Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I suppose the only time I feel ashamed of anything is when I suck out on another player. but it is all part of the game, I always apologise after busting out another player, with a far inferior hand and he is all in with A/A or similar. but If all player is all-in with a stack that does not scratch mine, I will call with practically any two cards. That's not skilful, just pure dumb luck.
Sometimes it is beneficial to rely on your gut instincts and trust Luck, Once in a Live Tournament I was facing elimination with K/3 suited Clubs and called an all-in from the chip leader, He was playing A/K off and I paired the 3 on the River, Skilful? Hell no! Lucky to survive? Definitely.
Even done things like that in "blackjack". Being £40 in the hole after playing for about an hour I was down to my last £10 and they were starting the poker game I had turned up for, I pushed all-in, and the dealer said "the Poker room is over there" I said "yes I know, that's why I'm here." I doubled up and announced "Let it ride" to which he said "now you are playing roulette?" I doubled up again and after leaving it on the table I said "one last Time" and made Blackjack and got two and a half my stake back, walked away with £70 a very lucky and happy bunny!
Sometimes in any game of chance, Luck will be on your side, You just have to trust in yourself and your instincts.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm sure because of my emotional instability.
I don't think I have any reason to be ashamed of anything in poker. Poker is not a religion. Poker is not a place to confess or be ashamed of anything. First and foremost, you are a player! You are a person! And if you are a person, then act, not focus on your emotions! :cool::ninja:

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that shame in poker is in favor of the poor and cowardly.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I never am ashamed when playing. But sometimes I feel angry against myself especially when emotions lead me to bad decisions :rolleyes:

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always feel ashamed when I pay a villain's all in even knowing that I shouldn't have paid it (specially when I have an ace broadway hand with me).

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ashamed of tapping the tank in the past.