What Percentage of Poker Players are Winning Players?

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the old days (2011 lol, when I started it said to be 5%. With the decrease of rakeback and game but hard, I believe that it is around 3%

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pro players are all winner players,t hey feed up off recreational players,if they play against each other in the long term only gain the poker room because the money go from hand to hand,so they allays need recreational ones

N

nomorkevm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody know the statistic? What % of Poker Players are Winning poker players? Are there even any good statistics on this? Or do people just throw out numbers and guess? Thanks :)

Hard to say for sure but many pro opinions say that 20-30 percent of players are winners over the long term. I tend to agree. When I look at any given table I am at, there are usually 2 or 3 good players and the rest are average.

D

dazeboy79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd also say 10-15% Winning...(just a guess though) bankroll management (BRM) skills are very fundamental and very important when learning and playing poker.

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably kinda hard to come up with an accurate percentage. It might vary from country to country.

One way to get an idea, is to have pokerstars give us some stats as to how many players are in the positive vs negative. The percentage of positive players is probably close to a national average. PokerStars deals billions of hands per year. Their stats should be pretty close.

I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of winning players is somehow relative to the percentage of face cards and aces in the deck compared to all other cards.

Aces = 7.6% - Professionals who play poker for a living
Face Cards = 23% Winning players who don't earn enough to play for a living
6 - 10 = 38% - Players who break even or have moderate losses
2- 5 = 30% - Players who consistently lose with occasional wins

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard anywhere from 8-12 % of players win

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt that there would ever be a way of accurately determining the percentage of winning poker players because of all the different venues. My best guess would be somewhere in the low single digits...those who claim higher are bluffing!

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anybody know the statistic? What % of Poker Players are Winning poker players? Are there even any good statistics on this? Or do people just throw out numbers and guess? Thanks :)

I doubt theres a real statistic but ild say 2% of poker players have a chance of paying their bills with it pretty much the odds of ending up any any profession :p