What has Poker contributed to your life?

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth is quite so because before I only made logical decisions, instead now I seek to analyze and see more probabilities in a short time

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is like life and it can teach us many things as well as it can help us to know our strengths and weaknesses, it helps us to know our emotions and learn to control them. Poker is the only game where you can experience all kinds of emotions in a few hours of play where moods can vary a lot, personally I learned to be more patient and to make calculated risk decisions before making a big move. my chips and it has helped me a lot to regain more confidence in myself.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh how may I start?! Poker helped me a lot in college and after. I hope they will always keep this online poker games lol. See you all at the table����

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Poker has brought more fun, challenge to my retirement life.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What I learned from poker was that whenever you think it's all over you have to find that strength to get up and move on!

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good poker player will always base his decisions on logic first. To be successful in this game, you need to use this skill constantly and even if you do not make a conscious effort. Of course, if you are not just mindlessly playing "collect the combination", but really trying to think, analyze and learn.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love poker a lot, it helps me to think, relax, enjoy the time, stimulate my brain, and cause me a lot of pleasure.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The same as you, as you say, all that applies in life and in me I have achieved peace of mind in any circumstance, patience is another aspect that I have learned and combined with what you mention it is amazing how it has served me:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker taught me mainly to wait and also to try to avoid uncomfortable situations, and I take these lessons a lot into my life.
I love this game !!!!!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy playing poker for fun & earn some money. :)

Sometime we can find good players on table. :rolleyes: they have really good skills. :cool:

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment, I understood what I need to fix , but I couldn't implement it in poker, so there are no changes in my life.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker is a fundamental part of my life, why? Simple, my job is to constantly make decisions, I am a police officer (officer) and if you do something wrong, you will go to prison that simple. Poker helps me to control myself, to think about situations that could cause me problems in the future. That is why I think that everything in life requires that you take your time to make the right decisions.

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned that:
Poker = life.
Life = happiness.
Poker = happiness.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A good poker player will always base his decisions on logic first. To be successful in this game, you need to use this skill constantly and even if you do not make a conscious effort. Of course, if you are not just mindlessly playing "collect the combination", but really trying to think, analyze and learn.

I partly agree with you.

Really, the logical decision comes a long way when dealing with Poker, but something that needs to be adjusted is always the emotional balance.
Due to the fact that an emotionally unbalanced person is unable to apply any consistent logical action.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I enjoy playing poker for fun & earn some money. :)

Sometime we can find good players on table. :rolleyes: they have really good skills. :cool:

Really, making money from Poker is one of the best cognitive rewards :D

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is a fundamental part of my life, why? Simple, my job is to constantly make decisions, I am a police officer (officer) and if you do something wrong, you will go to prison that simple. Poker helps me to control myself, to think about situations that could cause me problems in the future. That is why I think that everything in life requires that you take your time to make the right decisions.

In fact, after knowing Poker at a certain level and applying it, your mind opens up in an exciting way.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I started playing tournaments at Foxwoods in October of 2018 it added two things to my life. One is that once again I was playing an individual competitive sport, and competition is something that I enjoy very much. Secondly, and more importantly, I also began my transition as a trans-woman on that day. I'll be forever grateful to all the wonderful people who I've met there and the acceptance that they gave me. I was very very nervous when I arrived, and very very confident that I had made the correct decision when I left. It would have been nicer had I lasted longer in my first tournament game LOL!!...but I walked away a winner. :)

G

Gigio22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something fun to do when I'm bores.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my life, something that needed to be changed was self-control or, more specifically, emotional control.
Variance really knows how to deal with your feelings, and in Poker, if you do not know how to quickly control and stabilize your feelings, be they of anger or happiness, causing you to lose your logical reasoning, do not doubt that you will lose money.
So, when I dedicated 100% of my time to Poker, I had to analyze my emotions and learn to control and stabilize them in seconds, so that a Bad beat doesn't ruin my session.
Learning that is changeable and applicable to anything in your life, really something that is priceless.
And you, what did you learn from Poker?

hi hi!! :ciao:
for me is frustration

blond.jpg

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that some decisions we must make with great caution and wisdom, because if we choose the wrong time we can put everything to waste

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to poker, I realized that everything takes time! if you want to achieve something, you do not need to give up at the first failure, but continue to do it no matter what! because there are ups and downs! and in one smart book it was said: to get a result from some activity, do it for 3 years no matter what! and after 3 years, if there is no result, then it's not your business! and if there is success, then you need to study for another 2 years! in general, 5 years of love give the result!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Thanks to poker, I have learned to concentrate better, in addition, I have become more patient, and I have better control over my emotions both in my personal life and during the game.
Good luck.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play poker life with people I know or play little tournements life with friends ,but know that is not possible so I play not so many poker

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has taught me that absolutely nothing is a sure thing in life.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Until now... Nothing, but I expected money. Just for the bills