What is the most annoying about poker?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course when I lose money ,and when there is a fish on my table going all in all the hands.One more,when I´m playing a tournament and, suddenly,there is no internet.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the ALL! If you anything starting permanent to annoy, when you play in Poker, means only one: you are in "Tilt" and need take
a pause in the Game (may be on the long time), that your nervous system recovered... Because in the Poker no concept "Justice".
In the Poker how and in the Life: everything turns out as turns it out... And relate by this philosophically. Everything passes: good and bad too... Simply need more to Work above your Game, and above your relationship to Life, and in particular to Poker!;):rolleyes::cool:

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One crazy player kept going allin.All the rest including myself,discarded their cards.And now he goes allin again,and QQ came to me.What do you think was his hand?Suited J7!LOL!As a result,i sent him to rest to the general joy of the other players.Such people annoy me.It is not clear why they play poker.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many ways to manifest this behavior. Sometimes the player is in uncertainty about the fact that it is his turn to act. He repeatedly asks, " Is this my turn?". In other cases, the player may be in a foggy state, not paying attention to the sequence of actions, until everyone begins to look at him, waiting for his turn.

In other cases, the procrastinator deliberately delays the game, m-e-d-l-e-n-n-o looking at his cards, tilting them, putting them down and picking them up again, squaring them, thinking them over in every way before saying his word. Do your job! Bet, check, raise or fold faster!

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Coolers. The most annoying thing for me. You play very good solid poker and you just ran into AA with KK 5 away from the FT. There's no way you can fold those hands but the opponent has bigger one.

S

shebandowan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
slow players and players that don't care what type of hand they bet on

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most of all it hurts me when I have a pair of aces and someone goes to the whole bankroll and I have to fold them because I'm afraid that the opponent has two pairs of small cards

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Annoying that players shove any 2 cards in level 1 or early in a tournament. I don’t understand why they waste there own time because odds dictate that most of the time they are behind especially by any hand that would be calling them. Why take the time out to register and play if that’s your poker strategy. Also, players that hit a miracle river especially when they should have been in the hand or called a raise, and then act like they are heroes and talk smack.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the most annoying thing is when a person with 50/5 stats knocks you out of tournament with a garbage hand.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for entertainment only and nothing really bothers me. But I am amazed by how many people feel entitled to win just because they had the patience to wait for a premium hand.

When one forces himself to play a certain way because of a strategy he read somewhere, the joy of playing is sacrificed in the name of profitability, and when that doesn't even happen frustration and misery occurs. People stop listening to reason and start blaming their opponents for playing weaker hands.

If you are thrilled to see your KK facing an all in bet before the flop from your opponent with A2, blaming the opponent for playing like that because there was an A on the river makes no sense whatsoever. You should not only write NH in the chat box, but really mean it in your heart, because your opponent has done you a favor by playing his weak hand against your monster, and he has nothing to do with the A that came on the river.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for entertainment only and nothing really bothers me. But I am amazed by how many people feel entitled to win just because they had the patience to wait for a premium hand.

When one forces himself to play a certain way because of a strategy he read somewhere, the joy of playing is sacrificed in the name of profitability, and when that doesn't even happen frustration and misery occurs. People stop listening to reason and start blaming their opponents for playing weaker hands.

If you are thrilled to see your KK facing an all in bet before the flop from your opponent with A2, blaming the opponent for playing like that because there was an A on the river makes no sense whatsoever. You should not only write NH in the chat box, but really mean it in your heart, because your opponent has done you a favor by playing his weak hand against your monster, and he has nothing to do with the A that came on the river.

Great post Zinzir! I agree with what you said about the entitlement.

And I think it's very valuable to set expectations properly. i.e. Getting dealt a premium does not equal you will get a big win, or that playing patiently means profits are guaranteed.

Sometimes when people are too expectation oriented the joy goes away, but when they focus on the process instead all the joys of poker can be truly had :)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most annoying thing is playing when I know I shouldn't play.

This includes:
-Playing when I'm tired
-Playing multiple sessions in one day
-Playing when I'm hungry
-Playing when I'm angry
-Playing when I'm under any influence
-Playing when i'm in a state of 'need' i.e. craving a big win

Whenever I'm out there grinding I enjoy the game so much, it's such a thrill to get to play a game of wits and be rewarded for mental sharpness. Poker is awesome for anyone who has a gaming background be it checkers, bridge, chess, or others :)

The challenge comes in when that high kicks in, the high of making a big hand, winning a big pot, or having a big session... which leads to craving... craving another big hand, win, session, another spike in the dopamine receptors and this is where it gets hard

Like in life, nothing in poker is really guaranteed, and so to go in with high expectations of a specific outcome often leads to forcing the action and then frustration. For this reason I think it's really important to go in with a clear mind, and with no expectation, but just an intention to play well and be grateful.

Even when I overlimp in with a hand I should fold, or defend my blind with a hand I shouldn't this frustrates me. Because, even though in my mind I know I'm really just craving some action, some opportunity, some engagement in the game, what I'm really doing is setting myself out for a bad situation because I wanted a rush.

So ya, for me when I play anything less than my best is what frustrates me the most. And from shifting my source of frustration from what's outside me to what's within me, everything becomes under my control. My mood, my state, my feelings.

Anything that happens outside me, that's just the game, that's poker, and after playing millions of hands no 'bad beat' is really painful anymore (still annoying but only for a minute because I can recall being on the other side and reset) it's just part of the game because we are never entitled the 100% of the pot we may feel we 'should be' when we get all in as a favorite :)

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we know that in poker everything is not rosy, which is what ****s you the most in poker What bothers me most is the people who have an A in their hand and go all in

I think certain countries have boiler rooms with unlimited funds or something. I find it annoying I cannot see which country the person is from on partypoker anymore.

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing big part of your BR due to downswings... Many people give up on poker in those moments

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
players that constantly shove and hit, over and over. 7-2 off doesn't matter.. they'll hit.
drives me nuts :s

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the worst thing is the people it destroys when they don't have a handle on it. Or the families it ruins, Or the other evil addictions it enables great players to aquire like Mr. Unger for example.