What You Never Say At A Poker Table

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice for you is just not to talk at all to anyone, when you play poker. Believe me, some people can be very rude and they just wait for you to loose your patience cause of that different talks.

S

Sten Alders

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate people on the playing table who talk too much, it's better to just not talk at all and focus.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In many times we do not know anything, but we say that we know everything, acting this way when we lose we will feel that we lose because we would like to lose, well this it does not exist.
rarely will your opponent know with 100% certainty what you have in your hand, and in the same way you will know what he has, so this is mere poker conjecture

never say sorry

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything too personal. I try keep a casual conversation at the most.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are trying to justify their decision to play....

S

Skott9603

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
odds

You should never talk about the odds or math at a table. You don't need to tell others the knowledge that you have. Let them guess at your abilities. Plus, if they don't know the odds or calculate them incorrectly then there is no reason to help them learn when it may be a weakness that you may be able to exploit at some point. The only thing I say jokingly is "well, the odds of making my flush were 50/50" usually gets an odd look or comment and then I say, "yeah, 50/50, I either make it or I don't"

S

Skott9603

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I talk non-stop. 1.) It is a social game. 2.) I get important info. (like what their job is, if they have kids, if they are well off or just making ends meet) 3.) Sometimes, you can throw people off of their game.

I naturally talk a lot but, if my opponents can't play and talk then I have the advantage so, I am going to engage a conversation for sure.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not believe what you say. Continue with your game and your strategy.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People like to make themselves smart
After the battle, they are all generals
It's best to play without comment

N

Napkins420