bounty tournament on 888poker and won a $40 bounty and another $6 prize for 7th place! This was my best achievement!

dangtnh

dangtnh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Beyond just financial success, my goal is to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle through poker. This involves managing both wins and losses gracefully, staying disciplined in my approach, and ensuring that poker remains an enjoyable and fulfilling part of my life.

L

limeokok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ES
Chips
How did I improve. I started to really study more and more of the game. I used a coach and tried a few training site until I found one I really was comfortable with. Once I found the perfect one I was given the advice to to really work on my game piece by piece and treat it like I was getting a collage degree. I even gave up playing a lot of poker over a 20+ month span.

I took the advice to heart and really concentrated on each are of the game and until I was really improved and understood that section of the game I would not more to another section. While I am still working on my game and still have a lot to learn I have a much better understanding of the game today.

I only recently started playing ore seriously again and the results have been really good.
That sounds like a very professional approach, super interesting to hear. Kinda like an athlete preparing for the upcoming season.

Which training site did you use, if you don't mind sharing?

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
$100 per week would be nice and make it worth it. As I spend a good 25 hour week play though it's well below min wage in the UK anyway. But nice as a paying hobby, pay for my annual holiday at least

At 200 dollars p week I could think of moving to se Asia for a few months doing the digital nomad thing.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, Improve my game and earn some prizes in tournament.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
My goal is to get to the final table at a sunday millions event. My other goal is to compete in a Vegas tournament in person.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That sounds like a very professional approach, super interesting to hear. Kinda like an athlete preparing for the upcoming season.

Which training site did you use, if you don't mind sharing?

It is funny how you put that and its exactly correct and how I did it. I used to be an athlete and was close to being a professional player. I do actually prepare like an athlete.

I will PM you the site I am part of.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My goal is to win the Sunday Millions and become one of the best-known poker players in my country.

And you, what is your objective?
Staying alive and playing daily

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play and have fun. I know I don't dedicate myself to achieving anything other than fun.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My goal in poker is to win a major World Cup tournament, online or live!(y)🏆