What rules would you change?

G

goldy_lordy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Sit out"-ers o be out in first minute of the tournaments and all their chips out from the tournament...

A

AcesUp747

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't Bovada nerfed it pretty well with anonymous playing?

I'd change the age restrictions down to 16. We can already drive at 16. Why no poker? Poker is safer than driving. The only thing you can harm is your wallet.

Sure, there'll be an influx of noobs at the freerolls. But there will also be an influx of noobs in the cash games so it'll balance out. :)

There is a working HUD for Bovada, and every single site on the net. HEM and PT4 aren't the only 2 players in town.....

Removing HUD would actually be very easy - no more text or xml hand history = no more HUD.

As for CAP game... I didn't say I'd replace NL with it.

I thought this was a fun thread...

There are many HUD's that use screen scraping, you don't need hand histories.

Sorry to derail, HUD argument gets me going every time.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really dislike situations when tables are reshuffled later in an MTT and several sitouts get brought in at the same time, then we have to wait for their timebanks to run out again while blinds keep going up. I hate having to sit there and wait for three sitouts who are sitting on 50 chips to be re-timed out.

It's also irritating when you have zombie sitouts who keep winning just enough to stay in the game and delay the bubble.

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People wouldn't be allowed to go all-in on the preflop. Really it is awful when some has AA and other has J5, and the cards are: JJ572
Preflop all-ins kill poker, in my opinion :/

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I swear I heard about some site doing some sort of insurance thing where bad beats couldnt happen. Can't remember where I saw it, but I know it was a real site.

On Bovada they have bad beat protection but you have to have quads beat by a royal flush for it and it has to be in a cash game. Lol

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would do a new variation of poker where you can see all your opponents cards. :D

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay guys, so far... :D

New Alternative Poker Software:

1. No bad beats
2. Must be seated for 1st card dealt
3. No river card
4. Prizes for half of the field
5. Player has to declare each hand
6. No rebuy, no late reg.
7. Losing players get extra incentive to register
8. All sit-outs removed if they miss 1 full level of blinds, automatically lose any showdown
9. No HUDs (option for game with no hand histories, and potential super-software that messes up screen capping)
10. Multi-table limit: 4
11. Max. 2 sit-outs at 1 table at the same time
12. 80bb min. buy-in for all cash games
13. Can't change user-name or avatar, players always searchable
14. Can "cap" bets (in certain games)
15. Fair algorithm for MTT table reshuffling
16. No all-in option pre-flop
17. Can see your opponents' card(s) during play (if they choose to show)

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If texas hold em was played with one hole card face up how do you think that would change the game?

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would change it a lot, it will be much easier to play, easier to read your opponents, and even more difficult to bluff. It wouldn't be so fun. These alternatives wouldn't make poker so fun as it is, well maybe the one of the HUD is ok, but if the rest were applied, it would be a boring game

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should be allowed to show one of your cards during play. That would be so much better, and lead to much more mind-games. Probably lead to more collusion as well though...

What do you do when the board reads 789A2, and your opponent flashes a ten and bets?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would change it a lot, it will be much easier to play, easier to read your opponents, and even more difficult to bluff. It wouldn't be so fun. These alternatives wouldn't make poker so fun as it is, well maybe the one of the HUD is ok, but if the rest were applied, it would be a boring game

Could also introduce the 27 rule to mix things up a bit. Like if you win a pot with 27 you get a jackpot of everyone's antes.

:D

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get rid of the burn cards in live play. Online has no burn cards.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get rid of the burn cards in live play. Online has no burn cards.

Interesting point. I also agree with this... even in a small cash game with friends people are never sure how many to burn or when or why. I generally do burn simply because the shuffling is a bit dodgy but at the end of the day the cards are being dealt out differently each time regardless so it seems a bit of a pointless act to burn.

D

dead homie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A BAD BEAT REFUND if you go all in with high pocket pair and lower pocket pair beats you, you only lose half stack, ak and aq beats you, lose 2/3 stack

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
witch3lade and Mr Sandbag, this already happens in some of the local live cash games I play (the capping idea), except the way we play if very different more just to gamble. You can cap any amount preflop and as long as you are doing so blind. One of the players regularly caps $500 blind, needless to say he usually loses several thousand.

My rule: 3 pair > 2 pair :)

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reduce sit out time, I want to play 6 max not 5 max godammit.

Poker Rules - Poker Games