What motivates you?

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as I am having fun and making money I don't care about bad beats.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I really don't think I can live on this because it takes too much time a day but it motivates me to play, I have fun, I get distracted, it clears my mind and it helps me think more than anything and from time to time a few dollars in the bag:D

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hi, friend!
I like to set my own records in a certain discipline and I always strive to surpass myself. When I set a new record for the amount of money won, or a place in the standings of a certain event, it really drives me.
When there's a big losing streak, it's really hard for me to find the motivation to play. I just take a short break and then come back to poker with renewed vigor)

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the end it is the loosing streak that can also motivate me. The law of variance says, after bad luck you must have good luck. The difficulty is to still realize how much the human factor plays in. So, did I maybe fold too many hands and play too tightly?

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It is a great game, simple as that! This game is so much fun, exciting, has a little bit of everything, math, psychology etc. And besides, the possibility to make a bit of money is of course also nice.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is just pure entertainment, and any money involved is just an added bonus. I don't play high enough to experience any type of life changing financial swings, and frankly I prefer it that way.

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What gives you the motivation to play and play poker even after loose streaks of multiple trips to opponents and a heavy loss of the pot.
I’m just naturally stubborn. When I start something I don’t quit until I succeed. My trainer told me long time ago: “ out of two competitors the only one winning is the one that doesn’t give up.”
I apply this to everything in life. Practice makes perfect so don’t quit and just keep practising.
Don’t let your small defeats get to you. Cherish them, learn from them and move forward.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
First of all, it is worth understanding that poker does not give a damn about your “Wishlist”. Don't wanna play? Doesn't the soul lie in the analysis of the base? Yes, no problem, only in the end the profit will be appropriate. And if the wolf from the famous saying “feeds the legs”, then any poker player needs his brains and discipline. Therefore, the ability to cope with bouts of pernicious and strongly dampening apathy in relation to everything that happens on a computer monitor or at a poker table in a live club is a basic skill that anyone who wants to make a living playing poker needs to master. Sometimes it is more important than skill, mathematics and creative approach to the game.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What gives you the motivation to play and play poker even after loose streaks of multiple trips to opponents and a heavy loss of the pot.
Hi.
I am motivated above all by my victories. For me, poker is a hobby that brings me pleasure, but my victories due to my skills and experience motivate me the most.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I am quite obsessed with improving my game, that motivates me.
Sometimes I do half-crazy things but they work out there.
I am very motivated by the matter of entering the ITM and increasing my bankroll, always having the possibility of reaching the final table and even winning the MTT.
My goal in an MTT is ITM, final table and 1st place. Everything that enters this spectrum is an accomplished goal.
That's why I don't understand too much the players who enter and the 1st hand already go allin, it is more often it even bothers me a little but I respect their decisions.
It also motivates me a lot to be able to make a good bankroll to enjoy a little more of better tournaments and also have some profit to enjoy a trip with my wife Patricia without logically leaving Jonas my dog aside hahahaha
Greetings brother good post:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What motivates is hope....... It dosn't matter how many times you lose It's just the feeling of the winning tht keeps you coming back for more.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am motivated by the interest in the game. The problem is that I don't always have it.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My motivation rests in the trust I have in my own strategic abilities and understanding the laziness of the majority of players.

I know that I have a distinct advantage over 95% of the players I face, and this brings me back to the tables over and over again. :)

Consistent profit and additions to my bank account are nice. :)

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read the history of poker players or watch streamers and I see the same thing with them but at the same time where they end up winning 1 out of 10 tournaments and go to +
Here is the motivation

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am motivated by my family, everything I do is for them.

J

jmcinwpg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What motivates me? Not sure, just guess I need to have my butt whopped every now and again! lol

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hard work,dedication,be obsessed to be something in the life and follow the dreams XD
I believe that the more time and effort i put into something,the more i will be close to be great at it,so if iam studying and dedicatin myselft to win tournaments i believe i must get the best out of the time iam using to that
God bless