messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
some of the things I think one should master, or become very knowledgeable about are
1. knowing when you're on tilt and being able to recognize bad plays as a result of it.
2. being able to observe and collect information on your opponents, their betting strats, when there most likely to bluff, whether they're a passive, aggressive or rock player, take notes.
3. learning to not be to aggressive all the time, pot management
4. learning when to slow play and when to be aggressive
5. never lose sight of where you want to be at,(final table) thus not taking unnecessary risks
6. know when to play at the tables, free of distractions, and have a feel to play the game

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Trying to improove your game and run like god if u trying mtts.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For a successful poker game, and even more so if you want to become a professional, and not just play for fun, every little thing is important!!!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion one of the biggest things to learn in becoming a great player OR a pro is knowing when to fold a very good hand because you think you are maybe beaten. This is a very difficult skill to attain and I believe it is one of the most important skills in becoming a winning pro.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
to be a professional you need to improve your game, win tournaments, have a positive roi, study hard, courses,

L

Lalzi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
some of the things I think one should master, or become very knowledgeable about are
1. knowing when you're on tilt and being able to recognize bad plays as a result of it.
2. being able to observe and collect information on your opponents, their betting strats, when there most likely to bluff, whether they're a passive, aggressive or rock player, take notes.
5. never lose sight of where you want to be at,(final table) thus not taking unnecessary risks
6. know when to play at the tables, free of distractions, and have a feel to play the game
nice Advices

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience+ poker course cardschat+ luck+ patience+ experience+ patience+ training gtis chips

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's simple:
You just must be ready to be broke, depressed and lonely :)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
You forgot most important thing - staying away from (poker) forums ...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the sentence you put in the 1st place. Having a good poker mentality and bankroll management for me are the most important things to become a professional poker player.

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. Learning
2. Physical exercise
3. Emotional intelligence

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think you put the question in the right place :), is there a professional here ?! I do not think so :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not a complete portrait of a professional player. I'm sure a lot is missing.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think this question could be answered by professional players. Telling your way from starting poker to becoming a professional player. I think the answers will be slightly different as it always starts with acquiring skills and developing them to the highest level.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
This is not a complete portrait of a professional player. I'm sure a lot is missing
I know, but getting to see things from others perspective, is a great way to gain greater insight on the subject. Poker is a continuous learning Experience, been following Daniel and Phil for a while now and their deducing skills are unreal, and its all about Reasoning, Logic, great Memory, and much more all packed into a small window to make a decision, collecting and retaining info is key

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About number one, one of the most tilting (if I can use this word idk) players in all history is almost one of the famous and bests pros in history too, I bet you have never seen Phil Hellmut playing, he is one player that you dont want in your table but see him tilting and crushing everyone at the tables sometimes its hillarious sad and good lessons to learn there. Regards.

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
study hard, have discipline and do a good bankroll management!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, you need to train yourself to be disciplined.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing is a good bankroll management

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The most important thing is the correct BRM and tilt resistance! This must be "instilled" in the first place, and the skill in the game decisions themselves will come gradually with learning the strategies of the game...

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The most important steps to become a professional is to have clear goals and objectives and a plan for implementation, and then self-education and development in poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the most important thing is patience. In my opinion, patience is the key to success.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you put the question in the right place :), is there a professional here ?! I do not think so :)
Hi Pavel, I don't play professionally now, but I did for a few years in the 80s prior to online poker. Was always traveling. Was always looking for a good game. Was always away from home, and family. Pretty much have to live and breathe the game to make a living at it. Maybe it would have been easier if I'd lived in Vegas. Pretty much gave up the game when I got scammed out of most of my stake, by my own brother no less, and my son committed suicide. Was the worst two years of my life, and never felt like going back to playing professionally again.

The only sure fire way to end up with a million from playing poker is to start with two million. It's a tough life. 😢

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi🙂
1. Practice
2. Analysis
3. Training
4. Applying all the above points into action🙂😉