What are the most important characteristics and skills that a good poker player should have?

D

Diego29

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
In my opinion it would be to have the ability to manage our emotions effectively and make strategic decisions intelligently. Emotional management will allow us to stay calm and prevent emotions from clouding your judgment, while strategic decision making will help you quickly evaluate situations, consider various factors, and make the best possible decisions to maximize your chances of winning at poker.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my opinion when talking about the qualities that a good poker player should have :
patience, aggressiveness, discipline, temperance, study, concentration, determination, observation, emotional control, empathy, intelligence, mastery mathematical,banroll management

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
mental abilities that challenge players to make informed decisions, read their opponents, and manage risk.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Developed thinking, cold-bloodedness, persistent nervous system

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try not to give any tells, good players can pick up on little things

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience, discipline and the desire to always improve

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
it seems to me that a person should be dominated by qualities, restraint, and good control of the game and pleasure

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One important trait every poker player should have is discipline. Discipline is key to staying focused, making rational decisions, and avoiding the influence of emotions in the game. It involves knowing when to play a hand and when to fold, managing your bankroll properly, and not getting carried away by impulses or emotional inclinations. Discipline allows the player to maintain a consistent and strategic approach, maximizing their chances of long-term success. It's a quality that can be developed and improved over time, becoming a solid foundation for a successful poker game.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when to fold even if you lost a lot of money in a hand ,manage your loss before your win

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Id depends on the modality. What you say is correct for live tables, but I believe in online games the best skill you could have is statistic knowledge, since you can't play emotions here, predicting your winner hand should be your priority.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion it would be to have the ability to manage our emotions effectively and make strategic decisions intelligently. Emotional management will allow us to stay calm and prevent emotions from clouding your judgment, while strategic decision making will help you quickly evaluate situations, consider various factors, and make the best possible decisions to maximize your chances of winning at poker.
in my opinion , it is patience, discipline, study, concentration, determination, observation, emotional control, empathy, intelligence, mastery mathematical.

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i will enumerate the most important skills to have in poker in my opinion :

1.Patcience
2.Emotions Control
3.Discipline
4.Luck(not a skill but is you need it)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
of course this is patience because poker takes a very long time patience you need to stock up on emotion you also need to control yourself while playing do not be emotional because if you give weakness you lose a lot of money discipline is also a very important aspect of luck you also need at the right time when the pot is big and if you win by luck, this will be the key moment sometimes in the tournament

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
patience 3x :) a little bankroll to be comfortable to lose :) and a little bit of luck at the begining :)

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In addition to a lot of patience and focus, you have to respect Poker's variance a lot and know how to let go of good hands!:unsure:(y)

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is hard to define which skills you need to success at poker, because lately I started to think that to be a great poker player you need to have a gift to play it, I mean something that you could try and do better but it's not something that we can learn, in other words, maybe to be a professional poker player you need to be born with a gift to this game

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My most important characteristic is patience.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Calculating your equity for compliance and correctness of actions, the main thing to remember is that if you do everything correctly, then you will have a plus for the disposition

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think the most important thing is to learn the right strategies to exploit opponents.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
After thoroughly knowing the mathematics of the game, it is mental stability.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most important thing is to have enough money to be able to play every day, the most important thing is luck.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know why Phill Hellmuth blows up?

winning the MTT means more to him than anyone else in it

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience, Calm and collective composure, focus.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Emotional players make hasty and wrong decisions. Calm, focused players are more likely to achieve good results. So, conclusion, when we play poker we should be calm and focused :)