What type of game do you prefer, Limit or NL?

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like most limit games
I tried playing NL Omaha hi and low and that a real complex games compared to limited omaha hi and lo.
Some games like omaha hi is better with limited struction like Pot limit Its too crazy with a NL structure

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on the game, but when it comes to Holdem, I am fine with both though I need to improve my Limit Holdem skills a bit. And I usually do not play NL Omaha, PLO is exciting enough :D

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played limit in many years, no limit is the only way for me. Im either bout it or not, so its no big deal to win or lose, and just grinding. Good luck crushin it 🍻

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Different types of poker are interconnected by the type of bets. The game can be limited or unlimited. In other words, in a limit game there are certain bets, the player cannot bet as much as he wants. The second type of game does not impose such restrictions on the bet. However, these types differ not only in betting limits - each limit has its own game strategy, different from the others. No-limit hold'em draws you in with a crazy rhythm of the game, in which risk and bluff are at the limit. Difficult decisions follow one after another, like an avalanche. One wrong move can knock you out of the game or leave you with nothing in the cash game. I prefer no limit.

R

Rayrao

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play no-limit, because it is easier for me.
In no-limit games, if I make a bad move on this bet, I can probably make it up on the next bet. But in limit games you can't. So every bet really metters. That make me under pressure.
By the way, I think maybe humans can beat AI in no-limit, but in limit? None a chance.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Holdem only no limit, because every hand count. Other game types like 7 Card Stud H/L or Omaha H/L are exciting enough like limit games.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothing will ever be better than the old school nl!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems to me that limit poker is too complicated, no limit hold'em and omaha are easier for me, I only play unlimited

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limit games are not interesting. There are no emotions

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to the huge number of broadcasts on TV, Texas Hold'em (or simply "Hold'em") has become the world's most popular form of poker on poker sites. that's why there are most of the players and it's interesting to me.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use to play only NL. I don't like limit. Can't get many chips on one hand.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
while limit holdem has it advantages i prefer no limit holdem, due to the face your returns can be well favored when playing against aggressive or loose players, my game strategy has been derived from watching pros play no limit holdem

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I prefer no limit in Texas Hold'em and limit in Omaha. In the latter case, rather rough hands can occur, so I play limit only.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like nl games because limit games get to be nl games late in play. Also limit games have so much raising each hand.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play nl games. It's often a good strategy to go all-in, but with l games it's often not possible.

A

abbershey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Our crew started out with texas But as soon as Omaha high and Tahoe were introduced Texas went further south as it has far less action.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Short answer: limit

Long answer:
Limit Holdem is the absolute essence of poker and I would prefer it but I cannot see it played anywhere. Neither Limit, nor Pot Limit. So it's kind of strange to even think about it now. Many years ago, when I was really young, it was a thing and I really enjoyed it. However I have not played it in over a decade.

Other games are best limited in my opinion as otherwise it would be pure gambling. Variance is more prominent in other poker games and I am an advocate for limit or at least pot limit games.

One last thing, because of the "limit", the microstakes used to be the softest games in existence as recs or gamblers would not care about the few pennies or cents they'd put in the pot and cross their fingers they're hand was best at showdown, I imagine, even queen high, while I was counting my ridiculous bb/h numbers.

Right now, I'm hoping for more marginalised games such as stud, 2-7, badugi, badeucy, even OFC to be slowly introduced by more clients, as Holdem and more and more Omaha seem to have become tougher to easily beat, or at least more aggressive than ever (with 3,4,5-betting), and as a hoping to be professional one day I do my best to learn to master every other game with my fingers crossed that others will eventually start gambling on games they can't figure out.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL or limit.

I prefer NL as in limit you can't protect a strong hand by betting big.

I also like PLO as the pot limit keeps the crazies under control.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had recently signed up for the Limit variant by mistake and somehow I missed being able to create big pots. Therefore, I clearly prefer the NL variant because I want to be able to fully exploit the potential of a good hand.

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely texas holdem, much more gameplay, and emotion.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer No Limit especially in a larger tourney.

Top 10 Games