What makes you fold AK pre flop?

W

whoknowswhat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I wouldn't call with my AK depending on how many go all in pre-flop. I think that from 3 to more the AK off must already be losing.
What do you think?

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the early stages, if there was more than one player paying the 3 bet , it would possibly hang up as well. But another factor would be the size of the 3 bet and also the player who made it, as sometimes having player information can help our action. But it's a hard hand to turn off!

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An all-in upfront that covers my stack pre-flop in the early levels or in the bubble auto folds my AK. I sat down to play & ITM & not loose all in 1 hand. Except when the dark devils whisper "wtf dump ass fish u need to have fun!" then I auto call. :cool: Note: AK is the 2nd best hand pre-flop so don't think its already losing regardless if 3 or more are all-in. Anything can happen in gambling but at least the odds are on ur side until AA shows up.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
An all-in upfront that covers my stack pre-flop in the early levels or in the bubble auto folds my AK. I sat down to play & ITM & not loose all in 1 hand. Except when the dark devils whisper "wtf dump ass fish u need to have fun!" then I auto call. :cool: Note: AK is the 2nd best hand pre-flop so don't think its already losing regardless if 3 or more are all-in. Anything can happen in gambling but at least the odds are on ur side until AA shows up.
What makes you think AK is the second best hand preflop???

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello
I actually only fold AK when I'm on the bubble or there are more than 2 players who go all-in, but there are also individual cases depending on the situation.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Pre-flop i will say in a beginning of a tournaments if we are deep and someones shoves the first hand then someone else calls :D

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My bad, AK is the 4th best hand pre-flop. :ROFLMAO:
AK is just a hand that any pair is better against, so don't overestimate this hand!!! In addition, a pair of kings has a chance of about 70%!!! There are many factors to consider when going all-in with this hand, such as the number of blinds, position, opponent's aggressiveness and stage of the tournament!!!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
* me being stupid * - luckily this dont happen too often with such cards ^ ...

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If someone put me allin and i'm not confident too win this hand.......

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wouldn't call with my AK depending on how many go all in pre-flop. I think that from 3 to more the AK off must already be losing.
What do you think?
I've folded AK in several situations, especially when the hand comes to me, with a 3bet and a 4bet, but of course you have to evaluate the situation very well, especially when you have information on your opponents, that's why a Hud helps you a lot in these situations.

T

Tenebra

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
If i just began an tournament then i wouldnt just all in preflop especially if 2 or more people are all inning.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
a 3 bet or a 4 bet before me

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Like a lot of people I tend to call most times with AK os. The rare occasion I don't is when on or very close to the bubble depending on chips I'm holding.

A

arunasman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LT
Chips
I'll never folg AK unless all goes all in then I'll think

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
AK is just a hand that any pair is better against, so don't overestimate this hand!!! In addition, a pair of kings has a chance of about 70%!!! There are many factors to consider when going all-in with this hand, such as the number of blinds, position, opponent's aggressiveness and stage of the tournament!!!
Agreed with u but is a good chance if oure stack after i lose this hand permited me too go one in the game wih more calculatet action to recuperate and go on with calm

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if I'm in last position and 3 people or more go all-in, I'll drop AK and I won't regret it but if we're left alone I'll call

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The question is not quite correct. It is necessary to know what actions there were before All-in, what position, stage of the tournament, notes on the opponent.
you are a bit confused. AK hits the flop 1 of 3 times (these are the percentages you mentioned)

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If two pairs are not AK on the board, the player is playing actively. In general, you need to understand what the bets were on the flop.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An all-in from a villain with more chips than me, close to the bubble, would make me think a lot about calling.

bermejoga

bermejoga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If there's no big bet on me, I never fold

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
allin preflop to more than 3 players I think you are very right, you are dead in many occasions, it is better to enter with another more premium hand like AA and KK.

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
After assessing the situation, what opponents are doing, and so on, you can watch the flop

Folding in Poker